What's new

Biggest Complainers in UMK3 on MKAK

My experience is mainly with PS3. These are the guys that always whine no matter how you play. You can play aggressive, defensive, spam, don't spam, or whatever. It doesn't matter. They bitch endlessly.

Energetic Dreams/BEAUTYLISH(same person)- No matter how you play against this guy, he will accuse you of cheating. He's probably the biggest sore loser I have ever encountered.

skaterandballin- What a damn baby. Constantly complains about spam. This could mean a variety of things with him. Doing any of these too much will result in hatemail: projectiles, throwing, jabbing, blocking, etc. Actually if you do any of those 3 or more times you're guaranteed to get a whiny rant from him.

There are several more guys that I can't think of, but I'll add them later. Let me know what experiences you guys have had with these types of players.

I don't have a list on me, but my main issue is when you beat someone with a character that has a popup combo (h. smoke), then switch to another player and lose. Same guys that only pick one character, usually.
Had one guy send me a hatemail "yeah you're just like everyone else" I asked him what he meant... he said "you only play as human smoke lol just like everyone else". So I picked C-Sub next time I played him and got a flawless, and he barely touched me the 2nd round :)

Mr. Die-Slow001 picks Kano almost every time, and likes his popup to jk/air throw combo, but complains that I'm cheap using Human Smoke's pop up combo. LOL

I got a message from a friend on here letting me know about this thread.

skaterandballin - Is this one person or is skater meant to be me?

People are going to rage, EVERYONE has done it in some form, but only the class players admit they were wrong or are open about it. Ignore it and move on because threads like this do nothing except perpetuate the nonsense. I don't see what is wrong about compaining anyway if it is done without name calling and other childish behaviour. UMK3 has broken and unbalanced aspects, so people have a right to complain if you are abusing those things. Obviously if someone doesn't know how to stop throws, then be a gentleman and tell them how to do it. If they continue complaining about fair tactics then it is their own fault, but don't continue the cycle of hate by sending a shitty message back or making shitty threads.

I got a message from a friend on here letting me know about this thread.

skaterandballin - Is this one person or is skater meant to be me?

People are going to rage, EVERYONE has done it in some form, but only the class players admit they were wrong or are open about it. Ignore it and move on because threads like this do nothing except perpetuate the nonsense. I don't see what is wrong about compaining anyway if it is done without name calling and other childish behaviour. UMK3 has broken and unbalanced aspects, so people have a right to complain if you are abusing those things. Obviously if someone doesn't know how to stop throws, then be a gentleman and tell them how to do it. If they continue complaining about fair tactics then it is their own fault, but don't continue the cycle of hate by sending a shitty message back or making shitty threads.

No it's not you. skaterandballin is one person's tag.

I don't see anything wrong with calling people out for their nonsense. Don't be so uptight. You say everyone has raged at some point, so don't act so high and mighty. The guys that I mentioned do name call and are childish. I try to help them at first, but that gets me nowhere. They just ignore it and continue the hate. I don't use any cheap tactics either, so no they don't have a right to complain. Hell, I'm not even good enough to be getting hate from anyone in this game. They think anything is cheap that beats them. I'm going to voice my opinion of these types of players whether you like it or not.

I don't have a list on me, but my main issue is when you beat someone with a character that has a popup combo (h. smoke), then switch to another player and lose. Same guys that only pick one character, usually.
Had one guy send me a hatemail "yeah you're just like everyone else" I asked him what he meant... he said "you only play as human smoke lol just like everyone else". So I picked C-Sub next time I played him and got a flawless, and he barely touched me the 2nd round :)

Mr. Die-Slow001 picks Kano almost every time, and likes his popup to jk/air throw combo, but complains that I'm cheap using Human Smoke's pop up combo. LOL

I don't have a problem with someone picking H. Smoke everytime as long as I have a character that can compete. However, I don't like it when someone continues to pick H. Smoke when I'm picking low tier the majority of the time. I try to pick a variety of characters to keep it interesting, but someone that only picks H. Smoke forces me to pick Kabal, which I don't like to do very often. The overly defensive nature of that matchup gets redundant quick.

I'm going to voice my opinion of these types of players whether you like it or not.

You made the thread dude, don't get mad when people post in it with differing opinion, but I maybe could have been a bit nicer in my post. Like I said, if they are being unjustifiably hateful, then it is best to ignore them and not think about it too much. My opinion is that threads like these don't help anyone at all. I am not going to avoid a player because you have had a bad experience with them and I don't think anyone else should either. Make your own opinion after playing and interacting with these players, who knows, maybe it is just you(mike) that they don't like. I know there are a few well known pain in the butts in UMK3, but if you ignore them and they start realising that their behaviour elicits no response/reaction anymore, then they might change for the better or just stop playing altogether.

You made the thread dude, don't get mad when people post in it with differing opinion, but I maybe could have been a bit nicer in my post. Like I said, if they are being unjustifiably hateful, then it is best to ignore them and not think about it too much. My opinion is that threads like these don't help anyone at all. I am not going to avoid a player because you have had a bad experience with them and I don't think anyone else should either. Make your own opinion after playing and interacting with these players, who knows, maybe it is just you(mike) that they don't like. I know there are a few well known pain in the butts in UMK3, but if you ignore them and they start realising that their behaviour elicits no response/reaction anymore, then they might change for the better or just stop playing altogether.
It's not just me. I've had conversations with others about these guys. Play them and you'll find out. It wasn't my intention to create drama, but a little drama is a great thing for fighting games. I guess you would prefer that the classic mk section remain dormant, other than the occasional pat on the back in the ggs thread.

Edit* What's sad is that these are the only threads that really get responded to. Otherwise, there is no activity. I created a thread once asking a strategic question, and it took forever for someone to respond. Drama is clearly great for the community. I would love to see IGOTBASS around because people might actually get involved again.

It's not just me. I've had conversations with others about these guys. Play them and you'll find out. It wasn't my intention to create drama, but a little drama is a great thing for fighting games. I guess you would prefer that the classic mk section remain dormant, other than the occasional pat on the back in the ggs thread.

Edit* What's sad is that these are the only threads that really get responded to. Otherwise, there is no activity. I created a thread once asking a strategic question, and it took forever for someone to respond. Drama is clearly great for the community. I would love to see IGOTBASS around because people might actually get involved again.

Yep. I wish Shock would play online.
I wish nobility would play on PSN.
I find the IGOTBASS drama hilarious.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I don't have a problem with someone picking H. Smoke everytime as long as I have a character that can compete. However, I don't like it when someone continues to pick H. Smoke when I'm picking low tier the majority of the time. I try to pick a variety of characters to keep it interesting, but someone that only picks H. Smoke forces me to pick Kabal, which I don't like to do very often. The overly defensive nature of that matchup gets redundant quick.

Well your certainly entitled to your opinion but its a scrubby one lol. Rag on ppl all you want for who they pick but at the end of the day if you have to pick kabal to win then so be it if you wanna win. Pick low tiers all day but whining about it isn't gonna help you improve. Play with ppl that just use low tiers if that's how you wanna play or just find a counter pick. Or try an actually decent game like mk9 ;)

Well your certainly entitled to your opinion but its a scrubby one lol. Rag on ppl all you want for who they pick but at the end of the day if you have to pick kabal to win then so be it if you wanna win. Pick low tiers all day but whining about it isn't gonna help you improve. Play with ppl that just use low tiers if that's how you wanna play or just find a counter pick. Or try an actually decent game like mk9 ;)

It's not a scrubby attitude at all to acknowledge that certain characters beat other characters. I never said I whine about it. Do you always put words in other people's mouths? If someone only picks top tier, I'll pick Kabal, probably win, and then leave after a short set. Trust me, if anything they will be ragging on me for picking Kabal even though they picked top tier.

haha..HAHAHA.

If they didn't name that game MK, I'd probably like it a lot more.

I don't like bashing other games, but I couldn't imagine anyone even remembering that game in 10 years. UMK3 is almost 20 years old...

Agreed. There's no way in hell MK9 will last that long. It will probably completely die off when MK10 comes out.

Agreed. There's no way in hell MK9 will last that long. It will probably completely die off when MK10 comes out.
That doesn't have anything to do with the game itself, it is just the nature of genre and medium these days. It will be remembered for reinvigorating the MK community and NRS finally getting back to making quality fighting games rather than just games with fighting in.

Old 2D games age better than old 3D games too.

That doesn't have anything to do with the game itself, it is just the nature of genre and medium these days. It will be remembered for reinvigorating the MK community and NRS finally getting back to making quality fighting games rather than just games with fighting in.

Old 2D games age better than old 3D games too.

I don't know how it's any different. If I was really into MK9, I would continue to play it regardless of a newer release. Maybe you don't like the game as much as you think if you can just drop it that easily. I didn't drop MK2 when UMK3 came out. I played both and still do today.

STB Shujinkydink

It's not a scrubby attitude at all to acknowledge that certain characters beat other characters. I never said I whine about it. Do you always put words in other people's mouths? If someone only picks top tier, I'll pick Kabal, probably win, and then leave after a short set. Trust me, if anything they will be ragging on me for picking Kabal even though they picked top tier.
You make a thread about complainers and then complain about ppl only picking H Smoke. That seemed to be the entire point of your thread. Kinda scrubby yo

STB Shujinkydink

haha..HAHAHA.

If they didn't name that game MK, I'd probably like it a lot more.

I don't like bashing other games, but I couldn't imagine anyone even remembering that game in 10 years. UMK3 is almost 20 years old...

Never said its be remembered. Said it was decent.

You make a thread about complainers and then complain about ppl only picking H Smoke. That seemed to be the entire point of your thread. Kinda scrubby yo

Never complained about people only picking H smoke yo. All I was saying is that I won't play long sets against them because it gets very redundant. You mistake my boredom for having a scrub attitude.

STB Shujinkydink

However, I don't like it when someone continues to pick H. Smoke when I'm picking low tier the majority of the time. I try to pick a variety of characters to keep it interesting, but someone that only picks H. Smoke forces me to pick Kabal, which I don't like to do very often. The overly defensive nature of that matchup gets redundant quick.

I don't send hatemail to people that only pick top tier. I beat them with Kabal and then quit after a short set. You seem to have missed the point of the thread.

STB Shujinkydink

I don't send hatemail to people that only pick top tier. I beat them with Kabal and then quit after a short set. You seem to have missed the point of the thread.
Sorry about that.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with tym sir. I think this thread has shared all the good information it's capable of. A status update or general discussion may be more appropriate to continue the discussion. What do you think MKillBill

I honestly doubt that. Those who loved MK9 will still be playing even after the release of future MK games. It depends however how good the future MK games will be. UMK3 would't have lived that long if the MK games released after it weren't so bad.

On topic: The guys who have the habit complain are simply losers who don't know how to lose. It's so difficult for them to admit to themselves that their opponent is just a better player (or played the round better) and that's the only reason they lost, so they choose to complain and trashtalk. Don't make the mistake I was doing - try to reason them. They don't have the ability to listen to reason. The only way to make these guys happy is to let them win. And try to not feel bad when you receive complaints. They are just losers.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There are some real idiots online... I even got threatened to be "reported" for using Liu Kang's MBK online XD!!! I directed him to UltimateMK.com where there is a plethora of information about the game for him to read up on and that these "glitches" are welcomed by the competitive community.

And for people hating on MIKECALDWELL for making this thread... well, if you don't point out the bad behavior of other people then you entitle them to behave in this way. What's the saying? "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"

STB Shujinkydink

There are some real idiots online... I even got threatened to be "reported" for using Liu Kang's MBK online XD!!! I directed him to UltimateMK.com where there is a plethora of information about the game for him to read up on and that these "glitches" are welcomed by the competitive community.

And for people hating on MIKECALDWELL for making this thread... well, if you don't point out the bad behavior of other people then you entitle them to behave in this way. What's the saying? "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"
I agree :D I just don't think it's a thread worthy topic. General discussion or status update would be better