What's new

Black Manta Combo Thread

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
For my early access boyz, what do you usually follow up his mb dp with the hkd string or any other options?
For his ender, I've been doing B+1,1, B+1,1,U+3xxD,B+3. This appears to be his most damaging option off any launch midscreen, but again....I've been in the lab for 30 mins so I am sure there's much better options.

Some day 0 combos for you, including notation as some (me) like to read it too!

8-frame standing 1 (high) starter: 123 x DF3 MB, B11, B11U3 x DB3 = 344 damage

14-frame low then overhead starter: B22 x DB2 MB, B3, J3 (late), B11U3 x DB3 = 337 damage

1232 ends in a low, 123 x MBF3 is then a two bar mixup: 123 x MBF3, J2, B11U3 x DB3 = 422 damage

double jip trait float shenanigans: JI2 x 4 x 2 x LB1(cancels flight), 123 X DF3 MB, F21 x BF2 = 290 damage
How plus is that ender? Looks like it's barely like plus 5. Also what kind of gaps does he have in his strings?

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Just checking him out. Two mids and one corner combo.

If it says Cancel next to notation its trait cancel . Which is L2.
If it says Air next to the notation its the air version for that specific move.

Midscreen - B3, J3, 123, DF3MB, B11U3, BF2(Air) = 430% dmg
Midscreen - J3, 123, DF3MB, B11U3, DB3(Air) = 403% dmg
Corner - F3MB, J3, B11U3, 411(Cancel), 123, BF2 = 435% dmg

Edit: Heres another midscreen combo but thats it from me i'm sure y'all can find a lot more cooler combos.

During Trait = 4 you need to move forward slightly to land the 1
Midscreen - J2, 2D3, DB2MB, F3, FF, 1, B11U3, 4F1, DB3(Air) = 372% dmg

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
OK, I added everything I found tonight on the OP. All the PS4 people should have a great base to start out with as far as combos go when the character is available for them tomorrow.

I'll go through all the videos and posts on here and add them to the OP as soon as I can. Really like this character. Think I may have finally found my main.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
What is Manta Ray on block? I'm assuming it hits mid?
normal -17 on block
meterburn -2 on block

How well does his teleport work against zoning? Does the fact that he comes in front hinder it?
His teleport can bypass Deadshots wrist cannons after a block but Rising Tide is -22 on block so only use it when you see the startup of his shots or you're fucked.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Startup is 14 but most Deadshot players continuously throw out shots which leaves him open.
If he just throws out one shot on block then you're fucked.
Ok... 14 is fast..... This is really good. It should have more utility beyond traditional kounter-zoning. Have you tested to try to punish Aquaman's FTD? It used to be -18 in the last game. I forgot what it is in this game.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Ok... 14 is fast..... This is really good. It should have more utility beyond traditional kounter-zoning. Have you tested to try to punish Aquaman's FTD? It used to be -18 in the last game. I forgot what it is in this game.
Nope Rising Tide(teleport) cant punish FTD on block but his Shark attack can punish it if they're at mid range. Shark Attack doesn't reach fullscreen tho.

I highly doubt the start up is 14 frames.

I assume "Rising Tide" is the teleport, which the video above lists as having 28 frames of start up. The move is -22 on block. The MB version is -4 on block, but 16 Bit said on stream last Friday that you could crouch the laser follow up and punish on whiff.
you can crouch the follow up even if they dont do it youll still have enough time to punish

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor

I assume "Rising Tide" is the teleport, which the video above lists as having 28 frames of start up. The move is -22 on block. The MB version is -4 on block, but 16 Bit said on stream last Friday that you could crouch the laser follow up and punish on whiff.
I stand corrected my bad i thought i was looking at rising tide frame data. It was set on manta rays meter burn frame data smdh.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Ok.. 28 frames makes it like Supergirl... The 14 frame start up had me excited, but that would have made him a hard kounter against more than just Aquaman. Thanx for the update.
Nope Rising Tide(teleport) cant punish FTD on block but his Shark attack can punish it if they're at mid range. Shark Attack doesn't reach fullscreen tho.
Air Shark Attack has 5 frame start up? lol.. Is this zod?

That means instant air is maybe 10 or 11 frames start up plus travel time...

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Here's what I've found. He doesn't seem to have an absolute universal combo off every starter.

B3, J3, B1, B11, B11U3~DB3

F3, J3, B11, B11U3~DB3

D2, B1, B11, B11U3~DB3

Any EX DP starter: B11, B11u3~db3

Any EX Missile starter: F3, J3, B11, B11U3~DB3

This character also has pretty bonkers screen carry. You can sacrifice damage for half screen carry.

B3, J3, D2~DB2, F21~BF2
D2~DB2, F21~BF2

Just a couple examples.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Couple other notes.

The EX DP BnB is kind of difficult. If you have trouble landing it, just do 123~bf1.

An easy execution substitute off of B3 is B3, J3, D2, ianj3~DB3.