What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's first dominate match-up? (Vs Scorpion)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Because it's obvious info from the start that MOST OF US KNOW that Scorpion struggles vs rushdown chars and lacks up close.
Again, from the start of what, MK9? You seem to be under the impression that every last Scorpion player has some beehive mentality and just throws out unsafe moves. He's not even available to non-season pass holders yet. Why does he HAVE to commit to D1~Flipkick? Have fun getting crossed up while you think lowered hitboxes are a free pass out of any derivative jab pressure.

And who said anything about spamming teleports? Lol?
All Scorpions start to break into bad habits when they get impatient and THIS IS WHEN THEY START trying to spam teleports. Just block and do easy punish while he's spinning in air.
You did apparently.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is 5-5 at best or in Scorpion's favor

-Bane can't just spam Venom Uppercut. If he does, Scorpion will heavily punish him, he hits like a truck and builds meter fast
-Scorpion's vortex is on par w/Batgirl/KF

I really don't think you have faced a good scorpion yet. The online scorpions that spam teleport brainlessly are not a reflection of this matchup
he doesnt hit like a truck

hejust stings at you and puts you n a vortex where he can do STINGY STINGY STINGY

Again, from the start of what, MK9? You seem to be under the impression that every last Scorpion player has some beehive mentality and just throws out unsafe moves. Have fun getting crossed up while you think lowered hitboxes are a free pass out of any derivative jab pressure.

You did apparently.
Why are you bringing up MK9? Lol what? Random much? If you DON'T start playing unsafe, risky, and wreckless then you just let Bane walk all over you and pummel you up close which is what I said most Scorps will resort to that tactic since, you know, they want to win?

Doombawkz said something similar also on how Scorpion needs to play wreckless and hope he guesses right to beat you in which I completely agree with

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why are you bringing up MK9? Lol what? Random much? If you DON'T start playing unsafe, risky, and wreckless then you just let Bane walk all over you and pummel you up close which is what I said most Scorps will resort to that tactic since, you know, they want to win?

Doombawkz said something similar also on how Scorpion needs to play wreckless and hope he guesses right to beat you in which I completely agree with
Because that's more than likely where you're hearing this idea from that Scorp struggles up close. His pokes had no advantage and had one mid string that always left him negative in MK9.

Most Scorps = A free character handed to season pass holders who have no grasp of a metagame and probably haven't figured out they need to meter burn to use spear traditionally. You bring this up on a competitive matchmaking website.

Scorpion always has the threat of teleport. It's always there. It changes the game. He jumps in on you so you stand to block, but he was planning on doing a teleport the whole time. That type of stuff.

I'm scared to see what good players are going to do with Scorpion.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Exactly big_aug. Way too much theory fighter going on, it's blatantly obvious Scorpion can be a problem for most of the cast and Bane is easily included. Bane does not win this matchup, at all

hmm.. i'll go into training with ketchup and see if we can get it to work, i can always do the video and credit you guys if it works properly?
The b1 stops him from changing sides so you can do b1 into a command grab or double punch with no directional input issues. Combo strings will autocorrect after b1 if your timing was off, so that's also a solid option.

They can still teleport away from you on wake up though which becomes pretty much his only option if you are on point. You aren't linking specials to the b1 so even if he blocks it, you can hit a follow up command grab or whatever. B1 will stuff all of his other wake ups.

haketh

Noob
People keep saying Scorps damage is low so him getting a hit isn't an issue, but his ability to keep getting hits is pretty good so that more than deals with the damage issue.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I like how you started a new thread when there is already a Bane vs. Scorpion thread as well as a Match up discusion thread.

Also it's too early to tell.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
It still suprises me how so many people downplay scorpion. Sure, he's annoying, and like 99% of scorpion players online just spam special moves and you can get around that and beat them easily...but playing a very good scorpion only leads me to believe he will be a force to be reckoned with. Similar to batgirl (but to an even greater extent), he changes the way you play the game. A good scorpion controls the screen AT ALL TIMES...not only is it annoying as hell, its ridiculous how many mixups the guy can throw at you in about 3 seconds.
People need to play against better scorpion players.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I never said scorp has to be reckless, just that we have to be patient. However, we do have options. Also I never said Bane wins, just that this isn't a problematic MU.

I've come to the conclusion that a few Bane players are delusional. I'm guessing they are hitting that crack pipe hard or that venom. Not a coincidence, bane is a junky himself.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
It's not a dominate matchup, it's still not as bad as BA/NW/Batman, this is more like 6-4 Scorpion

FYI, Charge is a no go against Scorpion. The teleport will hit you and he recovers fast enough to get you with a spear at the end. Sometimes you can block the spear, sometimes you can't. It depends on the distance. You can only trade with Hellfire at closer range, so it's best not to do it at all probably.