What's new

Guide Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
So much unsafe =/ I think b1 is best used alone since it is +4 on block. Should grant a free follow up 223 then d1 lightning hands.
Whiff punish only of course or bait after a d1 lightning. B2 is probably a better choice but its always good to have options.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Whiff punish only of course or bait after a d1 lightning. B2 is probably a better choice but its always good to have options.
I like it to start games cause it has huge priority and the 2 of b12 is a spinning fist with a good hitbox.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
34% meterless traitless corner bomb setup. 22b1 Nj3 Far boot 22b1 113 Close bomb.

Activate trait if you have it or setup for a crossover and then time whatever overhead you choose.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
You can trait cancel his d.1 to link into standing normals as a hit confirm. Example: d.1 xx Orbs, 22 xx Black Magic, etc...

Note: The link is much harder on small characters (eg: Killer Frost, Raven, etc.).

BigD

Noob
can anyone get forward+2>Back+2 to connect?

I've been trying since launch and I can't get it to connect. Maybe it's a misprint in the prima guide?

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
You can just start B1 xx trait, it's +million on block and gives better damage than Black Magic starter.

B1 xx trait, F3, B2, 3, U1+3 - 38%
B1 xx trait, F3, 2, 2 xx Lightning Cage [MB], B2, 3, U1+3 - 49%

(walk forward slightly before the F3 if you're having trouble landing the U1+3)
That only works in the corner though right?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
For comboes starting j.2 into 11 xx T, you can skip 11 xx T and just go directly from j.2 to T into b.2. For example

46% - j.2 xx T, b.2, 3, 1, 1 xx Black Magic, dash, b.2, 3, u.1+3
56% - j.2 xx T, b.2 xx Lightning Cage [MB], b.3, j.3, b.2, 3, u.1+3

The problem is that j.2 into T is not hit confirmable so this is not that useful unless you have trouble inputting 11 xx T, b.2.

I found also meterles combo starting with j.3 into boot stomp
There is also a trait version where you start with orbs already active beforehand

41% - j.3 xx Far Boot Stomp, 1, 1 xx Black Magic, dash, b.2, 3, u.1+3
48% - (Orbs Active) j.3 xx Far Boot Stomp, 1, 1 xx Black Magic, dash, b.2, 3, u.1+3

v0nman

Noob
Hey this is a really noob question, but I just started getting into harder combos and I have no idea how to cancel (xx). I'm pretty sure it is just when you cancel a previous moves animation by doing another one. Can someone please tell me how to do one (specifically for black adam.)

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
Just to the inputs one after the other. Try doing 112xxBlack Magic in training mode. If it all Connie, you've done it right. If the Black Magic comes out but doesn't combo, you'll have to do the last input faster.

It's just like doing any other cancel/link. If the move doesn't come out, you hit the button too fast. If the move whiffs you hit it too slow.

Pretty sure I've found the highest-damage meterless corner combo.

j.2, 22 xx T, 22 xx Black Magic, nj.3 xx Close Boot Stomp, 22b1, nj.1 xx Close Boot Stomp, d2 xx Lightning Storm = 20 hits @ 51% Damage

No Meter, No Trait
j.2, 22 xx Black Magic, nj.3 xx Close Boot Stomp, 22b1, nj.1 xx Close Boot Stomp, d2 xx Lightning Storm = 15 hits @ 40% Damage

And for the record, I've got pretty good execution and timing, but I can't connect b1 xx T, b.3 or f.3... Can someone show me a video of it being done?

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
drewlpuddle

Probably the best way for Black Adam to get onto someone without having to jump in would be his B2, xx, Trait. It's better on start-up frame and hit advantage, but his block advantage is -3. His trait will make up for that when activated and followed up with 2, 2 after the trait to get in followed up by either his Black Magic, or Lighting Cage to continue your string.

His B1, xx, Trait leaves the opponent to recover themselves from stun after the Orbs hit them and that's not safe. So in my opinion I wouldn't recommend staying with that at all.

Reactions: Dan

Celerity

Lab Monster
Hatake Osawa
How is B1 xx Trait not safe? B1 by itself is +4. I'm not sure the exact advantage with trait cancel, but it's a lot. You can follow up with a 1 1 2 or B2 3 for free as far as I can tell.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Celerity

+4 on "block", yes. There's no way to follow that up with a string afterwards cause it's hit advantage for him is so slow by +6 "if" they didn't block it. Whereas B2 is +14 and better in my opinion. If they didn't block it and you went to follow it up with his trait, then they would be able to recover themselves from that once they got hit by the orbs being unblockable. Wouldn't see that being a reliable start-up hit for him. I've done B2, xx, Trait for him for the longest time since Tom Brady mentioned it to me and have been able to punish with it. Again, long as trait is involved with the follow up on it.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Hatake Osawa
I'm not sure what you mean by unable to follow it up on hit. The stagger animation gives you a very long time to follow up with anything you want, am I missing something here?

Again:
B1 xx Trait, F3, B2 3, U1+3 38%
B1 xx Trait, F3, 2, 2 xx Lightning Cage [MB], B2, 3, U1+3 49%

It's approximately the same damage as a B2 starter. B1 is faster and much better on block, but doesn't hit overhead and has a worse hitbox. Those are the differences I see.
Yeah Hatake Osawa even though B1 is not as advantageous on hit, the trait cancel advantage gives it enough to link off of. Hit Cancel Advantage is what applies here. A move can be -4 but as soon as it's cancelled become +10. It all depends on when the animation cancels, and what you are cancelling it with.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Celerity

Now that you mentioned F3 in there, it made lot of sense now. What you mentioned before on your last post was this

Celerity said:
I'm not sure the exact advantage with trait cancel, but it's a lot. You can follow up with a 1 1 2 or B2 3 for free as far as I can tell.
When you mentioned this. What came to my mind was following it up with a rush in after B1 connected in the beginning. I was like "What the heck?!". Lol this ain't gonna work, but seeing what you got and trying it seems pretty reliable. Granted when I said about B2 being good, it can be unless the person is not blocking on -3, but can bring in lot of damage to your opponent if connected and follow up with trait, 2,2 and whatever you want to end it with either Black Magic, or Lighting Cage and continue your string right afterwards.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
BTW I improved meterless damage midscreen:

B1 xx Trait, JI2 (land on the other side), 1 1 2 xx Black Magic, dash, B2 3, U1+3 42%
Not on my PS3 atm but try this:

B1~Trait, J.2, B23, 11~Black Magic, (dash), B23 U1+3

It should do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.