What's new

Are you planning to Play Injustice on Pad or Stick?

Which do you plan on using to play Injustice?

• Pad

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • Stick

Votes: 71 50.0%

• Total voters

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I want to play pad, but if there are 2 button moves and no button binding then I'll have to keep using my sticks :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Madcatz SF pad.

I was actually thinking of getting one of those!

Can you possibly give me a rundown on what you like/dislike about it? I really wanted to grab one for Tekken, but from all the pictures, that pad doesn't look too comfortable. How is it compared to a PS3 controller?

I was actually thinking of getting one of those!

Can you possibly give me a rundown on what you like/dislike about it? I really wanted to grab one for Tekken, but from all the pictures, that pad doesn't look too comfortable. How is it compared to a PS3 controller?
I can share my experiences with it, as a long time pad player its similarity to the old saturn pad which is still my fav of all pads is a very big plus and it's layout is quite possibly its best trait and I think it as one of the best pads for fighters out their shape wise(analog stick pad users will probably not find much merit her, all d pad all the way.)

That said it has a very big downside in a very weak dpad and I have heard of many people have only gotten so much use out of it before the down gets stuck or other such issues. I am nowadays primarily a stick user, but have often considerd trying their latest line as quite simply, pads are much easier to bring to tourneys and their new line finally has the ps versions wired instead of wireless(what were they thinking?). I believe the new line is also smaller which is a good thing as the old run could feel a bit big in my hands(and I'm 6'5" that's not easy, though a mate of mine is a fervent user of the pads and 2 heads shorter, so it's not a bad thing perse)

I dont know how much better the survivability is of the new dpads, but those might be worth checking out if you like pads.

Compared to a PS pad it is a larger distance between your hands, but the Dpad feels much better to me and 6 face buttons and 2 triggers is my preference. It might feel a bit lighter in the hands though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I wish the MVC3 fight pad had been worth a damn. The thing had microswitches and an extended handle so you could play pad, but still piano the buttons stick style if needed due to the increased grip length.

Problem is its buttons felt loose as hell due to poor mounting measurements so they could break and they used a thumbstick. A THUMBSTICK. This thing could become a good design with sooooo few changes. Put in a decent Dpad, and adjust the casing to better mount the buttons and you would have my preferred fight pad.

shaowebb

That reminds me...I need to make a new stick graphic for this game. I'm not tossing my Iron Fist TE stick though. I'll just repurpose my MLP fightstick.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
With the sort of inputs they have in this (D,B,F) I'm not sure how well I'd do with a stick. Gonna stick with the pad for a while.
you know you can put quarter circle motions in injustice right? its been said many times you don't have to stick with d,b,f you can go qcf for fireball instead of d f.

shaowebb

you know you can put quarter circle motions in injustice right? its been said many times you don't have to stick with d,b,f you can go qcf for fireball instead of d f.
Pretty much while I'll play this on a stick. I do better with a stick than a pad honestly. I just wish that pad had been good for stuff like MK9. I still got one of the original pads for 360 with the jank dpad.

Zyphox

I don't own a stick and I really don't plan to anyway. Even though mk is so lenient with directions that I could do basic bnb combos after about 15 minutes of practice on the arcade box at GGA I still don't want to use a stick when a pad I don't need to practice using, I can just practice the game I'm playing.
yeah thats the easy part is doing combos on a stick, i was a pad warrior forever until recently, got myself a madcatz mlg stick and it took me two weeks to get used to playing footsies and counter poking and dashing lol. hell am still not completely 100% on stick because i keep going back to pad when i lose to a scruby online i would have destroyed on pad.

My suggestion for all of you is if you are going to use stick and was a pad warrior prior, stick with the stick lol. don't go back to playing pad, 1) you will notice that pad drops inputs more frequently and now the timing you were developing on stick just leaves. 2) you will neverget used to stick if you keep switching between both.

No.

As for the controller question, I think it's a matter of personal preference. I'd love to try both a hitbox and a stick but I cannot get either in my country so I'm stuck with my "trusty" ds3.
Where the hell do you live North Korea? I see you are on the internet, why can't you just order one? Over!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I want to try the Injustice stick but can't afford it right now, dammit!

Zyphox

I want to try the Injustice stick but can't afford it right now, dammit!
i know i spent over $200 dollars buying the stick addition for the xbox 360, and the collectors addition with the statue for the ps3 cuz i already have a stick on ps3 and don't feel like modding it LOL.

Reedoms

Noob
I posted that about 6 months ago when we didn't know that was possible. Still probably gonna stick with a controller though. Don't feel like relearning all the other games I play with a stick.

Zyphox

I posted that about 6 months ago when we didn't know that was possible. Still probably gonna stick with a controller though. Don't feel like relearning all the other games I play with a stick.
yeah but then why did you say the reason was because of the d b f motions when you knew this already?

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I will be getting the Battle Edition and playing on a stick I hate pads for fighting games

Flagg

Noob
On MK 9 I can only really play CSZ, Kano and Ermac on a stick, and I can only play characters like Skarlet and Sindel on a pad.

I'll give both a go, but may revert back to pad if I get this game.