What's new

Aside From Your Mains, What Other Characters Are You Interested In Playing?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just some fun discussion on what other characters look appealing to you. Aside from Reptile, I'm really interested in playing Kotal Kahn, he has some very interesting gameplay.

NKZero

Noob
Apart from my main Reptile, I will play Sub Zero, at least Grandmaster variation.

I can't play now without cowering behind an ice clone lol. Fuck footsies.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Kung Lao looks way to much fun to ignore. Scorpion obviously cause.. Its Scorpion. Ermac as I did enjoy his playstyle in MK9 and Raven in Injustice. Storm Lord Raiden has some of my interest as well. Characters that are new like Cassie and Kotal seem fun as well. My list will probably get bigger as more characters are announced. I'm personally hoping for Erron Black and Takeda the son of Kenshi. :)

Never played an MK game seriously enough to have a main, but since I used Ermac the most in MK9 I will try to learn some combos. Also very interested in Quan Chi (surprising, since I hated him in MK9). Kitana looks cool too.

Edit: Oh shoot, forgot Kung Lao too.

I$AAC

Noob
Besides Kano I would like to use Sub, Goro and Quan chi. And if they are in the game I would use Reiko and Erron Black

Espio

Kokomo
Aside from Goro and Cassie, I am looking at dabbling with at least one variation of every character in the game, everyone looks exquisite thus far. Special look at Cryomancer Sub-Zero though.

Main: character I deem to be most mmhy/kabal , I like a lot of tools

secondaries: appealing play styles who I think are overlooked

Characters I'll take a look at:

Raiden: I played him for quite sometime and feel like I get him

Reptile: looks to good @dribirut

Quan cheese: I love shooting stuff and I have vortex ideas

Kung Lao: he looks to crazy to pass on

Zoning var. of scorpion

Unbreakable sub

Most likely newer chars

If there is a sindel type I'll take a look

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I hoping to main one of Quan Chi's variations but there are so many options that it's overwhelming. I'll definitely have a good look at Scorpion. He always looks very interesting. Then there's Ermac who was my secondary in MK9 and he is a character that I like anyway. Raiden looks great this time round so I'll take a look at him as well. From the newcomers Kotal looks the most interesting so I might check him out. I'm also waiting for classics such as Shang, Noob, and Sektor. I'll definitely try them if they make it.

But what I realized playing MK9 is that I'm not one of those people who can play a lot of characters well. I might scope out some characters at the beginning but that's just for the first 2 or 3 weeks. After that I'll just pick out a couple of variations and stick to them.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Didn't play mk9 enough to have a main but Iv got a rough plan. I will go into practice and one by one play a bit with each character. Basics, specials, try and lookup bnbs online etc. I'm not good enough to just play anyone and be good like some people seem to be, so I will have to find one that feels right. After narrowing down to 5-10 or so that I like I'll keep narrowing till I can find a couple or so to focus on. I have to feel comfortable with that character and the play style or it will feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. It has to flow. Be like water.

Ermac and Reptile. That's literally about it. I mean, sure, I'll go through the Ladder with every character at some point, but I'm just gonna be sticking to Kotal Kahn.

However, if any MK 4 characters get revealed, I'll be hyped as fuck to try them out. (I'm lookin' at you, Shinnok.)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Much like MK9 and most fighting games I play, I plan to learn 80% of the cast and be able to be decent with them but have a group of mains that I put the most work in with.

So far my main collective is: Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah. Hilariously, I'm the most interested in the new characters more than anyone. Goro is also pretty much a lock as one of my mains as well.

from there, the characters so far that i'll give the most attention to going from most interested and committed to least interested and committed:
Kano, Quan Chi(Warlock), Subzero(Cryomancer), Raiden, Reptile(Deceptive), Ermac(Mystic), Cassie(Hollywood).