What's new

Big shout out to the community!!!

Shady

Noob
Hey, I just wanted to kind of get this off my chest. If someone told me before MK dropped that I would be (or at least wish to be) a part of a fighting game community I would laugh. In truth, as much of a fan I was of MK, I was actually thinking I'd play it for a few month and it would end up being traded in. Boy was I wrong.

What I am very impressed with is the community, both known players and just everyone else here on TYM. I mean, we always got each other's back, and from what I've seen everyone is more than willing to help each other out not only with the game, but with splitting for hotel costs and going to tournaments. I feel like this has been one great experience so far, and it only seems to get better and better. As I write this I am also preparing for my first tournament (with at least Chris G and Sabin attending confirmed) and I am more than excited. Every casual experience and everything in between has been a blast and I hope to remain part of the community for a long long time. I also hope I can make it out to more tournaments across the border (yeah, I'm in cold ass Canada) and meet all of the MK players I watch on stream, mostly because all of them seem as just hella chill people to hang around (even you Brady, with all that salt from time to time. trolling foh... trolling yourself... smh ;)).

I guess what I'm saying, is this has been one hell of an experience and everyone I've met on MK has been fucking amazing. I know it's minor, but I've been going through some major shit in my life and just knowing that I can fall back on a group of people that are always welcoming is a big damn things. Thanks for listening folks.... Let's get this shit into next year's Evo for sure.

RamenO

It Stinks!
Man I gotta agree. Not to shit on the SF community, as there are some cool guys there as well, but I feel the MK community is just so much more close knit and welcoming.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm sort of with you. The last thing I expected to happen to me this summer is to become a fighting game tournament player. I've always kinda wanted to be part of a subculture like this, and was never exposed to it because all my friends are either stoners, bros, or non-fg gamers. Fighting games have always been my thing, especially mk, but not like this. I just picked up the game when I got out of school for the summer, beat story mode, and happened upon this site when looking for combos to show off against friends. It's definitely changed my life around a bit putting the amount of time I have into this game, but I see it as a good thing. I've always had temporary obsessions throughout my life. I get really into one thing for a couple weeks and then stop. With mk9 and the fighting game scene overall, my interest hasn't faded in the slightest. It's not just the game, it's the community that makes it all worth it.

Edit: Also, I can't forget Tom Brady when discussing this. More than anyone else, he's the reason I even considered offline play.

leek

Noob
I'm sort of with you. The last thing I expected to happen to me this summer is to become a fighting game tournament player. I've always kinda wanted to be part of a subculture like this, and was never exposed to it because all my friends are either stoners, bros, or non-fg gamers. Fighting games have always been my thing, especially mk, but not like this. I just picked up the game when I got out of school for the summer, beat story mode, and happened upon this site when looking for combos to show off against friends. It's definitely changed my life around a bit putting the amount of time I have into this game, but I see it as a good thing. I've always had temporary obsessions throughout my life. I get really into one thing for a couple weeks and then stop. With mk9 and the fighting game scene overall, my interest hasn't faded in the slightest. It's not just the game, it's the community that makes it all worth it.
this ^^^^

exact same thing.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
man i didnt even know there was a fightin game community before mk ... also lots of people say the online community sucks etc but most of de people on my friends list are from playin mk lots of really cool people ... watchin tourny streams beats de hell outta (insert generic tv programme ).... shout outs to all you guys at tym :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Shady

Noob
I most definitely wish I can make it out to more tourneys. I was supposed to go to Evo and Summer Jam, but certain shit prevented me to, now T12 is going to be my first tourney. I was looking forward to Season's Beating's as well, but it looks like I won't be able to for some reason's I'd rather not discuss, but I might be able to make it out to VSM Thursdays one time in October as I will already be in NY, and definitely plan to attend NEC in Philly. I mean, I've been slacking on tourneys, but sometimes it's just soo distant that it's hard to justify just up and going (especially when you yourself just moved to a new city and are still jobless). Hopefully I can make it out though to as many as possible.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I love this community too. When I first started playing I thought the game would have fully evolved by the first two months or so (it's my first fg), but people keep finding new things for their respective characters and everyday I see the game differently. There is so much to explore and you guys doing just that is what makes me love being a part of TYM and the MK community.

Tim Static

Adminerator
TYM shouts back out to THE PLAYERS....

no players, no community.

no players, no TYM.

no players, MK9 is nothing.

Thank YOU.