What's new

Question Blocked X-Ray has advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Just seen TomBrady do his signature random x-ray and appeared to have advantage on block, and moved straight into another block string...

If the :x has advantage on block, then that would make sense of all the times I have seen TomBrady throw out his :x at seemly random intervals, but it appears that it is safe on block AND grants advantage. Amazing.

Can anyone clarify? Because if it is true, then this its just fucking awesome.

Seapeople

This one's for you
It's the fasteset :x in the game, safe on block and can work well against an opponent that's conditioned not to block. I think that's the main reason that Brady throws it out, but there may be more to it.

If it gives adv, I guess that just makes missing the :x less horrible and more worth the risk

UsedForGlue

yeah I think he said it himself. That the blocked Xray is at advantage on block.
Hot shit thats amazing, that means Sub Zero can chip away your last 5-6% of life with wiffed :x, into :bp:fp:bk Slide... or even JIP,212 :x, 224 Slide for your last 10-12%.

An unbelievable find by TomBrady...

UsedForGlue

It's the fasteset :x in the game, safe on block and can work well against an opponent that's conditioned not to block. I think that's the main reason that Brady throws it out, but there may be more to it.

If it gives adv, I guess that just makes missing the :x less horrible and more worth the risk
The fact is, anytime Sub-Zero randomly :x, he can get another safe block string into Clone again, thats amazing.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm not a sub main. But don't forget the xray dash cancel you have. It's very good. But I don't see how you can have so much come from pissing away all your meter. Sub breaks my logic of meter control.

UsedForGlue

I'm not a sub main. But don't forget the xray dash cancel you have. It's very good. But I don't see how you can have so much come from pissing away all your meter. Sub breaks my logic of meter control.
Just take this fact, Land a JIP into 22 Freeze, the JIP into B121, (Opponent has 12% life and a breaker) SAFE JUMP into a blocked 214 :x into 224 slide...

It also adds to his unbreakable chip damage game. The use of d4,armoured slide, and advantage :x just pushes Sub-Zero so far up my personal tier list, its unbelievable.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Takes for the tips. I'm going to add that to my anti-sub gameplan. I got sit on my ass and test my dash punches. I can think of a way to bait the xray.

UsedForGlue

Takes for the tips. I'm going to add that to my anti-sub gameplan. I got sit on my ass and test my dash punches. I can think of a way to bait the xray.
Now, I am not sure how much advantage there is, but I defiantly seen TomBrady go straight in for another block string. Don't quote me on any of those string ideas, but I really hope this is how it happens.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Makes a ton of sense. Sub-Zero's X-ray attack is one of the fastest, you can cancel out of it, and it covers a large amount of screen distance. Sure you sacrifice all your meter for the X-ray, but he's been known to build it at hyper speed with all his Freeze Balls and Ice Clones, not to mention his block strings. And if the X-ray is blocked, he's pushed back a good amount of distance too.

You know, after seeing this, I just may start using Sub-Zero's X-ray in this manner now. With him, building meter is hardly a concern.

UsedForGlue

See, I am still not sure how much advantage it has, and I have no one to test these things with. I would need the opponent to block the :x then neutral jump straight away and then see how much quicker I can neutral jump than him.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
never realized this before... I wonder where Sub would be without Tom.

Damn, Sub is awesome and he has the best alternate skin (besides Sek/Cyrax)

UsedForGlue

We need to get Tom in on this, as he first found it. Because depending on the advantage, this could be huge!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
damn i always thought tom was just being silly by doing x rays when they would get clearly blocked, if he knew it had advantage all along then i have a new respect for him as a player, his sub zero has been VERY impressive at dev, major props to him

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This was in Tom's living guide for a while now, you guys should have bought it :coffee:
I've wanted to, but the original download is priced and I'm without means to pay through the Internet. I've got to get a bank account and PayPal one of these days...

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Hot shit thats amazing, that means Sub Zero can chip away your last 5-6% of life with wiffed :x, into :bp:fp:bk Slide... or even JIP,212 :x, 224 Slide for your last 10-12%.

An unbelievable find by TomBrady...
Yeah, it's great. Been using this for cheap out those fuckin zonners for quite some time now. But I really don't believe those random X-Rays that Brady use are worth, unless it's going to kill the opponent with cheap damage, which is rare the case.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah, it's great. Been using this for cheap out those fuckin zonners for quite some time now. But I really don't believe those random X-Rays that Brady use are worth, unless it's going to kill the opponent with cheap damage, which is rare the case.
it is the only time i've seen him use it. When its to win the round (2nd win) and the opponent has roughly <10% health.

galindo

Noob
This is what I am hoping will be clarified. Any deeper additional information would be great man.

''Not always'' doesn't really help, I mean, it either does or doesn't.
ill try to get a video.

of course itt depends on what your opponent does,
yeah sorry i cant say anything specific, but i will after i varify it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Not advantage, tested it.

Seems very close to neutral and the pushback is too much for any gauranteed follow up. Seems like one of them plays to use sparingly. He can still walk in and 21/22/D4 etc, but if the other guy has a faster move they can beat you out of it. Or they can just walk backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.