What's new

Anyone else wish there was a replay function in MK9?

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Anyone else wish there was a replay function in MK9 online?

I do!

So many intense matches I could use to show fellow Liu Kang/Kenshi players and how I play each match up with these characters. I don't want to have to play with a camera above me everytime I play online, hoping for a great match up because I does not always happen.

Sasuga

Noob
Replay function isn´t really usefull as long as characters are susceptible to changes in frame data and such. Every update would turn your replays unplayable. They could make a replay function that goes around this but it would be a lot more complex. You would have to store the characters´ position and state every frame.

shano

Noob
Yeah it should have been in the game i like to watch my replays after im done playing so i can learn from my mistakes and get better.

Big Frog

Noob
My HD PVR handles that for me, but before I got it I craved a replay function. Anymore if I'm feeling in that "mode" I just hit record and go back through all the matches. Pick out the good ones.

But yes I still wish there was replay for sure.

Eight

I am the salt
Replay function isn´t really usefull as long as characters are susceptible to changes in frame data and such. Every update would turn your replays unplayable. They could make a replay function that goes around this but it would be a lot more complex. You would have to store the characters´ position and state every frame.
SF seems to manage it just fine.

Sasuga

Noob
SF seems to manage it just fine.
SF doesn't nerf/buff characters at the speed NRS does; they only do that with new releases of the game. SF replays are not compatible for the same reason; the only thing that lets AE players watch SSF4 replays is that the AE update left SSF4 character data intact. You can still play Super if you have updated with AE.