What's new

Back in the day...

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
When the original MK3 first hit arcades, and suddenly there was no Scorpion, who else thought that somehow it was him inside this mysterious new YELLOW robot? I was only 11 back then, and I was certain thats how it was gonna play out lol

When the original MK3 first hit arcades, and suddenly there was no Scorpion, who else thought that somehow it was him inside this mysterious new YELLOW robot? I was only 11 back then, and I was certain thats how it was gonna play out lol
I don't think that ever crossed my mind, but boy was I pissed that he wasn't in there.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I immediately thought the game was worthless when I knew mr. yellow ninja aint there.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I didn't care as I read previously (even before getting to play mk3 at all) on a gamepro magazine that they were going to release another version of the game, with more characters and arenas. I was super hyped about the robots and nightwolf to even care about ninjas honestly...

I memorized the dial kombos before I even saw the game jajajaj those were great times :)

aj1701

Noob
I was super hyped about the robots and nightwolf to even care about ninjas honestly...
My first reaction was "robots, really? MK has gone really gimmicy now." I like them now, but there are still characters that if never came back I woudln't care (NW, Kabal).

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Yup, that's exactly what I thought.

My first reaction was "robots, really? MK has gone really gimmicy now." I like them now, but there are still characters that if never came back I woudln't care (NW, Kabal).
I agree... I was pretty cheesed that they destroyed Earth, too.

I could never figure out how many people were supposed to be alive after MK3. I mean did Shao Kahn basically wipe out the whole human race or what? And if he did, why are they still trying to protect Earthrealm? I bet I think about this stuff more than Ed Boon does. :confused:

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Idk I kinda liked the idea when I read about it (robots in mk). When I learn about their specials I was like "wow... flame throwers, bombs, missiles, energy nets, how cool is that?" And I saw a picture of sektor's compactor fatality, man I just wanted to see that live LOL I thought they were a great addition, but at the same time I thought "they're kinda desperate ripping off Killer instinct's Fulgore and Chief Thunder" jajajaajajajjaajaj

Meh. Didn't really matter that Scorpion wasn't in it, but I was VERY pissed off that Raiden and Cage didn't make it. How the fuck can you make a game without Raiden and Cage?