What's new

Match-up Discussion Aquaman Matchup Discussion

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Gl does have air Oa rocket but with proper timing, aquaman can get a trade on it with his trident throw everytime. Its a patient match based on who gets the life lead first and hold it longer imo.

187x

Noob
Gl does have air Oa rocket but with proper timing, aquaman can get a trade on it with his trident throw everytime. Its a patient match based on who gets the life lead first and hold it longer imo.
exactly. Shit is 5-5 i don't want to here it from aquaman players. This mu is all about patience

Nah, son. GL is actually my 2nd in command. A proper GL will control the space so that you're either forced to block the air rocket or forced to forward or backdash. The start up for both for trident and air rocket are similar but timing a trident is too unreliable to fire one off without worrying about whiffing or trading. If you assume that the AM player can time a trident perfectly to hit the GL player, you have to assume that the GL player knows that sweet spot, about mid-screen away from AM, where he can safely fire off a rocket. I still think GL has the slight advantage.

So is there a zoning character that has an advantaged matchup vs Aquaman? or is there a character that most Aquamen fear in general? Seems he has a very flat MU chart and can just win on skill.

Wasted

Noob
So, I'm at work now, but this morning I found Superman's grounded lasers are -24 and -20 on block. Is this accurate, can Arthur free punish them with From the Deep? I can't trust the frame data from in-game.

So, I'm at work now, but this morning I found Superman's grounded lasers are -24 and -20 on block. Is this accurate, can Arthur free punish them with From the Deep? I can't trust the frame data from in-game.
yeah, the non-meter burned version can be punished with FtD. Just be careful with heat zap though, if it hits you from further than mid-screen, you can't punish it you BLOCK but if you time a duck properly, you can.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Nah, son. GL is actually my 2nd in command. A proper GL will control the space so that you're either forced to block the air rocket or forced to forward or backdash. The start up for both for trident and air rocket are similar but timing a trident is too unreliable to fire one off without worrying about whiffing or trading. If you assume that the AM player can time a trident perfectly to hit the GL player, you have to assume that the GL player knows that sweet spot, about mid-screen away from AM, where he can safely fire off a rocket. I still think GL has the slight advantage.
My theory: if first hit goes to GL its 5-5 maybe slight adv for GL
if the hit goes to AM its 6-4 Aquaman, but still it could go either way...depends on how well educated the AM player is

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Don't know if this was already discussed but how do you approach the HG matchup? Ground game is easy for me but I sorta go full retard when she is in the air. Any tips?

Espio

Kokomo
exactly +1. Lol

This made me laugh for some reason.

Don't know if this was already discussed but how do you approach the HG matchup? Ground game is easy for me but I sorta go full retard when she is in the air. Any tips?

Water shield is basically lights out to mace toss zoning and it might seem obvious, but very few if any Aquaman players ever use this to deal with Hawkgirl in the air chucking maces, but I think it's a huge tool in the match up especially if you have a lifelead.

If she tries hovering around you carelessly snipe her with his down 2. Since trait doesn't last forever try to pick up on her patterns for flight and attempt to check or punish her with from the deep when she comes out of trait. It has some recovery frames.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Water shield is basically lights out to mace toss zoning and it might seem obvious, but very few if any Aquaman players ever use this to deal with Hawkgirl in the air chucking maces, but I think it's a huge tool in the match up especially if you have a lifelead.

If she tries hovering around you carelessly snipe her with his down 2. Since trait doesn't last forever try to pick up on her patterns for flight and attempt to check or punish her with from the deep when she comes out of trait. It has some recovery frames.

Wait d2 catches HG fly? What the fuck hitbox? That changes everything for me haha. Also the water shield tech is a nice find. Going to mess around with that when I get a chance. Thanks man.

Espio

Kokomo
Wait d2 catches HG fly? What the fuck hitbox? That changes everything for me haha. Also the water shield tech is a nice find. Going to mess around with that when I get a chance. Thanks man.

Not max height, but anywhere else in flight it does.

You're welcome :).

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I think f3 and maybe b3 catches Hawk Girl when she is at the top of her flight too.