What's new

[Aug 31, 2013] Infinite Crisis: 8/31 @ The KN Arena/Marlboro Slaughterhouse! (Marlboro, NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

Address: 2 Timber Lane Door 101 Marlboro, NJ - 07746

$10 Venue Fee
$10 Injustice Fee
Free Mk9 Fee
  • Injustice:GAU will be played on 360 and on Asus monitors with external speakers
  • Casuals start at 4pm and the tournament starts at 8pm.
  • Robin Robin Style Brackets. # divisions of 5-7 players; In each division players will vs each other in a set of 3/5. The person with the most wins of each division will enter the top 8 bracket in winners. The person with the second most wins will enter the top 8 bracket in losers. Each player will play around 5-6 opponents during round robin divisions. *subject to change depending on # of kombatants*
  • There will be a TV dedicated to showcasing upcoming matches. On this screen you can find who you are up against, what time, and what numbered station.
  • Streamed by Kombat Network
SwiftTomHanks and I will be running the brackets as well as commentary. We will not be participating in the actual tournament as we want to put all our focus on making this go as fast and as smooth as possible.

Big thanks to Shock and summoning for allowing this to happen!

I'd like to stress one thing. The tournament will start at 8pm. If you are running late or can't be there before 8pm, please let us know and we will find a way to get you in.

Timetable for NRS related games:
  • 7:00-8:00pm- Mortal Kombat 9 double elimination tournament (ps3) (no entry fee/prize tbd)
  • 7:30-8:00pm- Injustice single elimination character auction event (360) (prize is modded 360) (8 random characters auctioned to enter with a minimum bid of $5)
  • 8:00-10:30pm- Injustice round robin tournament pools (360) ($10 entry, pot split is 70/20/10)
  • 10:30-11:00pm- Injustice top 16
  • 11:00pm: Injustice top 8 (all matches streamed, casuals closed down, popcorn and seats provided to enjoy the show)

RapZiLLa54

Confirmed Players:
1. Reo
2. Brady
3. Cdjr
4. Durtman
5. DarthArma
6. Rico Suave
7. Maxter
8. Crazy Dominican
9. Insuperable
10. Claude VonStroke
11. 7L
12. Kt Smith
13. Scoot Magee
14. SoapBox
15. Ermacio
16. Ozzyguitar
17. Jatsey
18. Sacram
19. Riyo
20. Frantastic
21. Zyphox
22. Uotan
23. Chrispy Creme
24. MikeMetriod

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
will this tournament actually be advertised on frontpage this time?

every1 missed the stream last time cuz no mod gave notice 2 it
Probably not, but were focusing all our attention on the people who actually go and help support the scene first and foremost anyway.

If there is time after or before the round robin style tournament we have another event planned with the grand prize as a modded xbox360 and around 100 games.

The event for the 360 will be an 8 player character auction tournament in which 8 random characters will be chosen via random select, then bided for starting at $5. The highest bidder wins the character to use in a single elimination 8 man bracket that is randomized and not seated.

Some other features Rapzilla can update the initial post with are some key notes we've taken from MLG. There will be a tv dedicated to showcasing upcoming matches. On this screen you can find who you are up against, what time, and what numbered station. We won't be calling out matches one at a time all scattered like at most majors; instead we will do rounds of matches all at once with a few stocked up on stream so there isn't stream downtime. Using the tv to showcase matches everyone stays organized and shits clear as day. I saw a great tweet from CDjr the other week discussing the features that tournaments need to have if they are to be taken seriously; every single one is being taken care for at Infinite Crisis.

Lastly, I'm bringing some of my bartending skills to the tournament with drinks inspired by players and their characters. For underage people a few of the drinks that are made are non alcoholic, and instead, milkshakes. So far the menu consists of: Reo, Brady, KDZ, Shock, and DarthArma.

RapZiLLa54

Lastly, I'm bringing some of my bartending skills to the tournament with drinks inspired by players and their characters. For underage people a few of the drinks that are made are non alcoholic, and instead, milkshakes. So far the menu consists of: Reo, Brady, KDZ, Shock, and DarthArma.
All I know is my drink better be green lmao

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
will this tournament actually be advertised on frontpage this time?

every1 missed the stream last time cuz no mod gave notice 2 it
Last time I was given no notice, missed the entire tournament and was surprised to hear about it afterwards. Nothing I could do after the fact :(

Mods can't do anything if we aren't even told the stream is happening!

redeyes

Button Masher
i gotta talk to my niggas but im tryin to make this.

if we do show we may be a few mins late cause my friend doesnt get off work till 7

then we gotta drive from maple shade.

RapZiLLa54

i gotta talk to my niggas but im tryin to make this.

if we do show we may be a few mins late cause my friend doesnt get off work till 7

then we gotta drive from maple shade.
We will put you guys in the later brackets if thats the case. Once you know if you are let me know the names of the players coming so I can officially add them to the list.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Last time I was given no notice, missed the entire tournament and was surprised to hear about it afterwards. Nothing I could do after the fact :(

Mods can't do anything if we aren't even told the stream is happening!
Don't you live in jersey? You should stop by and stop being a stream monster. Ill buy you pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.