What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Guys...Should i control space with Sc even if they are blocking it or go in on them because a lot of people block Raven's Sc. I think SC is better to catch people's jump or when they are in the action of doing something.

Sami

Noob
Guys...Should i control space with Sc even if they are blocking it or go in on them because a lot of people block Raven's Sc. I think SC is better to catch people's jump or when they are in the action of doing something.
If they have a move which can punish the -20 (at range this is isn't many characters) then don't use SC if you're expecting it to be blocked. If you want to play that game against characters with quick ranged punishes, get yourself into demon stance (easier said than done) and use db2 as it's full screen, only -6 and if you do catch them with it you can MB for full combo.

Nerubian

Noob
Is raven able to stop jump ins at all? Good timing on that d2?
If you can read it, singularity if there is enough space. 2 works as a decent trade (you'll probably lose the trade in terms of damage but at least they're off of you). D2 is garbage.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I find the lift inconsistent against ill-spaced jumps. Anything closer than her 1 range (in the air) can miss the hotbox completely.

Maybe dashing?

I find the lift inconsistent against ill-spaced jumps. Anything closer than her 1 range (in the air) can miss the hotbox completely.

Maybe dashing?
Yeah, you need to be at a specific range for it to work properly.

Demon Stance df+1 is a perfect anti-air, but of course she doesn't have access to that all the time...

If you're feeling slightly ridiculous, you could try MB f+3 to counter any air attacks and potentially catch them before they hit the ground.

Sami

Noob
To any Raven player feeling even a slight desire to try out a new character: do not try Bat Girl.

Seriously.

No.

Full screen MB Soul Crush? Rubbish. The non-MB giving a standing reset? Terrible. Being being able to dash before MB to get better positioning? Useless. Combining it with her teleport to giving her a pseudo MB Event Horizon at all times? Who would want that? Get those overhead/low mix-ups, AA projectiles and dashes out of my sight!

Don't be too jealous, we still have... err... a 100% track record of not being nerfed. Something that I doubt Bat Girl will hang on to for too long :p

MLGIHydro

@MLGIHydro
To any Raven player feeling even a slight desire to try out a new character: do not try Bat Girl.

Seriously.

No.

Full screen MB Soul Crush? Rubbish. The non-MB giving a standing reset? Terrible. Being being able to dash before MB to get better positioning? Useless. Combining it with her teleport to giving her a pseudo MB Event Horizon at all times? Who would want that? Get those overhead/low mix-ups, AA projectiles and dashes out of my sight!

Don't be too jealous, we still have... err... a 100% track record of not being nerfed. Something that I doubt Bat Girl will hang on to for too long :p
Ya... She sucks.

Owerbart

I miss you

Seriously.

No.

I fear that Batgirl will be to Raven what Kenshi was intended to be to Ermac.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
I don't have much time to look at the thread, so I rather just state it here. Has anyone had issues with 1+2 interfering with F22U1? Especially in the Atlantis stage. Pisses me the hell off. I understand it's an input error on my part. But, ugh.

Enigma

Noob
Have you guys noticed how if Batman's b23 whiffs and the animation is still going, soul crush cannot punish him.

Sami

Noob
Today I discovered that Raven can MB the same ground pillar more than once. I could've sworn I had tested it before and that didn't work (chaining different pillars did work), but I'm not going to complain :D.

Sami

Noob
Ghetto option select to beat all of Scorpion's wake up attacks when ending a combo with f22u1 or a similar hard knockdown. End result is either a full combo for you (vs. most of his wake-ups) or a block at negative frames (vs teleport punch MB).

Once you hit somebody with a jump-in attack, you can buffer the next hit while you're still in the air. Hit somebody with a ji2 and then press 3 and 3 will come out the moment you land. However, wiff the ji2 and then press 3 in the air and 3 won't come out. Using this, we can cause the game to only follow up the ji2 with 3 providing ji2 hits. Note: the 3 will come out even if the ji2 is blocked. The important part is that the jump-in attack has to connect with the opponent. As you're about to land, always hold down forwards.

How ji2, 3 interacts with the wake-ups varies from wake-up to wake-up.

Bloody Spear and Hell Fire

ji2, 3 will fully hit. You can release forwards and hit confirm the 3 into db2 MB into full combo.

Flip Kick and Leg Takedown

ji2 will wiff completely, causing 3 not to come out. Flip Kick and Leg Takedown will miss you completely, allowing you to full combo punish it. Leg Takedown has quite a lot of invincibility frames but is vulnerable when Scorpion is standing back up. A ji2 after Leg Takedown misses should always connect and give you full combo as usual.

Holding down forwards doesn't help/hinder you in this situation as both moves will miss.

Teleport Punch and Welcome to the Netherrealm (super)

Now this one requires some timing. If you do the 2 too late in the jump arc, it will "hit" the invincible teleport punch, causing 3 to come out. You need to learn how to time your ji2 so that it would hit a standing opponent (i.e. do the kick earlier). Once you have the timing right, ji2 will wiff against teleport punch and 3 won't come out. Holding forward as you land will cause you to block the teleport punch putting you at massive +frame for full combo punish.

ji2 will hit the armour WttN but 3 won't come out. Hold forward as normal and you'll block the follow-up hit on the super. With perfect timing you can d1 after blocking for full combo (6f d1, super is -7 on block).

Teleport Punch MB

ji2 will wiff if done correctly (see the section above), so 3 won't come out, meaning you block the MB teleport punch just like you block the normal teleport punch. Scorpion is at +frames.

tl;dr

vs. Scorpion, end your combos with f22u1. Follow up with ji2 and hit 3 in the air and hold forwards as you land. Depending on the wake-up, you will either get ji2, 3 to hit which can be confirmed into a full combo (spear and hell fire), a wiffed wake-up followed by full-combo punish (flip kick and leg takedown), or a blocked wake-up (teleport, teleport MB and super. regular teleport can be full combo punished).

If he chooses not to do a wake-up, he needs to block the right way or eat ji2, 3 into full combo which will be looped into f22u1 (or a different hard knockdown), ji2, 3 etc.

Owerbart

I miss you
So I got back from my first tournament. I got 3rd out of 21 (probably the best guys in the country, only 2-3 were missing) going full Raven. Lost in winners finals vs an Unnerfed scorpion (yep, they forgot to add the hotfix) and in Losers against Catwoman/Aquaman

My conclusions:
Scorpion is tough, tougher for me because it seems like I'm mentally incapable of blocking his tele. (Although after the game was hotfixed I started to win some matches against him)
Green Lantern and Superman are not scary at all. Pillars FTW
Against Catwoman, the stage becomes crucial.
Raven's not free (as some characters) to Black Adam.
Aquaman: I do believe I lost the matches against him because of childly errors by my part. With a little more of MU experience against him maybe it can be 5.1-4.9 Raven's favor.

Sami

Noob
So I got back from my first tournament. I got 3rd out of 21 (probably the best guys in the country, only 2-3 were missing) going full Raven. Lost in winners finals vs an Unnerfed scorpion (yep, they forgot to add the hotfix) and in Losers against Catwoman/Aquaman

My conclusions:
Scorpion is tough, tougher for me because it seems like I'm mentally incapable of blocking his tele. (Although after the game was hotfixed I started to win some matches against him)
Green Lantern and Superman are not scary at all. Pillars FTW
Against Catwoman, the stage becomes crucial.
Raven's not free (as some characters) to Black Adam.
Aquaman: I do believe I lost the matches against him because of childly errors by my part. With a little more of MU experience against him maybe it can be 5.1-4.9 Raven's favor.
Grats on the podium place :)

Green Lantern: been saying it all along \o/. Raven outzones him without issue. Up close he's a bit of a problem, but there are ways of putting him back full screen.
Superman: same (vs zoning Superman only) \o/
Black Adam: BA is actually quite free to Raven as she has an answer for absolutely everything he can do
Aquaman: Yep this is a very balanced match-up where neither side can afford to make a single mistake

Don't suppose the tourney was videoed/streamed?