What's new

Question B1,2, 212, slide blockable?

How come some people punish with B1,2, 212, slide? When I try this against auto-block CPU they are able to block my 212.

What's goin' on?

Thats the combo you do on an airborne oponent. the second hit of B1,2 acctually freezes them in the air just long enough for you to be able to go to neutral briefly and then start 212 slide.

It will not work on frozen grounded opponents, on which you want to do jump in punch 2,1,4 xx slide.

zee

Icy
Hi, I'll try to be useful for my first post at TYM :D

The B1,2, 212 works the way you want it to with a NJP starter. So to get there you could B1,2, Ice Blast (or anything leading up to a freeze), followed by NJP, B1,2, 212 Slide.

I hear you in that some can get a straight B1,2, 212, Slide... notably in online matches... but that happens only when the opponent isn't holding the block button.

How come some people punish with B1,2, 212, slide? When I try this against auto-block CPU they are able to block my 212.

What's goin' on?
b12, 212~slide is a juggle and only used during combos. The b12 portion, specifically the 2 on that portion, causes them to bounce off the ground if they're already airborne.

So here's the thing, if you are trying to hit a low airborne opponent off of a straight freeze, like if you hit them with 22 freeze off a jump and they are very low to the ground, you will do (b1)2, 212~slide. What this means is that you actually want to distance yourself appropriately so that you with miss with the b1 portion and hit with the 2 so that they bounce up. If they are too low to the ground and you hit them with the b1 then the 2 portion will miss and you will drop the juggle.

If you are trying to hit a high airborne target then NJP, dash, b12, 212~slide is the best bet.

The one thing I will say is that you only use this in juggles as it's just a juggle combo. The way to practice it if you're just trying to get this portion down (as it is a combo ender for Sub-Zero) then just do a neutral jump punch which will bounce the enemy up, immediately dash forward and do b12. After the 2 portion of the b12 hits they will bounce off the ground. It's important to note that this is the portion of the combo that has a bit of timing. It's only AFTER they've hit the ground from the 2 stabbing them and bouncing them that you want to start the 212~slide.

If you do the 212 portion too early then you will probably just miss a straight 2 and the whole thing won't come out and if you do it too late you will get 212 but after they've hit the ground and you will miss most, if not all of the combo.

The way I got it down is to just wait for them to actually hit the ground on the b12 portion at which point they'll bounce up. Immediately after they hit the ground I do the 212~slide as it should connect just as it's able to.

Also someone else posted the b12 has a portion that freezes, I think they're thinking of 212/214 both of which the second hit is a little freeze that holds them in place. The 2 portion of the b12 is actually an ice dagger that he stabs with that will launch them if they're already airborne.

Hi, I'll try to be useful for my first post at TYM :D

The B1,2, 212 works the way you want it to with a NJP starter. So to get there you could B1,2, Ice Blast (or anything leading up to a freeze), followed by NJP, B1,2, 212 Slide.

I hear you in that some can get a straight B1,2, 212, Slide... notably in online matches... but that happens only when the opponent isn't holding the block button.
I'm confuse.

There are two scenarios it seems here.

1) b12, 212/214, slide
It seems this one is blockable and does not cause a juggle. Is this true?

2) njp, b12, 212/214, slide
It seems this one is not block because it does cause a juggle. Is this true?

I'm confuse.

There are two scenarios it seems here.

1) b12, 212/214, slide
It seems this one is blockable and does not cause a juggle. Is this true?

2) njp, b12, 212/214, slide
It seems this one is not block because it does cause a juggle. Is this true?
Yes, this is what everyone has been trying to see. You cant block mid-juggle, all you can do is breaker.
So in scenario 1) Just use Jumping in Punch 214 Slide.

Yes, this is what everyone has been trying to see. You cant block mid-juggle, all you can do is breaker.
So in scenario 1) Just use Jumping in Punch 214 Slide.
I wanted to clarify the NJP _causing_ the juggle in the same "b12, 212, slide" combo.

THIS I did not know and is AWESOME