What's new

Video/Tutorial B W1zZ' Exclusive Christmas Special - New Raiden Tech

Good stuff man. That sequence of combos at around the 4:25 mark was crazy but looked very damn cool.

BTW, I think I have that same monitor. at least it looks the same.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good stuff. I used to use a similar setup midscreen with d1~Teleport after the VB.

I also use similar setups with high hit combos for Kitana that cause max gravity where they get up really fast if they don't stay on the ground or do a wakeup attack. When this happens to Kitana like at 4:53 in your video, they cannot duck high attacks or throws if you time it right.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Damn ..... nice stuff !! Raiden is so underrated, that all this video sequences seems ..... scary, I mean, Raiden seems to have great potential still underexplored. Good job, man !! :D

4x4lo8o

Noob
Thanks B Wizz, best Christmas gift I got this year

For ease of use for anyone else trying this, those combos were
jip, 334~teleport, b31~shocker, f2~vb, b3~superman/lightning/teleport
jip, 334~teleport, b31~shocker, f2~vb, dash f2~superman
jip, 334~teleport, b31~shocker, f2~vb, 12~ex-lightning/teleport

And those corner combos were
f4, 4, 334, 1212~shocker, jik~superman
f4, 4, 334, 33~shocker, f23~superman
f4, 4, 334, 33~shocker, 33~superman

B W1zZ

Noob
Good stuff. I used to use a similar setup midscreen with d1~Teleport after the VB.

I also use similar setups with high hit combos for Kitana that cause max gravity where they get up really fast if they don't stay on the ground or do a wakeup attack. When this happens to Kitana like at 4:53 in your video, they cannot duck high attacks or throws if you time it right.
Yeah a lot of the other setups I posted involved using D1 after VB...when I talked about the setups not working on the females I meant that they were not consistent and only worked about 50% of the time due to hitbox issues, but these options I showed in the video are guaranteed in high gravity against all characters.

I'm probably going to end up doing a followup video using these same combo/setup enders off of other combos and launchers like off of NJP (i have a 33% high gravity NJP midscreen ending in superman interchangeable with en lightning/tele setups) along with F4. These enders are interchangeable with a lot of other high gravity setups....like aa B312shocker for instance or aa 1 vb dash F2 shocker etc.

The thing I like about the high gravity en lightning setups is the fact that the window to react to them is so small and more often than not they will put your opponent into a situation they don't want to be in...and the 12 en lightning ender is not only advantageous but puts you at a safe enough distance where in most situations you won't get blown up by a wakeup attack (unless it covers a lot of range and is advancing) yet you're still at the perfect distance to dash in with a follow up B3 into either a full string or mixup.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
This is a brand new, fresh, Raiden exclusive new tech video I recorded for the MK community for the holidays, enjoy.

Edit: at 4:23 I meant en lightning not vicinity blast, and at 5:15 meant to say 12 not 21, lol
i can see my name on the hat :) good stuff bwizz

4x4lo8o

Noob
Hey B Wizz, are you sure these work on all characters? I can't get the f2~vb to land on Mileena. I could just be timing it wrong, but I've been able to do it on all the male characters I tried

this is some solid stuff I didnt know raiden could get more damage than 40% midscreen. the 39% combo is really good because you barely sacrifice any damage for a setup.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I do believe you've found Raiden's best meterless midscreen combo in this version of the game.

Linking b3 1 after a 3 3 4 Teleport combo looks like it involves very strict timing. Did you perhaps try linking 1 2 into Shocker after the Teleport for less damage but some consistency, or does that not work?

Your fellow Raidens thank you deeply for imparting your wisdom. It will make for juicy discussion among the Raiden Kouncil. :)

STORMS - front-page worthy?

SLy

Noob
That last setup made me shout "OH" out loud by an accident lol.. It was sick..

I hope someone builds off these and come up with some crazy ass setups
Good shit bro

B W1zZ

Noob
I do believe you've found Raiden's best meterless midscreen combo in this version of the game.

Linking b3 1 after a 3 3 4 Teleport combo looks like it involves very strict timing. Did you perhaps try linking 1 2 into Shocker after the Teleport for less damage but some consistency, or does that not work?
I haven't tested 12 shocker but it won't connect since the B31 advances Raiden forward where the 12 pushes them back...12 en shocker might be possible though although I see it doing less damage at the cost of meter.

B W1zZ

Noob
Hey B Wizz, are you sure these work on all characters? I can't get the f2~vb to land on Mileena. I could just be timing it wrong, but I've been able to do it on all the male characters I tried
I haven't tested it on Mileena but I don't see why the combo would be any different with her...I'll test it later though just to be sure.

B W1zZ

Noob
Damn ..... nice stuff !! Raiden is so underrated, that all this video sequences seems ..... scary, I mean, Raiden seems to have great potential still underexplored. Good job, man !! :D
I'll agree with underrated but I don't like when people say the character is under explored...basically what you're seeing are two pieces of a puzzle I haven't fit together until recently, so more or less I have an even more complete picture now.

Most of my time invested into MK9 itself has been spent exploring Raiden and I'd say 98% of what I know about the character (keyword "I", not everyone else) has been self taught through painstaking trial and error.

Thanks though :)