LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Ask any questions you have about Kano here
Answered questions will be listed A-Z on first post
Be sure to look for your question before asking

C
Corner Most Damage?
0 Meter - JP-b1,1,2-2,1,2-2,1,2-b1-2-upball 40%
1 Meter - f+3,b+2, NJP, slight dash forward f+4~EX Knive, 2,1,2, b+1,2~upball 51%

L​
*Low Starter?
F3 B2 launches
R​
*Resets?
None known or exist

cyke_out

Noob
You are asking Kano directly?

"Oi, I ain't got no bloomin' resets, mate, dem's for fuckin' pussies, too 'fraid of a wakin up swing. 'Course I got meself a damned low starter. I kicks da bugga in da shin with f+3, and then 'eadbutt da bastard wit b+2. Launches in da air quick n easy."

Ruuku1012

Real Talker

"Oi, I ain't got no bloomin' resets, mate, dem's for fuckin' pussies, too 'fraid of a wakin up swing. 'Course I got meself a damned low starter. I kicks da bugga in da shin with f+3, and then 'eadbutt da bastard wit b+2. Launches in da air quick n easy."
ROFL I would have liked it if his choke left the opponent standing and gave options like Johnny Cage's nut punch though.

Lmao thats definetly what he'd say lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I would have liked it if his choke left the opponent standing and gave options like Johnny Cage's nut punch though.
Yes, I have to agree there, the nut punch reset is just so satisfying...really I wouldn't even touch JC if he didn't have it. I love Kano's choke but I do wish that it left them standing.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
kano does have a pseudo-reset with his new ex knife. you can do b11/21/3 xx exknife dash for mixups since you get so much advantage up close on an exknife. you can get b2 or f3 in before the opponent has enough frames to attack you; b11 exknife does 20%, 21 and 3 both do 18%. not very sure if it's all that practical but it does exist :p

cyke_out

Noob
You can't cancel a cannonball once it's going. it'll either hit your opponent or roll you into a corner.

you can aim an air cannonball to land on the ground without hitting your opponent, it has to be done at the rignt distance and angle.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
Hmmm thats strange, i did it yesterday per accident.... he flys 2 meter and stopped, i was mashing the buttons at this time, so i can´t tell what i did...

i will try it in the lab later, but maybe it was only a bug or some other shit =)

cyke_out

Noob
Ball canceling would be amazing, stopping right in front of them to open up some mix-ups, Kano would be like a mini-Kabal.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
most damaging

midscreen?
meterless
1 meter
2 meter
3 meter

corner?
meterless
1 meter
2 meter
3 meter

most advantage
midscreen?
corner?

best mixups?

general strategy
rushing?
zoning?
...?

first post will be updated with the answers and thank you in advance

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
most damaging

midscreen?
meterless
1 meter
2 meter
3 meter

corner?
meterless
1 meter
2 meter
3 meter

most advantage
midscreen?
corner?

best mixups?

general strategy
rushing?
zoning?
...?

first post will be updated with the answers and thank you in advance
???

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
i noticed something while in the lab with kano
after 2 sets of juggles in the corner an uppercut (d2) makes the opponent fly straight up instead of the usual flyback to the other side of the screen

example
2,1,2-uppercut....opponents flys back

2,1,2-2,1,2-uppercut..... opponents flys straight up

2,12-2,1,2-2,1,2-uppercut........opponents flys straight up

ect.

my question is... can anything be followed after an uppercut done after 2 sets of juggles in the corner?
uhhh... like can anything be followed after 2,1,2-2,1,2-d2 in the corner?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
any answers to my previous question yet?

also, what is the timing for connecting things after an exknife in a combo?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
I can't test anything until this weekend but maybe try to connect 1 or d1 after the uppercut.
thanks

i just seen your postpatch video on youtube and damn ese, dats watsup

can u explain the pressure with exknife to me?

... and f u could share how the timing is after exknife for combos

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
some replys would realy be helpful

timing after exknife for combos?
Kano's frametraps?
Kano's best pressure?

i noticed something while in the lab with kano
after 2 sets of juggles in the corner an uppercut (d2) makes the opponent fly straight up instead of the usual flyback to the other side of the screen

example
2,1,2-uppercut....opponents flys back

2,1,2-2,1,2-uppercut..... opponents flys straight up

2,12-2,1,2-2,1,2-uppercut........opponents flys straight up

ect.

my question is... can anything be followed after an uppercut done after 2 sets of juggles in the corner?
uhhh... like can anything be followed after 2,1,2-2,1,2-d2 in the corner?
This isn't really consistent for me. About 20% of the time with a regular 212 212 UC, the opponent doesn't fly straight up after and flies out of the corner. Don't know what changes it, it might be the height they're at when you uppercut.

But when they do stay in the corner, you can not do any move after it. 11 whiffs, upball doesn't come out, d1 doesn't come out, f1 whiffs, b1 whiffs. If you were able to move a little back quick enough after the uppercut, you could get these moves off, but Kano's uppercut has a lot of recovery time. Characters like Mileena and Ermac can uppercut and continue combos, so far Kano can not.