What's new

Anti-Airs?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've been using d+1 as my anti-air for quite some time now for when I get crossed over. The thing is that it isn't very consistent because more than half the time I try to d+1 them out of the jp they end up hitting me for a full combo. Is it my timing that is off or should I use standing 1 standing 2 d+4 as my anti-air?

Opinions?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The move, "Anti-Air" is a good anti cross up, anti air. Use it and get them to stop crossing you over.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
d1 is the best anti cross up as if you get the timing down so you can anti air 100% of the time with it you can get a 20% combo into bomb setup, same with a normal standing 1 if theyre from jump distance, if you wanna play it safe then yeah anti air (df1) is your best option.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
d1 is the best anti cross up as if you get the timing down so you can anti air 100% of the time with it you can get a 20% combo into bomb setup, same with a normal standing 1 if theyre from jump distance, if you wanna play it safe then yeah anti air (df1) is your best option.
D1 gives you a bomb set-up, but its not the best and most reliable anti-air. Believe me, when you have to play against Jax every week, you will understand.

DF1 is a 100% guaranteed anti-cross up tool, D1 isn't(not that its bad). And yes, standing 1 is also good as a regular anti-air.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
D1 gives you a bomb set-up, but its not the best and most reliable anti-air. Believe me, when you have to play against Jax every week, you will understand.

DF1 is a 100% guaranteed anti-cross up tool, D1 isn't(not that its bad). And yes, standing 1 is also good as a regular anti-air.
d1 is only good for anti crossup i find, but i think its VERY reliable, just gotta make sure you time it right, but yeah as weve both stated, anti air is an impossible to screw up anti air, and really thats all you need most of the time.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Anti-Air should come with a tin. On that tin it should say "Good for anti-air"

Playing any cyrax i tend not to jump in too much, its a solid option, might not be a combo or bomb setup from it, but if you get an anti air 100% of the times i jump, thats me done jumping for a while.

KTH

Noob
d1 is only good for anti crossup i find, but i think its VERY reliable, just gotta make sure you time it right, but yeah as weve both stated, anti air is an impossible to screw up anti air, and really thats all you need most of the time.
D1 for cross up is pretty reliable most of the char. I found that scorpion is one of the exception though. His jumping punch is too good. Most of the time, I have to use nj punch or dash forward and d.4.

Anti air is the safest and reliable. That's for sure. That's all I used at the start. I don't find it rewarding enough though. the damage is too small to condition people to stop jumping or punishing good read. I use s1 exclusively now. Sometime it got stuffed by scorpion jumping punch too :(. For a period of time, I had plenty of success anti air with d4 at the right distance since most people buffer button with their j punch. They learnt and adapted of course. They don't jump unless at a really close distance and they stop buffering. Maybe, I do need to add anti air back to my arsenal when i have a lifelead and use s1 when I don't.

That's my history for cyrax anti air. Take it with a grain of salt.