What's new

Ashrah General Discussion

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
Looks fine I suppose, not having the hat be prominently displayed is a crime. It just sucks that by the time we finally get 3D era characters back it is in some wacko universe where the original MK context, and thus everything about their characters you may have liked, no longer applies. Ashrah had a more interesting backstory than moat.

xX_APO_Prince_Xx

I need no further sophistication.
I love her resdesign, I think it's a good take on her alternate costume in Deception imo, I loved the default one with the hat but I think her redesign omitted it to focus on her Demon esque features more, the hat imo would have been too much

I'm kinda happy they went with a somewhat human and somewhat demonic appearance this time around since her purely human appearance in her original debut didn't really match up with her Netherrealm Demon origins imo.

Plus I feel her story will be better now, back then she was basically an unwilling slave, had evil sisters and her main storyline was having the Kriss sword that led her closer and closer to leaving the Netherrealm by killing demons, kinda boring imo. Now at least she'll be able to assist the others rather than being boxed into her own corner with no way to make her story more interesting.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
She looks fine, the Kriss is no longer a dagger and this time it's a sword, the voodo doll it's missing from her moveset or fatalities, and she doesn't even has her classic special moves, nor even the upward blast, so i dunno what to think of her as of now, she seems to be footsies heavy with that kriss range, making a strong ressemblance to Fujin Chinese kung fu but female edition.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I adore her design. She's perfectly odd looking with her eyes, scars, and ridges while still maintaining her classic purity and regalness. Very obvious that she isn't truly human which I appreciate. MORE MONSTER GIRLS PLEASE, NRS.

The #1 most important thing from her gameplay shown is that she isn't just Definitely-Not-Kung-Lao now. I saw no hat spin, forward charging spin, or generic light projectile. The Kriss is now her core fighting style and while sword swinging aint the most visually exciting thing to me, at least it's unique within the MK1 environment.

Thrilled to have her and will definitely give her a shot, but I hope there's more to her than just sword swinging. The currently unexplained white flame and dark auras on her weapon give me hope that she has some unique holy/unholy resource she can build up & expend. That, or stance swapping which I always love. She's for sure on the list for day 1 labbing alongside Rain and Kitana.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ashrah's returned combined with the Cyrax Kameo is easily one of the happiest moments of my video game related life.
Imagine waiting almost 20 years for something, and then having it be even better than you had allowed yourself to hope for.

I adore her design. She's perfectly odd looking with her eyes, scars, and ridges while still maintaining her classic purity and regalness. Very obvious that she isn't truly human which I appreciate. MORE MONSTER GIRLS PLEASE, NRS.

The #1 most important thing from her gameplay shown is that she isn't just Definitely-Not-Kung-Lao now. I saw no hat spin, forward charging spin, or generic light projectile. The Kriss is now her core fighting style and while sword swinging aint the most visually exciting thing to me, at least it's unique within the MK1 environment.

Thrilled to have her and will definitely give her a shot, but I hope there's more to her than just sword swinging. The currently unexplained white flame and dark auras on her weapon give me hope that she has some unique holy/unholy resource she can build up & expend. That, or stance swapping which I always love. She's for sure on the list for day 1 labbing alongside Rain and Kitana.
Agreed on all fronts. Popped super big when I saw they leaned into the Oni Demoness face. Between the Kriss movement and the Purple Aura, her moveset looks like if you gave Robin in Injustice 2 the Light/Dark powers of MKX Dualist Liu Kang.

#HatTierWomensChamp
#TakeYourChaosElsewhere

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She looks good and cool, a total update for her in this new era, and for the new game

They just have shown very little, but , I liked her combo potential, and her aggressive gameplay :)

She looks a badass female in this game, cannot wait for more of her gameplay .... I just think her, in old 3D games , was kinda bland and meh generic, but, this overhaul for MK 1 was pretty well done, and now, I have interesting in this character !

Her angelic mixed with demonic features is kinda nice also .... something almost as come from a Constantine movie, hehe :p

xX_APO_Prince_Xx

I need no further sophistication.
I'm hoping she'll gain some of her old light based attacks from Deception tho, I like her wielding her Kriss sword but it'd definitely be alot more exciting for her to have access to the specials she had back then, I loved her one projectile where she shot it in the air and it honed in on where her foe was which made constantly moving against her mandatory and I loved her spin cycle attack.

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
She's gonna be one of my mains for sure

I want to learn more about her gameplay mechanics. Seems like she can switch stances (light and darkness), but we don't know if it's going to be like two different playstyles or just change some stats. Kombat Kast needed here.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Some people suggested Sareena and Nitara are her sisters, that could be cool!
I don't think it means sisters by blood. If Ashrah was a member of the Brotherhood of the Shadow (or something similar in this new reality) then Sareena would be one of her "sisters".

Unless Nitara's origin was rewritten, I don't think she's related to Ashrah at all.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't think it means sisters by blood. If Ashrah was a member of the Brotherhood of the Shadow (or something similar in this new reality) then Sareena would be one of her "sisters".

Unless Nitara's origin was rewritten, I don't think she's related to Ashrah at all.
Yea I’m sure she’s talking about Sareena, Kia and Jataaka.

Ashrah wiped out a majority of Nitara’s race, and they have beef, so I don’t think she would be talking about Nitara when she mentioned her sisters

But it’s a new era so who knows.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
seem her and her demon sisters are basically identical lore wise... and Havik as well... from what we see in this trailer.... there is a possibility Liu Kang's hourglass powers does not re-write the entire universe, only his bit of it and interdimensional places like Hell and the ChaosRealm could be uneffected.... possibly opening up lots of classic character stories for bad guys being recruited into the fight.

i was really looking forward to her, but now i'm a bit sceptical about her overall color scheme and the fact that she seems to have no more lightning powers but rushdown-only gameplay. but well, i'm still intrigued and the trailer just showed little.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I have mixed feelings about her.

I really wanted Ashrah to be in game, but maybe I overpromised to myself that she will look more like in the AI images and/or will get some more voodoo-ish stuff in her gimmick. Yet, they created her as a sort of semi-angelic babe with very disturbing D'Vorah vibe in her face.
And I get the former-demon backstory, which is actually one of the best for the MK standards, but at the same time her visuals are not appealing to me as it could. I know it's just me, but I kind of don't like the small detail that her kriss is not a dagger anymore and she is just a sword-lady. I will definitely giver her a chance, but I would never expect that out of two: Li Mei & Ashrah, I'd be now more interested in trying out the first one.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
She's easily my favorite reveal so far.
I LOVE that they went with the demonic features. I've always loved her original idea of demon turned monster slayer, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense that she just looked human. I'm also glad the hat is coming back, even if it's not in her main skin.

We haven't seen a lot from her in terms of special moves, but I'm really excited for the demonic attacks with the sword. Maybe it's a stance, maybe it's something else, but it's very exciting. I'm very curious to see what we're gonna get in terms of specials/projectiles.

Her throw animation is my favorite thing ever. Just amazing. Reminds me a bit of old Fiora ult, for those who play League, except it's way cooler.

Day 1 main for sure. I never thought I'd see her again, but she's back and she's so awesome. Just makes me even more excited to see what they did with Nitara. If there's something NRS does really fucking well apparently, it's redesigning old characters. I've loved every new take on an older character I've seen so far this game.

Also, I rarely got excited for fatalities anymore since, like. MK9, but they're so good this game. Most fatals we've seen so far are just top tier.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I can't pinpoint what it is about her exactly, but it was love at first sight lmao. I still wish NRS would give their female characters different body types and wouldn't be afraid of giving their women abs but, I think she has the most unique design so far. This demon/angel dichotomy.

I've said before I'd main Ashrah instantly if NRS ever brought her back, so here I am already betrothed

I'm obviously miffed about the missing hat. Which sounds silly, but Raiden fans and Lao fans would lose their shit for the same reason. I'm glad it appears to be a costume option.

Her fighting style looks like Xianghua from Soul Calibur.