What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Teaser Trailer is Out From SDCC2014

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah that sounds more like a personal problem bro lol. Sorry to hear. Theres nothing anyone can say that would change your mind. I hope when it comes out you enjoy it. That's all I can really say.

No, no one can change my mind about MoS just like I can't change the minds of people that like it. I'm just saying that I, personally, had BIG problems with how Superman, Lois and Pa Kent were portrayed. And Zod to a lesser extent.

This movie has done nothing to suck me back in, every image has people looking morose and/or sad and/or washed out. Everything about it right now feels bleak and joyless, which is the same thing with Man of Steel. That works for Batman but not for Superman and now it just looks like more of the same but with Wonder Woman thrown in.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Dude, I can't stand Man of Steel. It's absolutely terrible at times as a Superman fan. And I mean TERRIBLE. The Pa Kent stuff STILL makes me cringe.
Im with you a bit, but even more so with Nolans DKnight Trilogy.

His Batman was terrible. "Am I supposed to understand any of this?" Batman says to Morgan Freeman.

YES, YES YOU FUCKING ARE BECAUSE YOURE THE FUCKING BATMAN ONE OF THE SMARTEST FUCKING PEOPLE ALIVE AND A MASTER OF ALL THINGS, INCLUDING CHEMISTRY YOU FUCKTARD.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Im with you a bit, but even more so with Nolans DKnight Trilogy.

His Batman was terrible. "Am I supposed to understand any of this?" Batman says to Morgan Freeman.

YES, YES YOU FUCKING ARE BECAUSE YOURE THE FUCKING BATMAN ONE OF THE SMARTEST FUCKING PEOPLE ALIVE AND A MASTER OF ALL THINGS, INCLUDING CHEMISTRY YOU FUCKTARD.

I didn't enjoy the Nolan movies either, MoS just cut deeper because of my Superman fandom. But man I probably have 2+ hours on a podcast of why I didn't like Nolan's movies, especially Rises.

JLG

Noob
Superman has always been DC's beacon of hope not only for the citizens of Metropolis but also for the rest of Earth and other super heroes. When things look really bleak, they look to him for guidance and strength because he is the best of them. In some ways, his godlike powers are just the superficial reason for why he is revered. His real "power" is that he will always seek to protect people, even though he could easily rule over them. He will do the right thing or die trying.

It's true that some writers have written stories where Superman lost his way and became jaded or dangerous, but he's always returned to being the "boy scout" and fought for truth and justice in the end. I suspect that whenever his character was altered to be less honorable, it was just an attempt to boost comic or movie sales by adding more drama and making him easier to relate to for readers.

TLDR: Superman is the ray of light during the darkest of storms. He is not supposed to be the storm. That is Batman's job.