What's new

Strategy B+1, what it's really for

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
so after b1 mb grave rot the damage chain does 45% :cool: ex version does 42% (trade off for armour i suppose)
other two are mid 30s

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
B1 probably has a shit-ton of cancel advantage and mb graverot has really quick recovery and no hitstun. Black Adam can do the same thing with his trait because it also has no hitstun and it makes his normals recover faster.
it doesn't make sense
I have to cancel MB Grave Rot for this to combo into 112.

If you do it without the MB Grave Rot... its not a combo.

It makes ZERO sense.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
it doesn't make sense
I have to cancel MB Grave Rot for this to combo into 112.

If you do it without the MB Grave Rot... its not a combo.

It makes ZERO sense.
this sounds like a complaint!

Actually, MB grave rot is one of his most powerful moves IMO. I find that using meter on it combined with another enhanced or two is way too powerful to bother using his meter for anything else, it adds at least 15% or more to any combo you use it in

here's an example (someone had ME cornered the other day). while in the corner, 112 MB swamp hands, MB grave rot instantly and walking corpse MB. now, this combo is guaranteed and inescapable, but depending on whether you miss a frame or two, will either full combo or actually reset. with the bounce off the wall, 11 Trait. even with scaling, the MB grave rot doesnt and puts the combo at 75% (without power chain). If it resets, you do 84% (without power chain)

I dont think you want to know what it does with power chain :D

Incidentally while this combo does do pretty much full life, it is not my death combo, although you can make it one with four bars. My death trap is 100% with just 3 and no power chain

yea, i said it, and yea, i'm not tellin :D

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
this sounds like a complaint!

Actually, MB grave rot is one of his most powerful moves IMO. I find that using meter on it combined with another enhanced or two is way too powerful to bother using his meter for anything else, it adds at least 15% or more to any combo you use it in

here's an example (someone had ME cornered the other day). while in the corner, 112 MB swamp hands, MB grave rot instantly and walking corpse MB. now, this combo is guaranteed and inescapable, but depending on whether you miss a frame or two, will either full combo or actually reset. with the bounce off the wall, 11 Trait. even with scaling, the MB grave rot doesnt and puts the combo at 75% (without power chain). If it resets, you do 84% (without power chain)

I dont think you want to know what it does with power chain :D

Incidentally while this combo does do pretty much full life, it is not my death combo, although you can make it one with four bars. My death trap is 100% with just 3 and no power chain

yea, i said it, and yea, i'm not tellin :D
not complaining

just saying... it breaks the logic of the game. I wouldn't get too attached is all.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
not complaining

just saying... it breaks the logic of the game. I wouldn't get too attached is all.

ah, now you're depressing me :(

interesting tech note: if you have MB grave rot on and are doing a combo and it runs out during the combo, you can actually reuse the MB grave rot mid combo and keep going. now THAT seems to break the logic of the game of using two of the same specials within the same combo

havent found a use for it yet unless you are using it as just a pure pressure tool and just chaining them

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lol I've played 10 min in the past 4 days and that was just to record your combo. Ill find your 100% combo I'm sure if I just I've it an hour.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i dont see this as a glitch it costs a bar of meter ??
can the grundy mod delete all posts regarding grundys mb grave rot tech ;)

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
havent found a use for it yet unless you are using it as just a pure pressure tool and just chaining them
That would certainly have use if MB GR runs out before you've come to the B1 portion of a combo. :) B1 cancel is indeed awesome and I can't believe nobody was posting about it earlier too.

As for game logic, who cares as long as it's not random and people can still have fun with/around it.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So b1~grave rot basically gives you another mixup. I brought up b1~grave rot into trait throw awhile back and I thought it was agreed you could jump out? Is there enough adv to F13 or mb cleaver for a Scorpion-ish 50/50 vortex type deal?

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
When I usually land a B1, it's in the middle of a combo, which means this new B1 into MB grave rot trick isn't as good as it could be.

However, one thing I like is that you can also combo Grundy's D1,3 from the B1 into MB grave rot, like you can his 112. If I combo into a B1, like off of any Grundy B&B that leads into MB swamp hands, I go for the D1,3 combo since it causes an untechable knockdown and puts the opponent in a good position for some Grundy oki. If you land a trait grab, you're looking at 10-20 increased damage from the grave rot, same with any combo starter you may land.

Just a thought. In short, if you go for the B1 into MB grave rot near the end of a B&B, I say end the combo with D1,3 for the untechable knockdown into Grundy oki. The MB grave rot makes that oki all the more dangerous.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
B1 is AWESOME¡¡¡¡

Here´s my setup:
When I do MBShands i go for B1(or Ji/JN 2),B+1.....ok, there´s now +22 frames for you,so i prefer instead to do the trait I go for F1,3 launcher because is 25 frames and because it´s low, so the opp. just have 3 frames to think he needs to block low ,the other way if he try to press buttons(there´s no pokes quicker than 3)or try to block stand(it´s the usual thing people do because the stagger state of B1 makes the opp. standing)the string hits. Also if opp. jumps the F1,3 can even catch it.
Another thing, if your opp uses his "3 frames of life" to block low, you can B+1 again because B+1 is +22 and his startup is 23. B+1,B+1B+1.... if he blocks stand...F+1,3...
When F+1,3 connects do 1,1,MBSHands,Jip2,B+1 for 27% and......AGAIN THE SAME SETUP until your meter ends(or your opps life xD) .
If you do this setup twice probably you will be at the corner... enough said :)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
B1 is AWESOME¡¡¡¡

Here´s my setup:
When I do MBShands i go for B1(or Ji/JN 2),B+1.....ok, there´s now +22 frames for you,so i prefer instead to do the trait I go for F1,3 launcher because is 25 frames and because it´s low, so the opp. just have 3 frames to think he needs to block low ,the other way if he try to press buttons(there´s no pokes quicker than 3)or try to block stand(it´s the usual thing people do because the stagger state of B1 makes the opp. standing)the string hits. Also if opp. jumps the F1,3 can even catch it.
Another thing, if your opp uses his "3 frames of life" to block low, you can B+1 again because B+1 is +22 and his startup is 23. B+1,B+1B+1.... if he blocks stand...F+1,3...
When F+1,3 connects do 1,1,MBSHands,Jip2,B+1 for 27% and......AGAIN THE SAME SETUP until your meter ends(or your opps life xD) .
If you do this setup twice probably you will be at the corner... enough said :)
Sounds hilarious, I'd probably just stick with my guaranteed damage with the b1 trait reset off of any mb swamp hands but this is amusing.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
^ I haven't heard anything about that, plus F+22 into WC can be pushblocked, against competent people you should do 3,2 into WC.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
^ I haven't heard anything about that, plus F+22 into WC can be pushblocked, against competent people you should do 3,2 into WC.
No I meant that after landing f+22 mid combo the WC reset doesn't work any more. I really enjoyed using that for some reason

Owerbart

I miss you
Based on all the cheap well, everything most other characters have, as well as this game being primarily a zoner paradise, I would say he can keep it.
time will tell. right now (maybe cause i played zangief too much) i don't feel like any matchup is impossible. sure some of them are tougher than others, but sooner or later we as a community will learn to get in into everyone. THEN we will surely know if he really needs it or not.

I don't really seeing B1 getting nerfed at all. Grundy needs the ability to do as much damage as he can before his opponent can back up and zone again. Zoning is seriously the strongest thing in this game so Grundy needs all the tools he can get.

Grundy needs meter to do all his damage (with exception of raw trait) Most of the cast gets to just run away and shoot projectiles that do way too much damage, and use half screen grabs that lead into stupid damage.

So, after playing with this a bit I came to a conclusion that B1 MB Grave Rot > 112 combos but not because of the cancel advantage MB GR gives you. I think it is because when activated really close to the opponent MB GR immediately does damage which combos into 112. I noticed that when going into B1 MBGR Trait reset my opponent sometimes was escaping it. But that doesn't make sense because the B1>Trait Reset is guaranteed and cancelling into MB GR is suppose to give you more advantage. When I am touching the opponent and MB GR starts hitting, it actually stops the stun duration of B1 and, as it has no stun of it's own the opponent is actually able to jump out immediately. And If you think about it B1 is a stunning normal which ends the combo, the mechanic is similar to Johnny Cage's nut punch (except that it is a special:))Nothing can combo after that no matter how much advantage it gives, BUT the combo continues due to the unique properties of the Grave Rot. It just gives better understanding. So for the Reset after B1 MB GR into Trait you have to start B1 with a little distance between you and your opponent so that when MB GR starts, it doesn't hit him before you go into Trait - and than the Reset is inescapable. But in a combo situation on the contrary you want to be touching your opponent during the activation of MB GR.

Error

DF2+R2
So, after playing with this a bit I came to a conclusion that B1 MB Grave Rot > 112 combos but not because of the cancel advantage MB GR gives you. I think it is because when activated really close to the opponent MB GR immediately does damage which combos into 112. I noticed that when going into B1 MBGR Trait reset my opponent sometimes was escaping it. But that doesn't make sense because the B1>Trait Reset is guaranteed and cancelling into MB GR is suppose to give you more advantage. When I am touching the opponent and MB GR starts hitting, it actually stops the stun duration of B1 and, as it has no stun of it's own the opponent is actually able to jump out immediately. And If you think about it B1 is a stunning normal which ends the combo, the mechanic is similar to Johnny Cage's nut punch (except that it is a special:))Nothing can combo after that no matter how much advantage it gives, BUT the combo continues due to the unique properties of the Grave Rot. It just gives better understanding. So for the Reset after B1 MB GR into Trait you have to start B1 with a little distance between you and your opponent so that when MB GR starts, it doesn't hit him before you go into Trait - and than the Reset is inescapable. But in a combo situation on the contrary you want to be touching your opponent during the activation of MB GR.
Is trait grab faster than standing 1? If so, then you might be right.

Is trait grab faster than standing 1? If so, then you might be right.
See, it doesn't matter if it is faster or not becauseB1 MB GR > trait is a reset do to Trait being unblockable. And while stunned your opponent can only block. And when GR hits 112 combos regardless. Not claiming I am 100% right though. It is just how I see it:)