What's new

Question Blocked X-Ray has advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Kobra

Noob
Just take this fact, Land a JIP into 22 Freeze, the JIP into B121, (Opponent has 12% life and a breaker) SAFE JUMP into a blocked 214 :x into 224 slide...

It also adds to his unbreakable chip damage game. The use of d4,armoured slide, and advantage :x just pushes Sub-Zero so far up my personal tier list, its unbelievable.
Lol or you could just do jip 214 xray for 49% after the 22 freeze? No need to over complicate things...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not advantage, tested it.

Seems very close to neutral and the pushback is too much for any gauranteed follow up. Seems like one of them plays to use sparingly. He can still walk in and 21/22/D4 etc, but if the other guy has a faster move they can beat you out of it. Or they can just walk backwards.
yeah I noticed that. It looks like it might be like one frame advantage for sub... but the pushback leaves them at neutral. The equalizer is subs 2 being very fast, and the whole shock of the speed of the animation happening.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Lol or you could just do 214 xray for 49% after the 22 freeze? No need to over complicate things...
Even though it says Jip,2,2,ice blast,Jip,2,1,4,xray is 49%, its really 50%. Go into practice mode, put your meter on full and do that combo twice on the dummy with full health. If it was 49% at the end of doing it twice he would have 2% life left. But that is not what happens.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Even though it says Jip,2,2,ice blast,Jip,2,1,4,xray is 49%, its really 50%. Go into practice mode, put your meter on full and do that combo twice on the dummy with full health. If it was 49% at the end of doing it twice he would have 2% life left. But that is not what happens.
lol at training mode.... sigh.

Rob are you at Season Beatings? If someone mirror matches you will you punch them in the face... no one likes that shit :) lol

Dark_Rob

Noob
lol at training mode.... sigh.

Rob are you at Season Beatings? If someone mirror matches you will you punch them in the face... no one likes that shit :) lol
Yes I will be at Seasons Beatings. and I love mirror matches. I cut my teeth playing countless mirror matches against Tom Brady's Sub. I feel confident against any other Subzero.

Mortal Kombat damage indicators are not accurate, whether it's from the hit indicator underneath your life bar or the damage indicator in practice mode. I've done lots of testing and I'm guessing that Mortal Kombat has numbers on the right side of the decimal (ex jip 22 ice ball, jip 214 xray is 49.5%).

Dark_Rob

Noob
Mortal Kombat damage indicators are not accurate, whether it's from the hit indicator underneath your life bar or the damage indicator in practice mode. I've done lots of testing and I'm guessing that Mortal Kombat has numbers on the right side of the decimal (ex jip 22 ice ball, jip 214 xray is 49.5%).
49.5% twice would still leave you with 1% life. It must be 50% because it resets the life bar.(Im going only by the health bar, not the damage readout)

MK Kobra

Noob
What a pointless post. 49% or 50% whatever. That doesn't change the fact that that is still a better option than throwing out a random x-ray.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
What a pointless post. 49% or 50% whatever. That doesn't change the fact that that is still a better option than throwing out a random x-ray.
I don't think the point of the OP was to say it was a better option... just something to consider if you were in the final match tied 1-1 and to win all you need to do is chip away <10% of your opponents health. It may only happen once in a blue moon, but it works. Since sub can't lock you down with multiple block strings, this is his alternative.
Very situational.

MK Kobra

Noob
I don't think the point of the OP was to say it was a better option... just something to consider if you were in the final match tied 1-1 and to win all you need to do is chip away <10% of your opponents health. It may only happen once in a blue moon, but it works. Since sub can't lock you down with multiple block strings, this is his alternative.
Very situational.
I see what you're saying, but i wasn't talking about that. I was referring to landing a 22 freeze and going for a b1 2 1, which doesn't make any sense when you can just x-ray them.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Ok has this always been safe? Cause I dont remember seeing this in any of the previous patch notes.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Ok has this always been safe? Cause I dont remember seeing this in any of the previous patch notes.
Sub Zero's xray? Yea its safe. It always has been. Personally I think its one of the better xrays in the game because you can hold/cancel it as well.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
I'm not sure if anyone feels this way but it seems like more people are starting to play Sub. Even before the most recent patch.. Anyone else think so? It seems like everyone has at least tried him out.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I try to play everyone a little bit to understand their spacing. Since I don't have VSM or... another human being around that plays. These things come in waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.