What's new

[Apr 12, 2013] Texas Showdown 2013 (Houston, Texas)

On April 12-13, 2013, Texas Showdown returns to its roots and now is 100% player run! We're excited to announce the long running tournament series to Houston for three full days of fighting games mania! With original founders Javier 'Javi' Moreno and Chris 'Ranma0005' Chou back at the helm, Texas Showdown aims to once again be one of the premier tournaments in the United States.

Why should you go to Texas Showdown now?

The gang is back!
With Javi and Ranma0005 now having 100% complete control of the tournament, we will maintain excellence and a dedication to the tournament like the way it first started.

Fighting Game Community
Many top fighting game players have visited our tournaments in the past to show their support and skills with the games that they love to compete in. Many friendships and contacts have been made in the tournament series. You may just find your next rival here!

Competition
Texas has been home to many top players around. With a state as big as Texas, can you doubt that?

Broadcasting/Streaming
Texas Showdown 2013 will be streamed, live as the action happens! Stay tuned for updates!

Official Texas Showdown 2013 Trailer:
Coming soon!

Feature Game Lineup
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012(Xbox 360)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(Xbox 360)
Street Fighter x Tekken (XBox 360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2(PS3)
Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
King of Fighters XIII(PS3)
Mortal Kombat(PS3)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo(Arcade)
Dead or Alive 5(PS3)
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (PS3)
Soul Calibur V(PS3)
Skull Girls(PS3)

Exhibitions:
TBA

Schedule:
Friday
i. Check In(12-5pm)
ii. Side Tournaments(5pm-12am)
7pm - DOA5(PS3)
9pm - GG(PS3)
iii. Main Tournament Pool play(KOF/P4U/???)(6pm-12am)
6pm-9pm - P4U(PS3)
9pm-12am - KOF(PS3)

Saturday
i. Main Tournament Pool play (Capcom/Tekken/MK)(8am-8:30pm)
8am-10am – Warm ups
10am-12:30pm – SFxT(360)
12:30pm-3pm – TTT2(PS3)
3pm-5:30pm – AE2012(Xbox)
4pm-7pm – MK9(PS3)
5:30pm-8:30pm – UMvC3(Xbox)
ii. Side Games
1pm - SC5(PS3)
4pm - ST(Arcade)
7pm - SG(PS3)
10pm - GG top 8
iii. Friday Main Tournament Finals(8pm-12am)
Top 8 from Friday
P4U - 8pm-10pm
KOF - 10pm-12am

Sunday
i. Saturday Main Tournament Top 8(10am-12am)[Main]
Top 8 from Saturday
10am-12:30pm – MK9
12:30pm-3pm – TTT2
3pm-5:30pm – SFxT 2013
5:30pm-8pm – AE 2012
8pm-10:30pm – UMvC3

Sponsors
Insomnia Video Game Culture
more coming soon!

Prize Distribution:
  • -SSF4:AE and Ultimate MvC3 – If 128 but under 256 entrants – Top 8 pay out – 1st (60%), 2nd (20%), 3rd (10%), 4th (4%), 5th (2%), 6th (2%), 7th (1%), 8th (1%). If 256 entrants – Top 16 pay out – prize distribution TBA
  • -TTT2, P4A, VF5:FS, KOFXIII, DOA5, SCV – Top 8 pay out – 1st (60%), 2nd (20%), 3rd (10%), 4th (4%), 5th (2%), 6th (2%), 7th (1%), 8th (1%)
  • -SG, MK, SSF2T, PSABR – Top 4 pay out – 1st(65%), 2nd(20%), 3rd(10%), 4th(5%)
Official Site:
http://www.txshowdown.com/

Online Registration Page:
https://txshowdown.com/default.aspx?MenuItemID=195

• Standard Registration (Feb 1 - Feb 28): $30 registration fee, plus $10 per game.
  • Late Registration (March 1 - March 31): $40 registration fee, plus $10 per game.
  • On-Site Registration(April 12 Only!): $50 registration fee, plus $10 per game.
Spectator Fee:
  • On-Site Spectator Fee: 3 Day Pass: $5
  • Spectator fee applies to all attendees not participating in any headliner games.
  • Kids 12 years or younger are free, with adult supervision. (Not eligible for complimentary raffle)
Date:
April 12-14 2013

Venue:
Crowne Plaza, Galleria Area
7611 Katy Fwy
Houston, TX 77024

Web Site: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/houston/houtg/hoteldetail
Parking is free, Valet is optional.

Food and Beverage:
Oak Room Sports Bar and Grill - in the hotel
Fast Food: Jack in the Box, Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Quiznos, Panda Express within 5 minutes
Sit down Restauants: WIngs-N-More, Cafe Adobe, Kpop, Red Robin, Dave & Buster's, all within 5 minutes

Airports:
Houston Hobby (HOU)
Bush Intercontinental (IAH)

Hotel Rates:
Call 1-877-227-6963 and mention "TEX" for a rate at $109/night

Stream Channels:
coming soon!

Coordinators
Chris Chou
Javier Moreno

Web Design and Programming:
Javier Moreno

Twitter:
Follow @Texas_Showdown

Youtube:
coming soon

Facebook Fan Pages:
http://www.facebook.com/TxShowdown

Disclaimer:
*Texas Showdown and its staff is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
*Texas Showdown and its staff can eject any groups/individuals that cause harm or malicious intent from the event at anytime.
*Texas Showdown and its directors can change/modify tournament rules at any time.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When does MK9 start? If its on saturday I can see if maybe some of the Dallas guys can get there.

If it starts on Friday I cant go but other Dallas Guys might.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Everyone should make this! A lot of top capcom players will be there. Like Ricky. Justin. Pr rog and I believe Chris G? Hopefully he joins Mk cus I want to beat him worst than I did.

Tournament is expected to be dope. No dual event with some anime con.

And don't forget $200 Pot bonus for Mk9!!

Starts at 4pm! So gives plenty of time or out of Towners to make it!!! Casuals at my place after will also be planned.

Skitzo

Noob
I'm actually headed there the 14th for a concert with my gf, wonder if I could leave a day early for this

But I hate trying to get used to the asus :(

Cat

I'm actually headed there the 14th for a concert with my gf, wonder if I could leave a day early for this

But I hate trying to get used to the asus :(
Get to the venue early and run some casuals to get use to it.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
Everyone should make this! A lot of top capcom players will be there. Like Ricky. Justin. Pr rog and I believe Chris G? Hopefully he joins Mk cus I want to beat him worst than I did.

Tournament is expected to be dope. No dual event with some anime con.

And don't forget $200 Pot bonus for Mk9!!

Starts at 4pm! So gives plenty of time or out of Towners to make it!!! Casuals at my place after will also be planned.
Im going to this one, so watch out for me cat! :p also, are you having casuals at your place on friday?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that the tournament is this weekend. Be sure to tune in when it happens.

Cat

Nope, and me even taking a game off of you (someone who trains with so much with Kombat Houston), and I have NOBODY to train with is pretty damn good.

Least I got 9th at FR and you 13th :p
You play more than me online. It's not like I'm constantly playing offline casuals :p

That's good. I couldn't even stay longer if I had gone farther :(