What's new

At full screen

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm a fairly inexperienced ST player. I'm doing really well I just feel like I lack more common knowledge about a few things. Today I'm wondering about his full screen zoning.

If I got them back there off of skull juggles I'll start with D,U,2 to make them stay put, then I'll throw out 2 far ground skulls, then a straight skull. If it hits, I'll repeat, if not I'll throw in a mid ground skull and then maybe repeat...

I know it all kind of depends, but I wanted to ask experienced ST players how they do their zoning. How do you start? What's the game plan you use? Thanks.

JrK

Probably Drunk
It depends on who it is. If it's someone with a teleport I use ground and forward skulls more. Usually after the second ground skull they've timed out when they're going to port so I throw in a straight skull which seems to mess their timing up.

If it isn't a teleporter I just go crazy with all of the fireballs. I do my best to keep it semi random so I can't be read. If they're pinned full screen they're getting frustrated and little randomness goes a long way.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I usually throw a far gskull then a close one just to mess with their reads, then if I sense a jump in or dash ill throw a mid gskull.. all depends on what hes doing but I dont usually do a pattern to avoid good reads from him. But I usually start with far gskull for the chip damage.

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
it all really depends if you read them good, with the ground skulls, though good ones to use would be, (ground) all, (air) infront, ontop. if you see a pattern with their moving then it works much better then you trowing out your same skull placements. PEOPLE WITH NO TELEPORT: forward skulls are good to keep them at bay while you pelt alot of ground skulls at them, also the ontop and infront air skulls are good for pressure when you sorta want them to stay there, or atleast with the front skull you can trick them into thinking twice about some things. when they close in if they rush block, which is hard for a st player if they do get in, up skulls into a jump in is usefulpressure . TELEPORTERS: alot of ontop air skulls are good for these guys, and ground skulls are a read thing... I usually do alot of air against people with these becuase if they do teleport you have a better chance that the air skull will hit them, thus leading into many good things... but the ontop air skull can also knock them out of things like ns teleport which grabs you. P.S mileena :effyou:

upskulls everywhere, against certain matchups (smoke, scorpion, ermac, kung lao[?]) the behind skulls very useful, against none teleporters above skull then ground skull with some straight skulls every now and then to prevent slides etc

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
upskulls everywhere, against certain matchups (smoke, scorpion, ermac, kung lao[?]) the behind skulls very useful, against none teleporters above skull then ground skull with some straight skulls every now and then to prevent slides etc
ahh wahh? :O at the behind skulls, i haven't explored enough with it... if it does hit scorpion from his teleport, smoke, and kl.. then i'll have to find good ways to put that into somthing.

ahh wahh? :O at the behind skulls, i haven't explored enough with it... if it does hit scorpion from his teleport, smoke, and kl.. then i'll have to find good ways to put that into somthing.
im not sure for KL because the downskull has to be leading for it to hit them, maybe against EX spins. behind skull works on smoke, ive done it a lot (in front skull for when they do that little warp thing). but i never really tried it against anyone else. EX downskull works wonders though

except against smoke :(
The trick to smoke players is to play mind games and let them think its safe to teleport and jus F4,3,DU4 theyre ass... and put them back in the corner... then

I tend to throw alotta far gskulls and overheads.. and once in a while when theyre on the ground, ill ex gskulls

kandehbar

The Gryphon
nah hell just smoke toward you to get in your face if you read teleports. thats what i do. and smoke bomb wins at trades every time.

The way to beat smoke with shang is by grabbing at close range and keeping smoke with in the mid far range you dont want to be exact mid cause his b2 over head has lots of reach and is retarded fast. and you dont want to be at full screen cause hell just shake dash cancel you and trade with smoke bombs all day. you need to be within max range soul steal

oh. no i was saying smoke doesnt stay full screen, hes the only one i cant keep out (besides those pesky hat people lol).

i think IF downskulls stop smoke forward, all it is from there is reading/baiting teles correctly lol