What's new

Ben Affleck cast as the new Batman in Man of Steel 2

webreg

Noob
Well, people complained about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and we all remember how that turned out in the end?
Yes, they were all right and it was absolutely terrible. But the whole movie was bad so nobody really cared.

Nolan and Snyder have to see something special in him if they chose him to play Batman. Watch this be Heath Ledger's situation all over again.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I'm salty Batman is in the Man of Steel sequel to begin with, but this news is just hilarious.. icing on the cake.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I wonder how much Kevin Smith had a hand in this......

Just thinking out loud. MMMAAAAATTTTTT DDDAAAAAAAMMMMMOOON.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I don't mind Benifer Affleck as an actor... but BATMAN?

He's a better writer/director than actor but that doesn't take away from his ability to give a solid performance on screen.
The best Batman hands down is Michael Keaton; not because of his movies but because they played BATMAN! He didn't let the role play him... You have to be able to express anguish as Batman. He is a grieving character. If you cannot emote well or if you are a one trick pony (George Clooney) you cannot play Batman. Affleck is a strong actor but he cannot carry the screen. He is out acted in EVERY movie. They should have considered Ethan Hawke, Matt Damon, Channing Tatum*, James FRANCO*, or Bradley Cooper. WHY?! Because they are funny and can play a comedic role. What does that have to do with Batman? Actors with a good comedy background (typically) have better timing and are able to express emotions better because TRAGEDY is rooted in COMEDY! Batman's tone and story are tragic. So if you want a good Batman, find someone funny... I'm skeptical but I'm giving Affleck the benefit of the doubt. I heard mixed reviews about Man of Steel. I'm a huge Batman fan and have been for a VERY LONG time. Affleck best not fudge this up.
Ethan Hawke would be an interesting choice.

I'm not sure that Christopher Nolan is playing as big of a part as he did in the sequel, if so I would expect a bonehead move like this

Also, everyone comparing this to the Heath ledger reaction, Heath ledger had a notable acting career, many awards, great films,a good actor

Name one notable movie by Ben Affleck

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Ben Affleck is a solid actor and has gotten much better since he's gotten older. I think he will be better then Bale. Personally I would've liked to see Bradley Cooper get the role but Ben Affleck will do just fine.

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
I'm not sure that Christopher Nolan is playing as big of a part as he did in the sequel, if so I would expect a bonehead move like this

Also, everyone comparing this to the Heath ledger reaction, Heath ledger had a notable acting career, many awards, great films, just a good actor

Name one notable movie by Ben Affleck
Argo (won an Oscar...)
The Town
just to name a couple :D
I think too many people are looking at Daredevil and saying: "Ohmigod! Not the Daredevil guy!" But in all honesty, he didn't do bad in that film, it was just poorly written and directed...also, I think he's matured in his acting and understanding of the film industry as time has gone along.

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
Not only is he cast as Batman but may even direct future Batman movies! He's definitely proven himself for that with great movies like Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo! Love this news...way better than the Orlando Bloom rumor.

Argo (won an Oscar...)
The Town
just to name a couple :D
I think too many people are looking at Daredevil and saying: "Ohmigod! Not the Daredevil guy!" But in all honesty, he didn't do bad in that film, it was just poorly written and directed...also, I think he's matured in his acting and understanding of the film industry as time has gone along.
Yeah, he directed both of those, but his acting is debatable for a lot of people, just not sold on the guy by anything

Daredevil aside lol

KCJ506

Noob
People keep bringing up Daredevil, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor. How long ago were those movies? If people have seen The Town, Argo, and Hollywoodland(strangly enough) they would see that Affleck has really changed himself as an actor.

I didn't even think Daredevil was a bad film and thought Affleck was alright in that. The movie just suffered from a so-so script and mediocre theatrical release(the director's cut is how it should have been released to begin with).