What's new

Breakthrough - Blood God Blood God should get totem cancel pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Well he already has a bit of a frame trap with 114 into totem being +5 but since he lacks 50/50s and has a hard time opening people up, I had the idea of giving him totem cancel pressure so he can stay on the offense for a bit longer, inflict chip damage, build meter etc.

So his totems come out instantly on frame 1 and kotal recovers (is able to block) by frame 31, which is not bad. It's not that hard to get a totem out, but unless you're canceling 114 into totems you'll be on hella minus frames if you try to cancel strings into them. My idea would be to make it so the totems can be held and run canceled out of, giving kotal some nice plus frames (maybe like +3~+9 on most strings like b14 or b122) but also shattering the totem in the process, and of course taking stamina. When kotal summons a totem it will instead take its active effect when he releases the button, so he can still get totems out fast by pressing db1 and instantly releasing 1, but he has the option to hold it and run cancel out, making himself recover much faster, but losing the totem's effect. With that kind of frame advantage he wouldn't be able to jail into much, so the gap would be armorable, but he could find holes in the opponent's defense, keep the pressure going, and condition the opponent to block while he just goes for a free totem. Good idea? I think it would make him truly viable, he needs either this or an armored launcher.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Well he already has a bit of a frame trap with 114 into totem being +5 but since he lacks 50/50s and has a hard time opening people up, I had the idea of giving him totem cancel pressure so he can stay on the offense for a bit longer, inflict chip damage, build meter etc.

So his totems come out instantly on frame 1 and kotal recovers (is able to block) by frame 31, which is not bad. It's not that hard to get a totem out, but unless you're canceling 114 into totems you'll be on hella minus frames if you try to cancel strings into them. My idea would be to make it so the totems can be held and run canceled out of, giving kotal some nice plus frames (maybe like +3~+9 on most strings like b14 or b122) but also shattering the totem in the process, and of course taking stamina. When kotal summons a totem it will instead take its active effect when he releases the button, so he can still get totems out fast by pressing db1 and instantly releasing 1, but he has the option to hold it and run cancel out, making himself recover much faster, but losing the totem's effect. With that kind of frame advantage he wouldn't be able to jail into much, so the gap would be armorable, but he could find holes in the opponent's defense, keep the pressure going, and condition the opponent to block while he just goes for a free totem. Good idea? I think it would make him truly viable, he needs either this or an armored launcher.
/thread

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda

You're crazy. This is crazy talk.

KingShaz

In the Shadows

So you want to give a character who already has some pretty nice plus frames and true block strings more tools. It's a good idea if NRS intends to give the other half of the cast, without run cancels, run cancels and plus frames.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.