What's new

Strategy B+1, what it's really for

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
i can't believe this hasnt been posted yet, since the game has been out for a while. I'm not a tourney player anymore, I'm too old to be hiding tech, so here ya go

If you do B+1 MB grave rot, you have 14 frames of free input. so with proper timing (easy once you learn it), you can do B+1 MB grave rot, 112 (or 2 if you want to JF it) into all sorts of ridiculous combos. in fact, B+1 MB grave rot, 112 MB swamp hands, grave rot, B+1 into trait throw does approx 80 dmg using health chain and lets you be flashy with a legit, viable double grave rot combo

I have a 100% using 3 bars. now, if you know anything about how powerful 112 is especially in the corner, this allows you to do all sorts of stupid, stupid inescapable setups as well, and makes his mind game so much worse

like to duck low? not anymore

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not doubting you...and the idea has come up...but isn't it kind of slow to just throw out? b1 doesnt link into 112 does it?

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
I'm not doubting you...and the idea has come up...but isn't it kind of slow to just throw out? b1 doesnt link into 112 does it?
B+1 by itself does not combo into 112, but B+1 MB grave rot into 112 does. the MB grave rot gives you 14 frames from my testing although it may be 15. In any case, if you know your opponent likes to duck in certain situation (like after a jumpin to avoid F+1,3 or similar setups involving F+1,3) you can bust this out and ruin their day.

the beautiful part of this is that when you go 112 even if you mistime they cannot jump, they are forced to block, so you can still 112 into whatever other setups you like. after practicing it for 20 mins though you can get the timing consistently

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
ah so its a just frame pretty much. interesting, i got it a couple of times just now
close to it, you have 2-3 frames to input it. like i said, its not hard once you get used to the timing. the nice thing is you dont have to have power chain for the huge dmg, including my 100%'er (although i have a few more things i want to test before i put that info out)

Awake

Noob
But then the overhead is blocked an you are punished for grave rot. Ill take my 66% one bar off of overhead mb hands or 83% off 2 meter in the corner, as not only is mb swamp is safe, but it is advantageous (and can be sort of tough to block after the overhead as it is a low.)

Still a cool find, although i doubt is practicability.

Error

DF2+R2
I dont' understand why cancelling into the special allows you to combo.... lol

what an anomaly in the game.
B1 probably has a shit-ton of cancel advantage and mb graverot has really quick recovery and no hitstun. Black Adam can do the same thing with his trait because it also has no hitstun and it makes his normals recover faster.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
i can't believe this hasnt been posted yet, since the game has been out for a while. I'm not a tourney player anymore, I'm too old to be hiding tech, so here ya go

If you do B+1 MB grave rot, you have 14 frames of free input. so with proper timing (easy once you learn it), you can do B+1 MB grave rot, 112 (or 2 if you want to JF it) into all sorts of ridiculous combos. in fact, B+1 MB grave rot, 112 MB swamp hands, grave rot, B+1 into trait throw does approx 80 dmg using health chain and lets you be flashy with a legit, viable double grave rot combo

I have a 100% using 3 bars. now, if you know anything about how powerful 112 is especially in the corner, this allows you to do all sorts of stupid, stupid inescapable setups as well, and makes his mind game so much worse

like to duck low? not anymore
Can you post the 100 percent combo :) and i would only use b1 is the opponent has just had a hard knockdown.