What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Sub-Zero Anti- Sorcerer Possibilities?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
http://testyourmight.com/threads/kitana-95-combo-on-quan-chi.56573/page-2#post-1922001

The way the armor works allows Kitana to use her capture state during a time Quan's armor spell refreshes. Since the armor collisions don't count as part of a combo, the combo count seems to reset.

Lao, Cassie, Kitana, and probably other characters with capture states can use this. Can Grandmaster apply this tech with a late freeze? Can Cryomancer apply with the cold blooded string?

Lab monsters, unite!

@themilkman014 @zoofs @Lokheit @RagingRicans @Zeero @crosshair271

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
I tried this with Cryo's cold blooded string and it doesn't work. The armor only comes out before or after the grab hits.

I'm 100% sure this works with a delayed freeze. I'll try out some different stuff later tonight and see how much damage he can get.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I make sense? I'm going to assume that's what you meant because I freakin' need a compliment today.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
This is the most I could get

I was focusing on 111 combos since thats the most probable punish. The f122 may seem blockable but they surprisingly cant block
Glorious.

So how exactly does his armor spell work? It lasts like 8 seconds and armor refreshes every 2 or 3?

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
hm well if anyone is up for it they could help me develop something similar to this with balanced kenshi and lasher takeda, this seems like it could be really good dirt IF you get the oppurtunity to land it, afterall quans arent just going to sit in the corner and activate armor circle, they will do it when YOU are in the corner, @InFlames can you see if you can get any anti corner tech? like a simple way to get out of the corner and punish quan for using the armor circle? i am curious if that is possible

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
As far as anti corner tech, I can really only see a cross up jip right now.

But Quan's will use armor mid screen as well. After hitting him, there may be ways to continuously cross Quan up and control his armor spell to extend/ reset your combos. In the future, that doesn't seem too far fetched. Ex: Quan combos, sends full screen, armor spell > zoning. SZ wakes up ex icy slide to eat a hit and close the gap, maybe dealing a hit himself. And you're there.

Again @InFlames this is so good lol

InFlames

dead
Glorious.

So how exactly does his armor spell work? It lasts like 8 seconds and armor refreshes every 2 or 3?
Yeah somewhere around that. I used a backdash then delayed stance switch to get the timing right, and then 2 forward dashes after the air freeze

hm well if anyone is up for it they could help me develop something similar to this with balanced kenshi and lasher takeda, this seems like it could be really good dirt IF you get the oppurtunity to land it, afterall quans arent just going to sit in the corner and activate armor circle, they will do it when YOU are in the corner, @InFlames can you see if you can get any anti corner tech? like a simple way to get out of the corner and punish quan for using the armor circle? i am curious if that is possible
the same combo works off of a jump in or if you're cornered, if its off a jump in punch just jump in after the backdash instead of the delayed stance switch. So lets say you decide to be a maniac and jump out after getting knocked down into an armor spell setup, he whiffs b324, and you punish him for 80% damage.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I notice the gravity of these hits doesn't reset like the combo counter/ damage reduction does.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Taking a beating/ being reset gives us a fair bit of meter. Quan can deal about 30% per corner combo in his armor spell meta. In this MU, we may consider saving that meter for the x-ray parry instead of breaker. After Quan's corner BnB into armor, he'll likely go for the 50/50 since it's typically safe. If we land the parry here, we can f-dash cancel it, cross up and deal ~50%, as well as gain corner pressure. This almost seems practical. Is this damage/ set up enough to make us hold onto the meter we would've used to break?

X-ray (hold), f-dash, forward jump, f122, jik, b12 xx ice ball, f-dash, njp, f42 1+3 xx hammer

Also, vs Quan's mid screen BnB > armor spell, wake up slide will cause rune zoning to whiff. This opens up the mid screen spell punish posted by @InFlames, dealing ~70%. The armor spell is going to be more of a liability than a help.

Last edited: