What's new

Batman Matchup Chart Discussion 2014

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I will always insist to my grave that Superman slightly beats Batman 5.5-4.5 or something if he adheres to the rules of fuzzy-guarding Batman's mixups and pushblocking at appropriate times. He outdamages Batman in just about every aspect of the match and can harass Batman on wakeup just fine. His D2 is decent to use against Batman's J2 even if its no Aquaman D2 and he can bait Batman into teching all kinds of throws with the use of MB3s.

I view it this way. When Aquaman has a life disadvantage on Batman, he cannot resort to spamfucking with FTDs anymore since the chip damage and trade game will be in Batman's favor. Superman, for the most part, can always resort to the laser game to chip Batman down or keep him out no matter how bad his life defecit is (assuming Superman isn't in True Master territory). Does Batman wants to Bat Grapple in between laser loops? Fine, try Bat Grappling between ground lasers on block hoping that I don't meterburn them. Want to jump my lasers on reaction? Fine, give me all that meter to push block you and hope you don't get spanked with a 12-15% straight laser or 17-19% heat vision if I make a read on your jump arcs.

There's more that I can't really think of since I haven't played the matchup in a while. I always felt when I lose to Batman players, I got badly outplayed. However, that number is extremely controversial to some so you don't have to put it if you don't want to. I'm fine with 5-5 I guess.
I've heard Batman wins 7-3, Batman wins 6-4, Superman wins 7-3, and Superman wins 6-4. This is a super controversial matchup I guess. I honestly think it is 5-5. Thanks for your input tho. You should get on XBL so we can play lol

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I've heard Batman wins 7-3, Batman wins 6-4, Superman wins 7-3, and Superman wins 6-4. This is a super controversial matchup I guess. I honestly think it is 5-5. Thanks for your input tho. You should get on XBL so we can play lol
I mean, my argument isn't very valid since the only Batman I've beaten in tournament using only Superman is REO. Nubcakes agrees that Superman wins it and he's my training partner in the matchup. Besides that, every top Superman player has a negative record against Batman in tournament for the most part so my points hold little weight.

But please empathize with me that I scream on the inside every time a Superman player tries to get in ON Batman in that matchup, especially when said Supermen have a life lead and piss it all away due to running into J2s or B23s or whatever. I feel that Superman players aren't fighting that matchup correctly (including myself).

I'll get an Xbox soon, I swear.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I will always insist to my grave that Superman slightly beats Batman 5.5-4.5 or something if he adheres to the rules of fuzzy-guarding Batman's mixups and pushblocking at appropriate times. He outdamages Batman in just about every aspect of the match and can harass Batman on wakeup just fine. His D2 is decent to use against Batman's J2 even if its no Aquaman D2 and he can bait Batman into teching all kinds of throws with the use of MB3s.

I view it this way. When Aquaman has a life disadvantage on Batman, he cannot resort to spamfucking with FTDs anymore since the chip damage and trade game will be in Batman's favor. Superman, for the most part, can always resort to the laser game to chip Batman down or keep him out no matter how bad his life defecit is (assuming Superman isn't in True Master territory). Does Batman wants to Bat Grapple in between laser loops? Fine, try Bat Grappling between ground lasers on block hoping that I don't meterburn them. Want to jump my lasers on reaction? Fine, give me all that meter to push block you and hope you don't get spanked with a 12-15% straight laser or 17-19% heat vision if I make a read on your jump arcs.

There's more that I can't really think of since I haven't played the matchup in a while. I always felt when I lose to Batman players, I got badly outplayed. However, that number is extremely controversial to some so you don't have to put it if you don't want to. I'm fine with 5-5 I guess.
As much as I want to say Batman vs. Superman is 5-5, I'm beginning to lean towards it being a 6-4 advantage for Superman, for the reasons you outlined in your post.

Then again, I'm far from a solid Batman.

As much as I want to say Batman vs. Superman is 5-5, I'm beginning to lean towards it being a 6-4 advantage for Superman, for the reasons you outlined in your post.

Then again, I'm far from a solid Batman.
Batman for sure loses 6-4 despite me beating every superman player ive played in tournament with him lol

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
FOREVER KING i agree that its a 5 - 5 MU but flash has to work his ass off in this MU. batman out rushes and zones the flash the best imo, you gain massive amounts of meter zoning me and have better footsies than flash does. not only can you make me block for 30 seconds because of my ass backdash but when thats all done then its back to more zoning and repeat until i can get a solid hit on you. if the flash's jump arc was a little higher or father i would be able to dash jump in anticipation to batarangs but for some reason the vetical hitbox on batarangs doesn't allow me to do that. the only thing that saves flash is the fact that you have the worst wake up game in IGAU against the flash, i can completely disrespect you on wake up with a new set up i found that forces you to block and gives me free pressure on wake up, assuming when i do get a HK its up to the flash player to control the game from that moment, once i do land a hit it could be over unless you push block me everytime and spend you meter (which isn't hard since you gain so much meter zoning me). flash has to phase batarangs thrown without bats behind them everytime, which leaves me open to MB batarangs, just to avoid you building meter for MB batarangs and push block. at the same time flash depends on meter and if i have to push block you when you're pressuring me i have to get you off of me and waste a bar that i could use for a full combo or LC MB. i would like to play you on XBL to try some new strategies i've come up with to deal with batman that i think can completely turn the tides of the MU and possibly put it in flash's favor. i think i just need to learn how to block better against every character and i will do better in tournament.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Batman's wakeups being total crap help Frost in the Batman MU. Dealing with bats is pretty damn annoying at most ranges for KF. Probably a 5-5 IMO.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I think Batman beats Catwoman 6-4.

Also, HazeJupiter, I'd love to hear the approach you take against Batman. I was really upset both of your matches against FOREVER KING weren't recorded, or at least I couldn't find them.

Same to you, FOREVER KING. I'm trying to understand the MMH vs BM match-up a little better.
The Catwoman matchup is one of the matches I know the least about in the game. I kinda just put 5-5 based on thinking she has two hits of armor on her catdash now and her oki is really good on Batman's wakeups. But it could be 6-4, idk I have to play it more

As far as Martian Manhunter, at first I thought it was MMH favor. But it's a solid 5-5. MMH probably wins on certain stages that favor power characters. Batman's goal is to try to smother him and not let his zoning get started.

coolwhip

Noob
Rodrigue, I'm starting to think the CW MU is definitively a 5-5 after the last patch and the Cat Dash having two hits of armor. I can't effectively zone you as long as you have a bar of meter, and Seline is lethal at close range. And, indeed, backdashing against Catwoman is really risky or pretty much useless most of the time. You must have patience in our matches, usually I get you because you are very agressive and you try to rush me down at every chance.
Yeah pretty much this. Rodrigue needs to calm down and stop jumping so much lol.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Yeah pretty much this. Rodrigue needs to calm down and stop jumping so much lol.
Oh i will calm you down soon enough whip. The thing is, I don't really like to toy with my prey (unlike real cats) and find myself more on the agressive side so i can get over with it as soon as possible lol
ryumanjisen it's hard to be patient against you. It's like you're saying "oh just calm down while i hose you down with my batarangs and chip you out to death" hahahahaha

It's kinda funny how post-patch 1.06, NRS was finally able to get the best balance of an all-around character that Capcom strives to do (and most often fails) with Ryu in SF - mostly even match-ups with 90% of the cast.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Batman hmmm
It's tough to say, I see so often Shazam and Batmen going back and forth very evenly, but Batman exploits Shazams full screen weakness of course.
In my humble opinion i think Batman just takes over winning 6-4.
but like I say I see way too many times batman and Shazam going head to head, use your best judgement :p

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Thanks for your Shazam input
I say 6-4 Batman's favor. Bats' trait is amazing for controlling the footsies game, and getting in on him is insanely tough. Once you get a knockdown though, his wakeups are terrible. I have a lot of experience in this matchup too.

I also think that GL beats Batman pretty convincingly. I have TONS of experience in that matchup.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I say 6-4 Batman's favor. Bats' trait is amazing for controlling the footsies game, and getting in on him is insanely tough. Once you get a knockdown though, his wakeups are terrible. I have a lot of experience in this matchup too.

I also think that GL beats Batman pretty convincingly. I have TONS of experience in that matchup.
Green Lantern beats Batman?

Explain...

Rodrigue

Spongerod
EGP Wonder_Chef I started playing Shazam a couple of days ago. I already have a hundred wins with him. However, i find a solid batman/ green lantern too much trouble. Is it as bad as i think it is? It's pretty hard to get in when Batman has a full trait. How do you deal with that mu?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Hell no, GL wins that zoning battle in every way.

GL wins EVERY projectile trade and controls way more space than Batman. Batman stands no chance in that zoning battle.
The only issue I've seen with it is GL's air fireball. Maybe I need to play the MU more, but the only GL we have here is Tommy and he never comes to GGA.