What's new

Are there larger TVs than the Asus monitors that have the same input lag?

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Simply put, playing on the asus monitors for the first couple times has been a big change in my timing. I'm used to my panny plasma but I'm due for an upgrade and I would like to get a Tv that mimics the input lag of the asus monitors. Does anyone have any recommendations? Does anyone have any experience with sharp tvs vyperdrive?

Or do all the top players just practice on CRTs or asus monitors? I'd prefer to play on a big hdtv, so I'm exploring that option first.

Thanks

My Vizio has zero lag, I got it on sale about 7 months ago and it is 480 hrz, and on game mode, or regular mode, it has no lag. My buddy has a lg with button lag so I can tell. The picture on standard tv does not look that great though,but HD looks good.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
if they have specs on the tv, look for something that has 2ms response time, thats the response time of all lagless monitors, everything else is looks and colors and shit,

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
if they have specs on the tv, look for something that has 2ms response time, thats the response time of all lagless monitors, everything else is looks and colors and shit,
I heard the 2ms has nothing to do with it. A manufacture does not list it as a spec. Actually after viewing the link maybe that is it haha. I will try to find the link with a bunch of lagless monitors and if any tvs...

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database.145141/

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
yah im not sure if Tv's list that spec, but they do have Response times, and thats what you wanna know.
response time is the measurement it takes a pixel to go from white to black and back to white (or was it the other way around?). High response times create this "ghosting" effect.
input lag is the measurement it takes the screen to show your input'd commands.

Two different things.

aj1701

Noob
KI
response time is the measurement it takes a pixel to go from white to black and back to white (or was it the other way around?). High response times create this "ghosting" effect.
input lag is the measurement it takes the screen to show your input'd commands.

Two different things.

But both are important.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
indeed, but most TVs and monitors come with a 2ms or 3ms response times anyway.
when i was looking for mine, lots of them did not have 2ms or 3ms. I went with Asus 2ms because I was told they are the best, and the EVO standard, and it has not dissapointed me. I have no idea about TV's. I play on a sony bravia 32in HDTV and it's not bad, but I notice the difference between it and the Asus.

Medina4life

Media Master
My Vizio has zero lag, I got it on sale about 7 months ago and it is 480 hrz, and on game mode, or regular mode, it has no lag. My buddy has a lg with button lag so I can tell. The picture on standard tv does not look that great though,but HD looks good.
any HD monitor has at least some lag

Simply put, playing on the asus monitors for the first couple times has been a big change in my timing. I'm used to my panny plasma but I'm due for an upgrade and I would like to get a Tv that mimics the input lag of the asus monitors. Does anyone have any recommendations? Does anyone have any experience with sharp tvs vyperdrive?
Here is a list of sub 1 frame HD monitors, I have the Asus Ml24, works amazing
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database.145141/

Like Esku said, input delay and input lag are 2 diff things, this link will explain a lot