What's new

Tech B W1zZ' En lightning setups

B W1zZ

Noob
I mentioned a few en lightning setups that I use on the down four cast so I will go ahead and post a few of my setups here.

B312 dash shocker, 334 dash B3 en lightning
B312 dash F2 shocker, 33 Vb dash D1 en lightning
334 tele 1 shocker, 33 vb dash (slight delay) D1 en lightning
334 tele, B31 shocker, 33 VB dash D1 en lightning
F4 dash B31 shocker, 33 Vb dash d1 en lightning

anti air B312 shocker, 33VB dash D1 en lightning
anti air 1 Vb dash (3) or (F2) shocker, 33VB dash D1 en lightning
anti air D1 Vb dash F2 shocker, 33VB dash D1 en lightning
air to air punch, dash B31 shocker, 33VB dash D1 en lightning

Keep in mind off of the combos ending in 33Vb you can opt to end with superman or dash D1 superman instead of doing dash D1 en lightning.

Also the timing is strict on the 33VB after shocker, if mistimed the VB will whiff.

The high gravity juggles are inconsistent on all females except for sheeva.

Enjoy.

NKZero

Noob
Good stuff man I was looking for answers like these. Get rid of my thread though since you posted the answer here :p.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Huge help......what i was doing was after shocker 1 blast, b3 en lightning or (after shocker f23 en lightning). What i found working for me if i don't have one bar of meter is finishing combos with teleport like Rain and then B3 starter or F24 if they don't wake up corectly. Ex: B312 dash B31 shocker, f23 tele, or 334 tele f2 shocker f23 tele(you have the option for 1 blast after after the shocker ,but i am finding my self droping it sometimes ,so i did stop doing it). The B3 has good reach and many times catches people. What do you think?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Keep in mind that every single one of these are gimmicks, while they may catch people off guard a wake-up attack will beat them all. Against characters like Rain, Kitana or possibly Sektor their wake-ups are not a threat to these set ups and restricts their mobility though so it can be mildly effective against them but I wouldn't recommend using a bar of meter for a potential blockstring or wiff punish if they try to poke.

I've found ending combos in b3 teleport keeps you close and has knockdown advantage but even then it may be better to just take the extra 5%

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Keep in mind that every single one of these are gimmicks, while they may catch people off guard a wake-up attack will beat them all. Against characters like Rain, Kitana or possibly Sektor their wake-ups are not a threat to these set ups and restricts their mobility though so it can be mildly effective against them but I wouldn't recommend using a bar of meter for a potential blockstring or wiff punish if they try to poke.

I've found ending combos in b3 teleport keeps you close and has knockdown advantage but even then it may be better to just take the extra 5%
I probably need to test it more but I have yet to be blown up by a wakeup attack when I use b312, dash shocker, f2~vb, b3~ex-lightning or 334~tele, f2~shocker, f2~vb, b3~ex-lightning. The b3 hits them from max distance and they are still high enough in the air for me to be able to hold block and block their wakeups or jump in for more pressure. Whenever I jump in after that I have missed the jip because they are pretty much at max range.

But yeah I could be wrong. Need to test it more. I just haven't been blown up for doing it yet and i've been doing it for a couple months.

B W1zZ

Noob

You could think of it like kitanas D1 cutter, sure its a gimmick but you have to be expecting it and react quickly. Sektor is one character I don't recommend using these against since his en teleport will hit you/go over the 2nd bolt and you get full combo punished. It's also risky against characters with fast advancing specials like Jax dash punch, Cage shadow kick, Mileena roll, Reptile dash/slide etc, but in my experience the D1 variants are more likely to catch them off guard and seem a little more difficult to wake up punish.

Wigy

There it is...
Not sure why but the 334 whiffs off the electrocute for me like half the time, i cant see why its doing this. and why dont u do f2 off the aab teleport?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Not sure why but the 334 whiffs off the electrocute for me like half the time, i cant see why its doing this. and why dont u do f2 off the aab teleport?
You just have to get used to the timing. Don't let the 2 frame gap to get 334 off scare you.