What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Anyone find it weird that she is getting so much hate despite not being fully revealed yet?

AM GOING to use JAX (Blacks) and JACQUIE and KOTAL to batter all you black ppl haters.
I just wanna add that although im sure some JB haterades have racial intentions (conscious or subconscious), if anything I want her blacker. Same with Jax, my favorite Jax is from deadly alliance where he was dark skinned
I also wanted Tanya to be dark black to make up for Jade being middle eastern looking in mk9. Im multi-racial myself so I have no dog in the race but I love MKs stereotypical qualities, Johnny Cage is a stereotypical white guy, Liu Kang does bruce lee whataah jibberish, and I want Jax to be a G and say AHHHHHH YEAAAAA

id main Jaq briggs if she was hood

Do you like broccoli? I hate broccoli. Funnily enough, everyone's different. Congratulations, you're going to play Takeda. I won't be. Congratulations, you'll be playing Jacqui. I won't be.Why would I play a character that I don't like? Just to please you?

You're acting like I have some kind of agenda against Jacqui. I won't be playing most of the cast. I apologise if this offends you in any way.

And who defines what is and isn't right? You?

The only close-minded person here is you, because you believe that everyone has to think the same way you do, and can't seem to understand why that isn't the case.
Wow ok I'm trying to be nice and all, but you have went from close minded to just plain buffoon now. I never said you had to like her nor have I implied that AT ALL!!!! Your throwing words into my mouth and making it seem like I am upset because someone doesn't like Jacqui, Takeda, ect.

My whole point is that I think it's dumb to hate on a character and totally dismiss them for petty reasons and not at least give them a chance until they have properly been revealed. I never said people had to believe the way I do so get the f*** out of here with that BS dude. If you don't want to play as Jacqui, Takeda, or any other character that isn't someone like your little husbando Scorpion then have fun, I am just speaking in a general sense here and explaining how foolish it is to totally hate on and dismiss a character we know little to nothing about yet.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I think it's mostly because she's among the shiniest examples of "MK: Dynasties" approach to roster creation in MKX not everyone likes.

I can see this being the case. Batgiel had alot of hate at first and people thought she would be a Batman clone. But then they realized how wrong they were an found out sshe was an awesome unique fighter.
And started to hate her even more.
Also, aesthetics-wise, she is still very similar.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Pfft, so she came up with one little plan - even a broken clock is right twice a day. And that Giraffe Neck is long in the past ;_;.

Congratulations, she's in front in one of the pictures! She's got her cornrows bundled to tightly if she thinks that'll happen again.

And Cassie doesn't need jokes, characters whose personalities are based around jokes are boring (here's looking at you Johnny). What makes Cassie dabes is her nonchalant, disrespectful attitude. Not to mention she's a leader. I know for sure Jacqui's got Twitter by the way she follows Cassie.

Cassie looks way better btw. Jacqui be looking like she made her costume out of pieces of scrap metal and daddy's old army shirts.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I don't even get where the hell that guy came up with that.

There are a lot of facts that people can use as to why they don't like Jacqui, all of them I can go "yeah that's a fair criticism" or 'I can understand why you feel like that", but to call her a clone of Cassie is like, fuck'n dumb.

I mean, all you literally have to do is read the canon comics, they expressly show her as being almost entirely the opposite of Cassie. In fact the first thing she did was beat Cassie in a fight and then tell her basically "Hey don't be stupid and do that stupid thing" where Cassie proceeded to ignore her and lead them into being chased and kidnapped.

She's also more competent and currently has a better track record in terms of feats than Cassie or the rest of Generation X.

Don't like her, fine, but at least be correct in your assessments. That's a fair thing to ask, right?

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
1. People bringing race into this is dumb, I'm black and I can give two shits about any black character in video game history, so that racist shit is moot.

2. How can you not like Jacqui? She has POWER BRACERS.

3. OP just because someone doesn't like her personality doesn't mean they are close minded. The comics have already shown what her personality is like and anyone who actually reads comics, whether it's western or manga, can tell how a character was designed and the route they will take.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Jaq is going to be crazy and I must say that this game is going to be absolutely amazing. Can't wait for evo