What's new

Any experience with HDPvr 2 by hauppauge?

So i did my first stream on a LTE 4g with the HD Pvr 2 and had to deal with video and audio not syncing up while using a mac. Has anyone had any experience with this or know what to do to get them back in sync?

My setup is this

Ps3 with component into the HDPVR 2
HDMI out on the HDPVR 2
Theres a splitter on the HDPVR 2 component brake out cable. This allows me to push sound in the mixer. The mixer then had one rca to 3.5mm cord going into the mac.

on the mac im using

Audio Hijack
Soundflower
Camtwist
HDpvrcapture
and Media Live encorder.

The video comes in late but the audio is on time.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide in advance!

aj1701

Noob
How is the video connected to the mac? If think usb, which should carry audio also. Why is out going ti a mixer?

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Hauppauge Capture Cards aren't really made for live streaming. I would go with the classic Black Magic Intensity Pro or the new Aver Media.

These machines aren't made for macs....
Doesn't mean they dont work on them :)

How is the video connected to the mac? If think usb, which should carry audio also. Why is out going ti a mixer?
I actually thought about that on my way home form the tournament and realized I could use Audio hijack to get the sound straight from it since HDpvr capture previews the video and audio straight from VLC. Thanks though, you was on the right track :)

Hauppauge Capture Cards aren't really made for live streaming. I would go with the classic Black Magic Intensity Pro or the new Aver Media.
I thought the intensity but i had the previous Hauppauge and used Eye TV with it and it worked extremely well with no lag. So i thought it would be an awesome idea to go with the 2.

GGA soonk has one and likes it a lot. I know it records nicely, but for streaming you'd have to ask him.
Thanks, i figured it out though :) Like i said above I can just get the sound straight from VLC player during preview using audio hijack.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I just heard from my friend that his PVR2 also did the same thing. Like I said man, the PVR2 just isn't really made for streaming. It's more for creating videos.

TrueGunnerShadow

The Gunslinger Scrub.
I have a HD PVR 2 and streamed some Blazblue PSN Netplay Tournaments with it.

For Example: http://www.twitch.tv/xtruegunnershadow/b/381901033

I use StreamEez to stream with. No problems with it. Video and Audio does not lag. Not that I know of.
If you want a nice a clean quality stream, I wouldn't recommend it. I can't explain it but its not going to look clean.
If you are broke (like me) or just starting streaming or streaming for fun, I recommend it. Its free.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html under the tab StreamEez.

Just throwing that out there.