What's new

Battle Arena Week 3 Winners Announced -- Gameplay footage is LIVE!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Disappointed with the footages of Aquaman, simply showed nothing of what the character is capable of. The trailer was presented far more things than repeated string with the harpoon ...

They could show more of the characters well, 3 minute video is enough to show most normal and special moves so we can have a basic idea of what the character is capable of. NRS could show more in these videos.

Gonna him in the main matter what, the badass king belongs to me.

They can't, otherwise why watch any of the second round and onwards?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
My two potential mains (Cyborg and Aquaman) duking it out.

Aquaman has ground spikes AND projectile invulnerable. And Cyborg is just a fucking beast. <3

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
Grundy looks so fuckin boss! Glad to see that it looks like he won't get raped by zoners as bad as some people were speculating early on.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
Cyborg vs Aquaman= Pretty impressed with both fighters. Cyborg seems like he is good in just about any situation. And Aquaman seems to have some nice options to compliment his trident combo style.

Grundy vs GL= Grundy looks like the ultimate grappler so far, and it appears NRS learned there lesson with big slow characters by giving him gallons and gallons of armor. GL was kind of a dissapointment. He doesn't appear to excel in anything. He's got some zoning skills, some rush down skills, and some air options. But nothing crazy useful compared to other characters. Also the characters in his outro look like paper cut outs except for Kilowog.

I know about animals...I know about sharks...I even know about Great Whites.
1. Those teeth look like they enlarged Baraka's teeth.
2. They don't swim around as if "biting" something at all times
3. They are blind when biting
4. SHARKS DON'T SMILE, this isn't Finding Nemo!
5. Does THIS look ANYTHING LIKE the shark in the game?! HELL NO.

If your complaint is that the game isn't realistic you're probably playing the wrong game.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
thats a good way to look at it... Guaranteed more gameplay video of Aquaman next round vs Green Lantern.. more GL too
The loser always gets more gameplay shown. They hold back on the winners so they don't give away everything all in the first fight. So either way, it works itself out.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
They really didn't do a good job showcasing anything cool about GL other than his super. He has typical projectiles and a moderately cool but basic air grab. We see him charge up his ring and glow green which might lead to some more interesting mechanics but I was hoping for some unique normals, pokes, zoning with his ring power. Instead we just got him using environment moves and dashing forward with what looks to be a jet turbine.

I like how people are assuming that this is a great white shark..Maaaaaan this is the DC Universe bro.. Theres no telling whats in that water..sheesh
It could be a Megalodon for all we know. Even in our non-superhero universe, we don't know everything down there.

Highlights for me: Cyborg's "Boo-yah!" I'm so glad that made it in. What I'm assuming is Wayne Manor looked great. Aquaman looks fun. Grundy's super, good lord. I could almost hear GL screaming "GOD HE WON'T STOP!" while shooting that mini-gun. Also, I love the poem, and Hal interrupting him. Fun stuff!

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Maybe as we get further into the arena, the fights will become more like actual fights rather than combo showcases since we've already seen what most of the characters can do.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Never really noticed it before, but jump in attacks have a small amount of impact freeze, that is weird for a NRS game.

Not gonna complain though.