What's new

Breakthrough Batgirl's Flying Bat Infinite-Discovered by SonicFox

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Do you not realize how sketchy of TOing this is?

Do you really not?
i dont, its an infinite it shouldnt exist. this is NOT Marvel where evveryone has TAC infinites you dont have 3 characters in this game
but as i am not a tournament goer please explain why regulating this is so sketchy

Wow, only NRS community would suggest letting this rock LOL.

"It's not too bad because you can drop it, and if you drop it you can get punished so it's not guaranteed."

What does that say about our players execution... In tekken or sf community this wouldn't even be a debate. You know, since japanese and korean players play those games and a lot of them can land just-frame moves like it's nothing.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wow, only NRS community would suggest "letting it rock" LOL.
It's usually people from other communities that come in and talk about how X bad thing was allowed in Y game and we should also.

This is inevitably followed by a comment about how we only want to remove broken things because we get "too many patches" and are spoiled.

Maasik

Noob
Let it rock so everyone can see it clearly needs to be fixed somehow. Just make it so anyone at UFGT in top 8 loses $10 for every uppercut in combo's that include 3+ uppercuts with Batgirl. :DOGE

It's usually people from other communities that come in and talk about how X bad thing was allowed in Y game and we should also.

This is inevitably followed by a comment about how we only want to remove broken things because we get "too many patches" and are spoiled.
I meant "letting THIS rock". Not saying that the letting it rock mentality is bad. It's good to let things rock most of the time.

But not for this lol.

the thing with letting it rock as a bad thing though is that, how else are you going to deal with the issue in a tournament? Say bro A said he lost to bro B because B used the infinite. B says he's full of shit. Do we just believe A? Do you waste everyone's time and play the set again? You either let it rock or batgirl's illegal. I'm pretty sure the let it rock argument is NOT "you can drop it and die so it's fine".

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Inj has more dirt than MK9 lol

Wow just noticed the music playing on the bAckground sounds creepy ass hell next to this infinite bs haha

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
the thing with letting it rock as a bad thing though is that, how else are you going to deal with the issue in a tournament? Say bro A said he lost to bro B because B used the infinite. B says he's full of shit. Do we just believe A? Do you waste everyone's time and play the set again?
Would somebody really do that though? I'm pretty sure if you ban the infinite, players will respect the ban and not do it. What if somebody paused during a match under the same circumstances? Same problem could happen but it rarely (if ever) does.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
as it stands, no reps is fine... Why?? because it wasnt meant to be in the game.. Either let it rock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or STFU and ban it..
you can literally tell if your opponent is doing the infinite. The infinite needs to be intentioanl or ban. Again we are looking at REPS not how many times its done in a combo. If you see the opponent do Df3 CONSECUTIVELY more than 3 times than thats a dq. If they did it earlier in the combo then did it 3 times near the end, its fair because it doesnt even d as much as if you would normal end it with cartwheel. I get 55% instead of 58%

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I meant "letting THIS rock". Not saying that the letting it rock mentality is bad. It's good to let things rock most of the time.

But not for this lol.
I'm talking specifically about really broken stuff, the kind that almost always inevitably gets patched out if the devs are still in the support cycle of the game :D