What's new

General/Other Batman Nerf?

If they buff anti-airs some characters are just gonna dominate everyone else lbsh. Like if you give Black Adam a good/reliable anti-air he will be OP for sure.

People just need to learn how to whiff punish jump ins. They have vulnerable landing frames like in SF. Plus MB b3/f3 is kind of a universal AA.

Truth

Noob
As a Batman main, this nerf would be disastrous because as everyone should know by now, one of Batman's weaknesses is that he lacks range on his normals. This nerf would also hurt his pressure game because he literally needs bats to cover holes in strings like: 11{Gap}3, 2{Gap when crouched}23, and all standing 1 strings are beat by crouching normals.

Essentially, Batman is left with B1 (a good normal, but all follow up options leave you at negative), and B23. Either way, I agree with Tom Brady that we should wait for the patch before jumping to conclusions.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
GEEZ... can we all please just move off of the nerf concerns train and wait until we get some FACTS and actually see it for ourselves?
Agreed, we don't know anything about a nerf to Batman just yet. I'm sure most of you only think he is getting a nerf because REO made his Batman retirement thread. Even if this nerf was true, it wouldn't make a huge difference. It would suck but we'll survive.

Agreed, we don't know anything about a nerf to Batman just yet. I'm sure most of you only think he is getting a nerf because REO made his Batman retirement thread. Even if this nerf was true, it wouldn't make a huge difference. It would suck but we'll survive.
If he is only getting the nerf and no buff, it would make a huge difference

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
This would ruin the character completely. Not only does it extend his reach since his normals suck but it's his only way in. If he has to have only three bats then his zoning becomes terrible, he will be destroyed by rush down since he already has no wake ups and he will not be able to counter zone either.

If he only has three bats they better not disappear when he gets hit. Hoping this isn't true.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This would ruin the character completely. Not only does it extend his reach since his normals suck but it's his only way in. If he has to have only three bats then his zoning becomes terrible, he will be destroyed by rush down since he already has no wake ups and he will not be able to counter zone either.

If he only has three bats they better not disappear when he gets hit. Hoping this isn't true.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I'm disconnecting my PS3 from the internet, my network and my router completely and even deleting my saved network password. He will be forever the same! No nerf will ever touch him!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
There are answers to his bats... He sort of needs the bats to combat solid zoning. If you're worried about him getting additional pressure because bats are activated, push block his strings to get rid of them. Nothing wrong with him being able to send bats to get in.

Those bastard douchebags at Netherrealm Studios can't even wait till the gaming community has had a real chance explore the game for at least 6 months before thinking about nerfing any characters. Bruce Wayne here says, Fuck You NRS!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Those bastard douchebags at Netherrealm Studios can't even wait till the gaming community has had a real chance explore the game for at least 6 months before thinking about nerfing any characters. Bruce Wayne here says, Fuck You NRS!
...the nerf isnt even confirmed -.-

@Tom Brady's thread

no, but the rumor was started by a tester with sources. so it should be taken into consideration that it really could be for real.
This is just like another MK9 Sub-Zero and Scorpion issue in how the ended up getting so nerfed and became bottom tier characters after the community learned how to play other characters 6 months later and realized how weak they really are with slow normals and poor mixup pressure options.

The iconic characters are usually newb friendly and easiest to learn and use strategically well right away so naturally everyone else who uses other characters that are a bit harder to learn as quickly lose matches and right away they think its because the iconic characters like Batman and Deathstroke are OP and need nerfing ASAP. The truth is why isn't anyone talking about nerfing the real borderline OP characters Wonder Woman, Superman, Doomsday, Raven, Flash and yes Catwoman? Because those are the characters most people are not playing to high hell as all the time so little is known about their brokenness and their OP frames and hit boxes. Watch, were going to see all the characters who do not need nerfing get nerfed just because the game is young and ALL the characters have not been fully explored by the community yet while all the OP characters who need nerfing will end up becoming the regulars in later tournaments.

Ask yourselves this question: When did ANY Scorpion or Sub-Zero win a tournament after MK9 being out for 1 year?

Skitzo

Noob
Holy shit, I was thinking about the part of the bat swarm & then I get on & see this thread.

I wouldn't mind like 2-3 extra seconds for a bat to recharge or something but this is what gives him his ooomf

This is bullshit. Everytime NRS now comes out with a fighting game I turn on my PS3 and find out my character can't do the same shit he did yesterday. So I retrain. Then the following weak I turn on my PS3 and now my character's move is slower! So again, I retrain. Fourth weak I turn on my PS3 and now my character's combo has been reduced by 7%! FUCK YOU NRS!!!!!!!

REO

Undead
I dropped Batman because I got tired of people telling me how he is the Kabal of the game and number one. Some players were going as far as saying he doesn't have any bad match-ups and has an answer for everything. Well then by all means, have fun enjoying playing your "Kabal" of the game. Batman is really scrub friendly and easy to be effective with - sure. But once you run into players who know the deal, he has problems of his own. He's overly ridiculous online as well.

Sent from my mobile

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Well, his bats pretty much shut down everything when you see him with 3 of them from full screen. You can't do much.

I wouldn't think they would nerf them so that he can only summon 3 though, that's way too much of a nerf. I'd be fine with making them have less hitstun or have a slightly higher cooldown between bat.

I dropped Batman because I got tired of people telling me how he is the Kabal of the game and number one. Some players were going as far as saying he doesn't have any bad match-ups and has an answer for everything. Well then by all means, have fun enjoying playing your "Kabal" of the game. Batman is really scrub friendly and easy to be effective with - sure. But once you run into players who know the deal, he has problems of his own. He's overly ridiculous online as well.

Sent from my mobile
The game hasn't even been out for a month yet and claims are being made as to how nearly invincible he is. Who's picked up Wonder Woman, Superman, Catwoman, Killer Frost and spent as much time on them and has learned them as well as you have with Batman? Those characters are real "Kabals" of the game.