What's new

ANTI Kung Lao Tech - High hit box characters vs The Teleport - Works for all as well

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've been known about this. It works yes but if you are always waiting for teleport then you get opened up by his other options. Trust me anything you figure out with this char. Strats for him or Anti strats vs him trust me I already know. Knowing your own chars strengths and more importantly their weaknesses is very important.

Good stuff nonetheless
Appreciate it

Yea i never played w a high hit box character prior to kenshi so it was new for me and I wanted all to know about it

Also so you can NJP a lao teleport but its suicide trying to consistently do that lol

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I agree with Death it seems like if you KNOW they are going to teleport there are better ways to punish. To me the best way is to dash forward that way everything will whiff and you get free stuff no matter what. Kenshi could dash forward and do a rising karma I would imagine.

Dash forward also blows up Sektor's tele.

However, this is hard to time out of the blue so I may be playing too much theory fighter with this post. Regardless, a good find Pig as I'm sure a lot of people will need it and is probably the safest way to go about it.

Pig Of The Hut

I've been known about this. It works yes but if you are always waiting for teleport then you get opened up by his other options. Trust me anything you figure out with this char. Strats for him or Anti strats vs him trust me I already know. Knowing your own chars strengths and more importantly their weaknesses is very important.

Good stuff nonetheless
Thats what i mean. @ what PL said. It looks like its all on read. It seems on reaction it could be tricky. Thats why if u wait for it it opens up block strings grab etc.

Nonetheless, we gotta run the MU sometime pig.
Yea honestly i need to run it hard with you and carl

My thoughts are low block isnt a bad option for you to be in.

You have to still be aware of JIP , overhead but those you can adjust to w d3 hitbox evade and fuzzy the overhead

this strategy just gives kenshi players a way out and something to work on

Pig Of The Hut

I agree with Death it seems like if you KNOW they are going to teleport there are better ways to punish. To me the best way is to dash forward that way everything will whiff and you get free stuff no matter what. Kenshi could dash forward and do a rising karma I would imagine.

Dash forward also blows up Sektor's tele.

However, this is hard to time out of the blue so I may be playing too much theory fighter with this post. Regardless, a good find Pig as I'm sure a lot of people will need it and is probably the safest way to go about it.
id like to play online w Perfect Legend or Death and record to test how applicable it is in battle

I think Kung lao players already knew about this, at least I know and I am only playing him for a few months now. the whole guessing game revolves on the spin after the teleport 3. Its just that there is almost no info on the kung lao forums, so you dont really want to post info thats already known and thats how tech and info about lao gets lost in time.

BTW pig, how do you deal with a cross over punch into combo or jumpkick into hitconfirm ex dive kick for 33% combo after the teleport 3. What I am trying to say is if you respect the spin after teleport 3 youre blocking, if I try to cross you over with whatever move if youre blocking what do you do? You can just block but thats more chip and meter for kung lao and if you use armor I can do a fake crossover, I jump over you and teleport back to the side where I was to do the instant 3 or delayed 3 again..and what if I do the ex teleport 3 in the same situation to mix it up?

And his standing 2 starts at 7 frames if youre blocking low after teleport 3 I can do 2121 for like 8% chip and get almost a whole bar off of that.

Pig Of The Hut

I think Kung lao players already knew about this, at least I know and I am only playing him for a few months now. the whole guessing game revolves on the spin after the teleport 3. Its just that there is almost no info on the kung lao forums, so you dont really want to post info thats already known and thats how tech and info about lao gets lost in time.

BTW pig, how do you deal with a cross over punch into combo or jumpkick into hitconfirm ex dive kick for 33% combo after the teleport 3. What I am trying to say is if you respect the spin after teleport 3 youre blocking, if I try to cross you over with whatever move if youre blocking what do you do? You can just block but thats more chip and meter for kung lao and if you use armor I can do a fake crossover, I jump over you and teleport back to the side where I was to do the instant 3 or delayed 3 again..and what if I do the ex teleport 3 in the same situation to mix it up?

And his standing 2 starts at 7 frames if youre blocking low after teleport 3 I can do 2121 for like 8% chip and get almost a whole bar off of that.
lets try the mu online for fun

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Now I need someone to help me test whether it is possible to get a d4 freeze in with sub after he whiffs the 3... if it is, goodbye worst matchup. Will probably test this tomorrow after work.
You can. Tom posted a while ago the real counter to Lao teleport is to d4 ex freeze. Not do anything else like njp, back dash 2 or something.

He came up with this before this new anti lao tech so maybe he will find something new with the no-turn-around anti tele-tech.

Great post but dis Some day one stuff right here. This happens because the hitbox isn't a box like in street fighter but the actual shape of the character
To test this try d4 mileena in her forward leg in practice. You will notice that when her leg moves so does her collision. Which will make ur attack whiff. This is also the Answer to some "bull shit" some people have had.

Next thing to learn is how huge raidens hit box is. Your going to shit pants ounce you find out he is MUCH larger then sheeva because sheevas head doesn't have collision

Pig Of The Hut

Some day one stuff right here. This happens because the hitbox isn't a box like in street fighter but the actual shape of the character
To test this try d4 mileena in her forward leg in practice. You will notice that when her leg moves so does her collision. Which will make ur attack whiff. This is also the Answer to some "bull shit" some people have had.

Next thing to learn is how huge raidens hit box is. Your going to shit pants ounce you find out he is MUCH larger then sheeva because sheevas head doesn't have collision
day 1 yet no large hit box characters/players do it
:(

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Sweetness, really amazing work from you guys, this takes a lot of the juice out of some of Raiden and Kung Lao's shenanigans. I saw this live yesterday, so awesome that we got to see examples from different characters, with different speeds and abilities.
Can you give me a link to this stream, please?

I dont want to impose
but this tech whiffs a crap ton of attacks. not just kung lao tele stuff
do we have a forum that applies every character on TYM?