What's new

Battle Arena Week 1 Winners announced, Gameplay Footage Released!

Fangoria19

Groovy
No it's based of Votes, so it's important to VOTE!
Even if its between a giant douche and a turd sandwich? lol jk In all honesty, this is an aweome concept and I hope they carry this over for mk10 even tho it wont have the flashiness and stage transitions, its an awesome way to reveal gameplay, maps, and technical stuff, hope this becomes a tradition.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You know, fuck the second part of the watchtower stage, that weird mini sun is really annoying.
Never want to play on that stage.

Dont get me wrong bane is cool and all but he could be better, i just dont see him bringing that pain like my boy grundy, grundy feels like he has more weight and power in his moves with all the slams and what not, grundy should be the base following example of how the big man should be in this game, with tweaks here and there to make sure they styles are different, i just dont see that in his moves, the bane truck move animation could be better, his movement could use more weight to it, his jumps need to be tones down a tad, and i would like to see more grappling with this character, i notice he has AA grabs which is nice tho.

Does anyone else notice that Bane has moves that are almost identical to Kintaro/Goro in MK9?
Well dear Juggs, correct me if I'm wrong, but ...

... aren't Kens, Sakuras and Akumas moves not nearly identical to Ryu?
... doesn't Ryu have the exact same moves in basically every single Capcom game?
... doesn't that apply for basically all the Street Fighter characters overall?

Injustice is a fighting game and so was MK9. Injustice features humanoid characters and so did MK9. There is only so much the human body can do, when it comes to kickin' and spittin'.

This now doesn't apply to you, but I'm sick of people who try to down-talk NRS for "recycling" moves frmo MK9, which is pathetic, since all of them are either martial artists or brawlers and if I'm a martial artist, I'll do a backflip followed by a highlight reel worthy kick and if I'm a brawler I'll run in and start throwing fists and hope for the best.

It would be ridiculous to even THINK that anyone could come up with a completely unique new fighting style for every character in every new fighting game.

I for one am grateful for the Injustice characters. I see how they differ from the entire MK9 game and how much NRS improved when it comes to uniqueness of each character. I don't recall seeing someone like Harley Quinn, or Solomon Grundy in MK9 and I also don't expect to see Harley Quinn 2 and Solomon Grundy 2 in Injustice, while you can't say the same for other developers with their copy and paste like all the Shotos in the SF games - and their neverchanging (yeah, yeah iconic) style in every SF game - or the beautiful Soul Calibur 5, which basically has 3 or maybe even 4 mimic characters and then also a bunch of characters who look and play all exactly the same.

GO GO, NRS!

GGA Max

Dont get me wrong bane is cool and all but he could be better, i just dont see him bringing that pain like my boy grundy, grundy feels like he has more weight and power in his moves with all the slams and what not, grundy should be the base following example of how the big man should be in this game, with tweaks here and there to make sure they styles are different, i just dont see that in his moves, the bane truck move animation could be better, his movement could use more weight to it, his jumps need to be tones down a tad, and i would like to see more grappling with this character, i notice he has AA grabs which is nice tho.
I like him because hes like jax... big and powerful, grappling/throwing a bit plus some melee... when I want a pure grappler, I'll surely pick Grundy.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

... doesn't Ryu have the exact same moves in basically every single Capcom game?

Injustice is a fighting game and so was MK9. Injustice features humanoid characters and so did MK9. There is only so much the human body can do, when it comes to kickin' and spittin'.

This now doesn't apply to you, but I'm sick of people who try to down-talk NRS for "recycling" moves frmo MK9, which is pathetic, since all of them are either martial artists or brawlers and if I'm a martial artist, I'll do a backflip followed by a highlight reel worthy kick and if I'm a brawler I'll run in and start throwing fists and hope for the best.

It would be ridiculous to even THINK that anyone could come up with a completely unique new fighting style for every character in every new fighting game.

I for one am grateful for the Injustice characters. I see how they differ from the entire MK9 game and how much NRS improved when it comes to uniqueness of each character. I don't recall seeing someone like Harley Quinn, or Solomon Grundy in MK9 and I also don't expect to see Harley Quinn 2 and Solomon Grundy 2 in Injustice, while you can't say the same for other developers with their copy and paste like all the Shotos in the SF games - and their neverchanging (yeah, yeah iconic) style in every SF game - or the beautiful Soul Calibur 5, which basically has 3 or maybe even 4 mimic characters and then also a bunch of characters who look and play all exactly the same.

GO GO, NRS!
Most defensive post ever. You can justify it any way you want, I don't really care as it's not a big deal to me. Was just pointing out that the moves are exactly the same. You're the one who took that as a negative, when it was never implied or even hinted at. Instead of spouting off some kind of die hard fanboy rant, maybe you should focus that energy on trying to control yourself and not create arguments to argue with yourself about because you have nothing better to do.

Most defensive post ever. You can justify it any way you want, I don't really care as it's not a big deal to me. Was just pointing out that the moves are exactly the same. You're the one who took that as a negative, when it was never implied or even hinted at. Instead of spouting off some kind of die hard fanboy rant, maybe you should focus that energy on trying to control yourself and not create arguments to argue with yourself about because you have nothing better to do.
?_____?

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?

GO GO, NRS!
Wait. Ken, Sakura and Akuma may be identical to Ryu in some way... BUT ! They are from the SAME series which is called Street Fighter ! Same universe ! Your point is moot. MK and DC are different universes, different series. So that's not an excuse.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Wait. Ken, Sakura and Akuma may be identical to Ryu in some way... BUT ! They are from the SAME series which is called Street Fighter ! Same universe ! Your point is moot. MK and DC are different universes, different series. So that's not an excuse.
I facepalm'd.

Bitch pls.

NRS did not come up for the very first time with the most basic moves MK9 has to offer. People in real life are able to punch and kick like the characters from MK9 too. People in real life are able to punch and kick like the characters from Street Fighter too.

What do you personally expect NRS to do?
To offer you for every single character they ever come up with totally new normals, just to step away from the moves they used in the past?
Or do you expect them to become Batmen and study 127 martial arts style, so that they could kinda come up with these new moves? Even if they would dedicate 20 years of their life to study martial arts just so that Juggs and you would be happy about the game, they would still fail to provide you differently looking normals, since the human body isn't capable of doing much more than they already did.
They follow the rules of anamoty, while you can't say the same for many other fighters.

And my point was valid, since they actually came up with 32 characters in MK9, where you could say that everyone has different moves than the other fighters, while SF, Tekken and other FG franchises mostly concentrate on the same, basic stuff.
NRS fucking rocks and that's not me being defensive right now and trying to protect their honor.
It's just me stating the obvious.

Art Killer B

[Mid-tier Humble-man]
And my point was valid, since they actually came up with 32 characters in MK9, where you could say that everyone has different moves than the other fighters, while SF, Tekken and other FG franchises mostly concentrate on the same, basic stuff.
NRS fucking rocks and that's not me being defensive right now and trying to protect their honor.
Don't the MK characters have the same jumping animations, jump punches, jump kicks, specials and uppercuts since MK1? –hopefully you can justify that with “we all humans move the same”-
Aren't the first five MK entries (MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, MKT) the epitome of rehash moves in the whole FG history?
Aside from the specials, how many different moves do the characters have in the first two MKs?
What can you tell me about palette swaps?

Do the other companies only have to concentrate in the same fighters?
How many different fighter series have NRS made in his whole developing history? Two?
How many Capcom, SNK and Namco have made? Do all the different characters from the vs. series share the same moves?
(From X-men: Children of the Atom to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3)
Do SF characters share the same moves with the Darkstalkers, Red Earth or Power Stone ones?

NRS is supposed to make a DIFFERENT game, of a DIFFERENT series, that they proudly claim to be DIFFERENT from MK. And yet they have to recycle stances and moves from MK9?!
Yeah, they made 32 characters with completely different moves from each other... oh, wait...except for jumps, NJPs, NPKs, JIPs, JIKs, uppercuts, blocks and the majority of B4s.

The number of characters, specials and move lists that Capcom, Namco and SNK individually have created exceeds, by far, what NRS (Midway) have made in their entire 20 years. And considering they had 60+ characters in Armageddon and TWO fighting styles in MKDA and MKD (!), there's no excuse or argument to justify the use of MK moves in Injustice.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd like to hear how easy it is to come up with something completely original and relevant to the game like stances y'know.

Aside from that, stop bitching. NRS uses mocap if I remember right, so the argument that there's LIMITS is entirely valid. MkA used different martial arts for each character, all mocapped as well. I'm sure it matters that NRS doesn't know every possible form of MA and their bodies are limited as any human's because it's not like they try to make new and interesting things per game rather than just reusing the same characters and movelists every time.

This community can't be pleased.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Bitch pls.

NRS did not come up for the very first time with the most basic moves MK9 has to offer. People in real life are able to punch and kick like the characters from MK9 too. People in real life are able to punch and kick like the characters from Street Fighter too.

What do you personally expect NRS to do?
To offer you for every single character they ever come up with totally new normals, just to step away from the moves they used in the past?
Or do you expect them to become Batmen and study 127 martial arts style, so that they could kinda come up with these new moves? Even if they would dedicate 20 years of their life to study martial arts just so that Juggs and you would be happy about the game, they would still fail to provide you differently looking normals, since the human body isn't capable of doing much more than they already did.
They follow the rules of anamoty, while you can't say the same for many other fighters.

Do you actually read what people write or you turn auto-pilot crazy fanboy mode ? I wasn't talking about MK9 characters having different moves. You gave an example of Ken, Akuma and Ryu not being very different from each other as an excuse for Injustice characters having similar moves from MK9 characters. The point is, Injustice and Mortal Kombat are 2 different games. IIRC, NRS said they were trying to make Injustice look completely different than MK9. Which is logical, since those are different series, different universes, different games. Now how exactly they are different if :
1) I hear the sounds of Kabal's hookswords from Green Arrow.
2) Bane has moves resembling Goro and Kintaro.
3) Harley Quinn having Sonya Blade's cartwheel, and so on and so on...
Now Ryu, Ken, Akuma maybe somewhat similar in moves (even though their moves don't look exactly the same, like flame effects on Ken's shoryu or violet effects of Akuma's shoryu and the way the actually perform it) but they're from the same series. Ryu and Ken were trained by Gouken, Akuma is Gouken's brother and they were both trained by Goutetsu of both martial styles and Satsui no Hadou. So it is logical they all fight somewhat similar, even though there are differences. Now please tell me, did Bane open an extra-dimension portal to Goro's and Kintaro's lair and said " Hey guys, teach me some moves, yo" ? IGAU looks fine, but lots of people are under impression this is MK9 re-skin with DC characters. Believe me, with enough imagination every move can be made unique with either different angle, movement, gravity values, number of hits, areas where it hits, distance, or simple adding special effects to it. I see no problems doing that in IGAU since Injustice is about super-heroes with super powers, so logic and laws don't really apply to them.
As for the rules of anatomy, how exactly is anatomical to f*cking spin one of your leg and hit opponent with it so he flies behind you like Cyrax does ?

I don't think Kintaro's move reflect Bane's move set at all, it might slightly hint at it, but I rewatched the Video twice, and the spinning punch move Kintaro does is different from Bane, I think they are pretty different, only thing they recycled is the Super.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i like how because a few moves are shown that vaguely resemble other moves from a game made by the same company, all done because of motion capture which limits them to what the person doing the mocap can do, automatically makes a game a re-skinned version of MK9. (also, i'd like to point out all the "clones" are all human, so it's not like they can pull super-original new martial arts or fighting styles out of their ass.)

pls shut up. why am i even bothering