What's new

Strategy Attacks for opponents frozen on ground

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
In the rare cases where you get an opponent frozen on the ground so that high attacks whiff is there a good combo to use? Usually I end up using Forward 4, 1+2 but it doesn't set anything up and the recovery on 1+2 is slow enough that I think a few wakeup attacks can actually punish it (though I may be wrong).

I normally just do (2),2,4 xx Slide or (2),1,4 xx Slide. There's probably something better, though, so I'll try later if I remember.

Hates

Noob
It really depends on how low they're frozen. If Kung Lao teleports onto a clone, for example, I think your best bet is taking a slide and pushing wakeup off of the untechable knockdown.

Do 212 slide. the 12 slide will hit. This is the best I've figured out. If whiff 2 14 slide works midscreen that's obviously better.

Njp does hit pretty far down though so if they're not terribly low you can still scoop them up into a full combo.

Durango

Enhancer
Or you could just wait for them to unfreeze while you're charging up a B2, then dash in for a normal combo.

Just saying...

Or you could just wait for them to unfreeze while you're charging up a B2, then dash in for a normal combo.

Just saying...
The unblockable is not guaranteed and if it's off an ice clone the timing can be very hard to tell. Also, often the opponent will be considered airborne. For example, if Noob tries to teleport behind you but you have an ice clone there, he will get stuck in the ground but if you don't combo him he'll get knocked down.