What's new

Best fatalities so far?

1. Li Mei
  2. Kenshi
  3. Tanya
I don't like at all Kitana's. Looks weird as hell. I hope her second fatality is better (ot not; who cares, I'm a brutality guy)

I like the kameo ones the best. Quick and dirty. Brutalities > fatalities. They need to scale this shit wayyy back. Everyone in the mk universe has the physical consistency of a baked potato. It’s weird to see (poorly written) goodie two shoe characters story wise butcher their opponent. They focus more on spectacle and less on characterization and have been doing it for awhile. You don’t need to rip your opponent in half the long way every time. A fast violent move into a cool ass pose is enough. Style > Violence

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
Li Mei is a clear winner just on idea alone. I liked Kitana's too. However, the general feel i'm sensing is that fatalities in this one are purposely subdued. At first i thought it was because of the art style (the game looks somewhat stylized, despite moc(k)aping everything still), but maybe it's because they want to get on YT's good side ? It's clearly not working, though.
I really don’t like the fatalities in the newer games. Not that they aren’t cool or anything, they just take way too long. And on top of that, you are given way too long to do them.
Didn't you say it yourself (or was it someone else, i forgot) that in the age of online gaming that's exactly the point ? To not only make you salty that you can't immediately jump into another match because your opponent fatalized you, but also to make a statement. A statement that goes "not only i trounced you, i'm going to waste as much of your time as possible, because i'm feeling myself right now". They are perfect in that regard, when you think about it that way.

For me, Tanya's stood out most. A simple decapitation was made that much more brutal with the impalement, head twist and using the extra arms to grab onto the spine. Honorable mention to Liu Kang's on style alone.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Didn't you say it yourself (or was it someone else, i forgot) that in the age of online gaming that's exactly the point ? To not only make you salty that you can't immediately jump into another match because your opponent fatalized you, but also to make a statement. A statement that goes "not only i trounced you, i'm going to waste as much of your time as possible, because i'm feeling myself right now". They are perfect in that regard, when you think about it that way.
That was never the “point” of Fatalities. People definitely do use them to annoy the opponent and waste their time though, especially with modern fatals since you have an hour to do them and then the fatals themselves take forever. But I’m not condemning a player for using them in this way. They’re just playing the game. I just want NRS to give us the option to do shorter fatals, and the best way to do that these days is the MK11 style brutalities imo.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Li Mei's, easily. Not only is the fatality itself great, but the purple fireworks VFX are so damn beautiful. Tanya and Liu Kang's are standouts, too. Kitana's is fine and certainly superior to her MK11 fatalities and 'Dark Fan-Tasy' from MKX, but nothing to write home about. Kitana fatalities have so much potential, but I feel like they miss the mark more often than not and the result is usually underwhelming and uninspired.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
For me, it's JC's face smash. Glad they brought that over from MKX

Brute force and will. Sometimes the beauty is in the simplicity.
Damn I forgot we saw that. Can’t wait to see the whole thing in a few weeks

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.
Li Mei's is definitely my favorite so far. Very fun and the firework effects are sick.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
i wonder if they gonna make Homelander jerk off to literaly "cumshot" ppl or just melt with lasers
omniman has potential to be op as Liu Black Hole (hahaha)

if we get DoomSlayer hope he Nukes the world with the ULTRA BFG while icon of sin is stomping the p2 hahaha

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That motherfuxking Liu Kang Black Hole
Fatality in the Keepers of time trailer Is BEYOND GOATEDView attachment 20165
This. This is #1 as of right now.

Johnny's was terrible. Goofy is one thing, but the physics of it all look as bad as the MKX Jason Fatality where he tears your torso off of your legs with barely any effort at all. The Cassie homage hits, but the visual does not.

Giant Jax, IMO, is hilarious, and will probably go down as an infamous teabag-esque way to finish someone.

My #1 Fatality hope is that Quan Chi comes back with the OG Leg Beating.

Lokheit

Noob
I’m super disappointed with Sub’s. The cameo one is good at least, can’t beat the spine rip. He might have the worse one shown so far.
Yeah I hope the second one is much better. They gave him a Kung Lao/Kenshi/Jade fatality. Over the years I've thought about many better fatalities for him that I could pitch. No way that's the best idea they could think of.