What's new

Question Best way to use the ice clone?

boomanem

Noob
i would use ice clone to corner opponents. if they try to jump over it just use 2,2 freeze, <-1,2, 2, 1, 2 slide

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Hi I was wondering how to make the most use of ice clone in term of placement and best time to use if anyone could help me it would be appreciated,, thanks
It will depend on who you playing against, Towel. I mean, there's some matchups that you use little to no clone at all.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I always believe in having an ice clone on the screen at all times. It needs to be there to occupy space as well as help corner your opponent.

The clone locks the opponent in the corner. From there, you have tons of options that open up.

If your opponent is just blocking behind the clone and waiting for it to break.. run up behind your clone and do an icepuddle.

Most people never see the ice-puddle coming because its Subs worst move. However, because they arent used to seeing it.. you can usually hit them with it 90% of the time and then get a free combo.

use it every way that you're allowed to by the game -- use it to keep out characters that have to get in close range to be dangerous, as a counter move against overly aggressive jump ins or dash ins, to stop people from jumping over you or teleporting behind you, use it to trap people in corners, etc.

basically use it to control your matches

The best way to use the ice clones is 1) to create space 2) to create a iceclone trap 3) use for overly aggressive opponents. . . some match ups like noob saibot and others you wont use ice clones that much at all during the fight so you can not be dependent on an ice clone. .

1) you use ice clones to create space. you use so you can determine when you want to get face to face with your opponent not them

2) use the ice clones to make traps . make them jump in the ice clone. make them make a mistake into the ice clone

3) obvoiusly if your opponent is constantly in your face throw it out they will probally walk slap into it

Ice clones for me is not something you just sit behind and throw ice balls.. its used for making space.. i usually throw one out then come out in front of it and get my offense started on my terms . Never do you ever just sit behind throw ice balls . use it smartly. and Learn to fight without the ice clone do NOT be dependent on it b.c. Subzero dont need it to win every match up

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I always believe in having an ice clone on the screen at all times. It needs to be there to occupy space as well as help corner your opponent.

The clone locks the opponent in the corner. From there, you have tons of options that open up.

If your opponent is just blocking behind the clone and waiting for it to break.. run up behind your clone and do an icepuddle.

Most people never see the ice-puddle coming because its Subs worst move. However, because they arent used to seeing it.. you can usually hit them with it 90% of the time and then get a free combo.
Against some zonners it just doesn't work, buddy. I barelly use Ice Clone against a good defensive Kabal, for instance.

Ice Puddle is OK to use (specially EX one) once per year or so. LoL... Like you already stated it's Sub-Zero's worse move, by far. So since we never use it, sometimes when we do the opponent is off guard and isn't expecting it, but even so it's rare. If you're playing against someone equally skilled or better than you I wouldn't advice using it.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
The best way to use the ice clones is 1) to create space 2) to create a iceclone trap 3) use for overly aggressive opponents. . . some match ups like noob saibot and others you wont use ice clones that much at all during the fight so you can not be dependent on an ice clone. .

1) you use ice clones to create space. you use so you can determine when you want to get face to face with your opponent not them

2) use the ice clones to make traps . make them jump in the ice clone. make them make a mistake into the ice clone

3) obvoiusly if your opponent is constantly in your face throw it out they will probally walk slap into it

Ice clones for me is not something you just sit behind and throw ice balls.. its used for making space.. i usually throw one out then come out in front of it and get my offense started on my terms . Never do you ever just sit behind throw ice balls . use it smartly. and Learn to fight without the ice clone do NOT be dependent on it b.c. Subzero dont need it to win every match up

I couldn't agree more with all that was stated by Sc0tt2288. Nice post. Everyone new as Sub-Zero should take note on this (no joke lol).

Ice Clone is also a good tool for bait, you know? Every player has their own originality to create baits, something I like to do is jump forward from some distance and before hitting the ground poping a Ice Clone. Some opponents tend to jump forward believing that they gonna catch me off guard or something and they jump straight to my clone.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Theres a lot of different things you can do with it; fake like youre jumping in but drop a clone in mid air instead, use it as part of your block string, use it after a combo to control space, anti air, cornering. How good you are with Sub Zero all depends on how effectively you use Ice Clone.

I couldn't agree more with all that was stated by Sc0tt2288. Nice post. Everyone new as Sub-Zero should take note on this (no joke lol).

Ice Clone is also a good tool for bait, you know? Every player has their own originality to create baits, something I like to do is jump forward from some distance and before hitting the ground poping a Ice Clone. Some opponents tend to jump forward believing that they gonna catch me off guard or something and they jump straight to my clone.
Thanks man I'm a lil new about posting on here but I've been looking on these Furoms for a while now and im like 700 somethin and 200 somethin wit subzero and kenshi

But most deff great using it for baits/traps . . One of my favorite is get them in the corner jump backwards pop a clone in mid air and they usually always jump into it thinking they can get out of the corner . Classic. But as long as your playing it smart with the clone ur fine just don't pop it out just to hide behind it let there be a reason ur doing it. And learn how to play subzero with out using clones bc it helps a ton when ur clones are not working in the match up