What's new

Video/Tutorial Beating Bane's Wake Ups

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
What about delayed WU?
I'm pretty sure it works the same because Flash is able to ignore the WU double punch and command grab while he is in the RMS ~ Forward initial state which lasts for a considerable amount of frames i.e, it's not frame specific. I was playing Bio yesterday and testing this out and it worked in game.

@Billy Dha Kid

You must really like my tech @HoneyBee since you tried it like four times :DOGE Jk, nice stuff! Literally.
lol yeah the RMS ~ 2 comes out if I have the timing wrong because I'm trying to do his RMS forward into the 112 string so if I get the timing wrong only the 2 portion of the string comes out and causes the RMS ~ 2 move to happen.

On a side note, I was playing around with what you were saying as well and either I was doing it wrong or it's really difficult to do so unless you make a video about it, I'm gonna put that tech on the back burner.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Yoooo did @HoneyBee just tag me as one of the Banes? I'm sorry, I'm just so Hollywood right now I wouldn't even care if y'all just made the matchup 10-0 Flash. :cool:

PS lolol "Zatanna's his only shit matchup." :DOGE

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
So you found a solution for every wake up option except his most used one.

Anyways cool stuff, love seeing new tech come out, especially against Bane

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm pretty sure it works the same because Flash is able to ignore the WU double punch and command grab while he is in the RMS ~ Forward initial state which lasts for a considerable amount of frames i.e, it's not frame specific. I was playing Bio yesterday and testing this out and it worked in game.

lol yeah the RMS ~ 2 comes out if I have the timing wrong because I'm trying to do his RMS forward into the 112 string so if I get the timing wrong only the 2 portion of the string comes out and causes the RMS ~ 2 move to happen.

On a side note, I was playing around with what you were saying as well and either I was doing it wrong or it's really difficult to do so unless you make a video about it, I'm gonna put that tech on the back burner.
Gotta be sure, because honestly the difference in framing is pretty large. I don't think 21 will last that long and still be able to stuff out the wu.

Needs more in-match testting

can u link it please on YouTube?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
So you found a solution for every wake up option except his most used one.

Anyways cool stuff, love seeing new tech come out, especially against Bane
Emphasis on this.

No competent Bane player is going to use half assed wakeups with partial invincibility.
So flash still has to guess when he knocks down bane & risks between put into a vortex?
Lol if the Bane player continuously uses Venom Uppercut to WU then any character can punish that if you forward dash before he MBs it. The main reason it's not easy to do that is because you're usually too scared about what he's going to do that if you do block the venom uppercut, you just stay blocking. Doing this causes him to have a higher chance of using venom uppercut if he knows that his double punch and command grab are gonna whiff. Then I can just cancel the RMS, block, dash forward and punish. Even if you do go for this set up and Bane uses venom uppercut, he will MB it almost every time sending you fullscreen and no longer in the "vortex" situation.

Another thing I want to be clear is that this is just another option Flash has. I'm not going to use this set up every time lol. In the Flash vs Bane MU, I'm perfectly happy being in the mid screen neutral game most of the time so if I want to end the combo with a LC and stay out of his WU range, I can do that too. Bane up players keep up playing.

can u link it please on YouTube?
Link what? :/

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol if the Bane player continuously uses Venom Uppercut to WU then any character can punish that if you forward dash before he MBs it. The main reason it's not easy to do that is because you're usually too scared about what he's going to do that if you do block the venom uppercut, you just stay blocking. Doing this causes him to have a higher chance of using venom uppercut if he knows that his double punch and command grab are gonna whiff. Then I can just cancel the RMS, block, dash forward and punish. Even if you do go for this set up and Bane uses venom uppercut, he will MB it almost every time sending you fullscreen and no longer in the "vortex" situation.

Another thing I want to be clear is that this is just another option Flash has. I'm not going to use this set up every time lol. In the Flash vs Bane MU, I'm perfectly happy being in the mid screen neutral game most of the time so if I want to end the combo with a LC and stay out of his WU range, I can do that too. Bane up players keep up playing.

Wait up playing how? I just asked if it covers the delay wu option because the timing looks pretty strict.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

You realize this guess goes both ways right? I've noticed a huge issue with the way people explain mix ups. They act like their character guesses right everytime. Now I may be incorrect about this, but wouldn't trying to dash the mb uppercut hit you if he mb'd it instantly? @Doombawkz ?Being midscreen against bane isn't that great either, well depending on the life bar situation. The character with the life defecit must approach the other character. If bane has the life lead then there's a problem for flash getting through his normals/specials and the same is true in reverse.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Uh... Only in the corner if he is having his WU reversed. Otherwise dashing under is a solid option, but if you dash expecting the MB it's much harder to punish Bane effectively.

That being said, if you block then you aren't stuffing anything. If you try to stuff, there's the risk of delay WU, or the Bane just blocking since it's -5 anyeays.

So I dunno; there's a lot to look into, hence why I say it probably needs in-game testing