What's new

Best/Most Competitvely Viable "Grappler" in MKX?

Best Grappler?

• Commando Kano

• Wrestler Jax

• Sun god Kotal

• Goro

• Ferra/Torr

• Unstoppable Jason

• Relentless Jason

• Other (name him/her)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
To answer according the list erron mainly because he has ticks that land on hit while other characters have to hope you block the tick setup and you don't jump, and his 21122 string which has like 1000 tick opportunities. He also can just 50/50 you anyway with huge wall carry so he doesn't even really depend on it. Jax is also good but he similar to erron mainly good because of strong pressure. Aside from top 5ers ferra/torr because of strong normals, long range throws and he's got a distance game with boss toss n shit.

Sun God and Commando have to make hard reads for less rewards because they lack the fall back 50/50s with high damage and have limited tick setups that also must be both blocked and not jumped. Or you die. They require stronger fundamental play due to their lack of pressure. Know nothing about Jason. Goro regardless whether or not he's a grappler(if he's not Jax and Erron sure as fuck aren't) lacks the mobility of Erron while essentially having the same goal to corner carry and then rape. High mobility characters reck him and his damage is average despite his speed.

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
I'm actually offended NRS gave a mix-up/rushdown character like Erron Black tick throws and 50/50s (off his best string mind you) out the asshole, meanwhile Commando Kano can only tick off some pokes and a shitty string with no real mix-up potential.

We all want every character to fit neatly into categories but NRS makes it more complicated than that. (Just as long as they don't give a char every tool in the book like MMH please)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Brawler Cassie Cage
I suggest if u want to play characters with command throw, in order to make the DBF input easier, edit your control preset and make L1 button function as down direction (technically swap the down and the L1 button), or any button that u're comfortable with