What's new

Anyone seen these gameplay videos?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
looks

looks like it drained his super meter or special meter whatever. the one next to the 4 bared meter thats character unique =p
That meter controls his character trait, which regains health.

I'm not sure if it flashes, or if it does, why it flashed.

Down 2

Noob
Armor on Cyborgs grappling hook? damn... the grappling hook does look slow so I guess that balances it out. (I hope)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
These fools playing SF4...

In my opinion this game will play closer to SF4 moreso than MK9. The fact that the dashes can't be canceled by attacks or blocking, backdashes are invincible, and that it's hold back to block are huge deals.

And yea these are the best gameplay videos so far. Loving it.

EDIT: Just realized you might be talking about the loud SF4 sound in the background lol

GGA Max

Lol who needs armor on a teleport? - was my first thought

But this isn't mk, offense is better so perhaps defense needs to be too. Still, rushdown FTW.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
The Grundy/Deathstroke video was just horrible i can't believe how many times Grundy whiffed something and deathstroke not using any of his keep away tools...

i couldn't get through Catwoman/Cyborg(too repetitive)and honestly while Raven/Cyborg was a tad better i didn't really see much from raven

these videos overall didn't really hype me up or show me anything new unfortunately and as everyone else has mentioned those freaking Street fighter noises got incredibly annoying

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
In my opinion this game will play closer to SF4 moreso than MK9. The fact that the dashes can't be canceled by attacks or blocking, backdashes are invincible, and that it's hold back to block are huge deals.

And yea these are the best gameplay videos so far. Loving it.
I was talking about the damn Street Fighter noises in the background, but I totally agree.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I was talking about the damn Street Fighter noises in the background, but I totally agree.
Yea, I must have edited that while you were replying. I understood too late what you meant.

The footsies at the end of the second Cyborg vs Raven seriously makes me wet. I wonder how different everyone's walkspeeds will be. From what I've seen there is not a big difference in any character but I might have to look harder.

EDIT: Scratch that... Raven's walkspeed is faaaaaaaaaast. Geez, that definitely says alot about her playstyle. Grundy has a slow walkspeed too, with those grabs I'm sure that Zangief players will feel right at home.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
at least this gives us another grundy match and some stuff with raven i suppose...gotta find something positive about these videos

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
at least this gives us another grundy match and some stuff with raven i suppose...gotta find something positive about these videos

Walkspeed man.

2:13 in this video
!

She is going to be a footsies monster with her force push. That's some serious shit. If she even has ONE decent midrange poke.... hmm... it would guarantee her to be a midrange footsies character INSTEAD of a "zoner" like people have been misrepresenting her as.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
That's (another) thing that drew me in about the Black Adam gameplay posted on Sunday, his walkspeed looked great too.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
The Grundy/Deathstroke video was just horrible i can't believe how many times Grundy whiffed something and deathstroke not using any of his keep away tools...

i couldn't get through Catwoman/Cyborg(too repetitive)and honestly while Raven/Cyborg was a tad better i didn't really see much from raven

these videos overall didn't really hype me up or show me anything new unfortunately and as everyone else has mentioned those freaking Street fighter noises got incredibly annoying
This is common with the release of new games in any/every genre. When anyone has access to play at events like these more often than not, the individuals with the opportunity to play aren't top level players. I honestly never expect much from videos like these unless it's a specific side event/tourney or well known players are somehow involved.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
This is common with the release of new games in any/every genre. When anyone has access to play at events like these more often than not, the individuals with the opportunity to play aren't top level players. I honestly never expect much from videos like these unless it's a specific side event/tourney or well known players are somehow involved.
I would expect them to look at the move lists first instead of jumping around like morons and doing the same move over and over again

You sure about that one?
To me it looks like the offense in Injustice is far more similar to MK9 and that in many different ways. More ways than Injustice has similarities with SF4.
Ultimately I think that Capcom players will have more problems adjusting to the offense in Injustice (because of combo-strings and hitstun + juggle combos), than MK9 players will have problems adjusting to un-cancelable dashes and holding back to block.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
You sure about that one?
To me it looks like the offense in Injustice is far more similar to MK9 and that in many different ways. More ways than Injustice has similarities with SF4.
Ultimately I think that Capcom players will have more problems adjusting to the offense in Injustice (because of combo-strings and hitstun + juggle combos), than MK9 players will have problems adjusting to un-cancelable dashes and holding back to block.
I'm very interested in seeing the top level players' adaptation.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i surely hope raven isn't some bizarre footsie monster i was looking for a zoner/keep away character of some sort to balance out solomon grundy(I Like Grapplers and keep away characters in fighting games)and honestly Green Arrow seems too much like hawkeye from UMVC3(Not a bad thing since i used hawkeye)and i expect him to be a fairly popular character same thing with deathstroke

so where does that leave me?(I don't really like mirror matches)Sure you could classify me as someone who only knows about raven from the teen titans cartoon but I'm also a comic book fan and for all i know i might of read something with her in it unfortunately I've read a lot of comics and can't really recall every single thing one i ever read

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You sure about that one?
Combo-strings aren't really hard to get use to. Frame data works just the same. The increased hitstun would be something different, yea, but it's nothing really that would affect learning in my opinion. And juggles are just different forms of combos.

The way you whiff punish is SF style, the way you move is SF style, the way you could setup for mixups/crossups on a knockdown is SF style, the spacing is SF style.

These are alot harder things to adjust to than just strings. If an SF player knows frame data well then there isn't really anything stopping them from using the strings just like pokes and canned-mixups. Pretty sure no SF player had a hard time understaning SFxT's strings on the Tekken characters after just looking at the frame data.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You know what, the similarities to SF4 on the spacing, whiff punishing, and general footsies is starting make me fear for the MKC if there is that MKC vs Capcom at CEO. Perfect Legend, REO, and CDJr have some pretty great whiff punishing and spacing in MK9 but Injustice is so much more similar to SF4 in that regard.