What's new

Question - Grandmaster apology about last buff thread

champdee

Noob
Yeah, it was dumb... I mainly just miss the 21, 21 212~clone stuff in mk9.. well in this thread I want us to compile what you'd like to be changed with sub-zero, if any of the variations had this kinda thing i'd use that variation.

mine as basically 24 0 on block, i dunno I'm still thinking but.....

Definitely b33 freeze needs to work on everyone i think we can agree on that right? they should def change that for sure, IF he ever gets changed.

alright well, I wanna hear what you guys would like changed (any variation) for fun or real doesn't matter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"General: b33 xx ice ball connects, regardless of gender.

Grandmaster: fix b12 xx ex clone (on hit)

Cryo: new NJP (ice sword swing)

Unbreakable: faster parry w/ better recovery. Opponents build no meter while aura is active and Sub Zero is blocking."

parry projectiles with little recovery

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
General: b33 xx ice ball connects, regardless of gender.

Unbreakable: faster parry w/ better recovery. Opponents build no meter while aura is active and Sub Zero is blocking.

zoofs

bless
General: b33 xx ice ball connects, regardless of gender.

Unbreakable: faster parry w/ better recovery. Opponents build no meter while aura is active and Sub Zero is blocking.
don't forget unbreakable needs to be able to parry projectiles with little recovery

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
don't forget unbreakable needs to be able to parry projectiles with little recovery
The more I think about it, the less I think that's necessary. @crosshair271 was probably right when he said the parry was never meant for projectiles.

If successful parry had an additional property though, I'd be all about it. A temporary damage boost or instant aura, etc etc.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Just fix the ex Klone and im content. I have a lot of fun playing sub zero and am pleased with the grandmaster variation especially. B33 xx iceball would be nice but I'm ok with having to spend meter midscreen. I'd like something to be done with unbreakable, and would like cryo to be a little less modest in terms of offense.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
LESS modest! People are about to riot over his damage output. But if we're on the subject...

Maybe his ex crushing hammer could speed up to the point where it would combo off of b3 AND b33 (think Kotal OH Sword speed). This would give his offense more of a mix up and boost his wake up game significantly.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
LESS modest! People are about to riot over his damage output. But if we're on the subject...

Maybe his ex crushing hammer could speed up to the point where it would combo off of b3 AND b33 (think Kotal OH Sword speed). This would give his offense more of a mix up and boost his wake up game significantly.

No

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

That would be fair. And b33 xx slide would also add to the mixups. I'm pleased with his damage I meant his pressure was lacking.

Goat-City

Banned
B33 should connect with ice ball, frost bomb should launch a little bit highter to make his combos more consistent, and female hitboxes and gravity should be fixed. I also think his f12 string should be nerfed to do 9% damage instead of 12% for a number of reasons. Tom Brady's newfound tech arguably overpowers him, so slightly nerfing his safe clone set up damage should balance him. B2 also could be nerfed by 2% but that's less important.

champdee

Noob
cool, thanks for the replies guys I'm going to add the ones you guys want, as this is kinda like a community thing or yours and ours thing (whatever). What zoofs said is pretty good.. should I add it with the one @Ree301 suggested? I'll try to do color and make it look good in time.

edit: everyones stuff is really good btw.. shit, forgot the b12 ex clone thing... been a while, can someone explain it exactly again so I can quote it

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Ehhh... There's no reason to nerf his damage. He's comparable to the rest of the kast, let's leave it at that. If he gets the midscreen meterless conversions off b33, maybe I could s
cool, thanks for the replies guys I'm going to add the ones you guys want, as this is kinda like a community thing or yours and ours thing (whatever). What zoofs said is pretty good.. should I add it with the one @Ree301 suggested? I'll try to do color and make it look good in time.

edit: everyones stuff is really good btw.. shit, forgot the b12 ex clone thing... been a while, can someone explain it exactly again so I can quote it
So b12 xx ex ice statue will not come out on hit if both Sub Zero and the opponent are facing the same direction (both towards the foreground/ background). Instead, normal clone comes out and SZ misses out on a 37% 1 bar combo. I can make a video later if you'd like but I'd think there's one floating around already. @Tom Brady made a thread iirc.

I'd say in general have En Iceball have less scaling, so you get more damage for a bar of meter.
Grandmaster - klone toss has an En version that hits overhead and has bigger hit box

Cryomancer - add F+4, 2, 1+3 back throw, air hammer hits overhead, low and.... is plus 4 on block

Unbreakable - ice shield parrys multi hitting projectiles, EX shield nullifies armor

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I'd say in general have En Iceball have less scaling, so you get more damage for a bar of meter.
Grandmaster - klone toss has an En version that hits overhead and has bigger hit box

Cryomancer - add F+4, 2, 1+3 back throw, air hammer hits overhead, low and.... is plus 4 on block

Unbreakable - ice shield parrys multi hitting projectiles, EX shield nullifies armor
AHAHAHAH :D Moar overheads/lows pls NRS.

zoofs

bless

10/10

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Would like the B33 xx Ice Blast change. Imo he's fine the way he is. The only other thing I would really like is for B33 xx EX Ice Blast to be uninterruptable so that I'm not playing constantly playing russian roulette when I knock characters like Kung Lao down.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
B33 should connect with ice ball, frost bomb should launch a little bit highter to make his combos more consistent, and female hitboxes and gravity should be fixed. I also think his f12 string should be nerfed to do 9% damage instead of 12% for a number of reasons. Tom Brady's newfound tech arguably overpowers him, so slightly nerfing his safe clone set up damage should balance him. B2 also could be nerfed by 2% but that's less important.
Overpowers him? New found tech? if you aren't up on the character do the research before requesting nerfs

Cryo's hammer should be 18f imo