What's new

Animated Batman films!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I cannot be the only one who has noticed the quality of animated movies growing as of late!? I recently watched The Dark Knight Returns pt. 1 and 2 and was blown away by how good it is. Year One is equally as impressive. Maybe I'm biased because both films are based on two of my favorite Batman arcs written by Frank Miller? I'll know soon enough I suppose because I'm about to watch Under The Red Hood.

I also noticed the films are catering more towards adults with "vulgar" language and blood lol. In Year One Batman said "fucking" which blew my mind lol.

List your favorite Batman animated films here! Please give me suggestions on where to take it next! Is the Doom movie any good?

I cannot be the only one who has noticed the quality of animated movies growing as of late!? I recently watched The Dark Knight Returns pt. 1 and 2 and was blown away by how good it is. Year One is equally as impressive. Maybe I'm biased because both films are based on two of my favorite Batman arcs written by Frank Miller? I'll know soon enough I suppose because I'm about to watch Under The Red Hood.

I also noticed the films are catering more towards adults with "vulgar" language and blood lol. In Year One Batman said "fucking" which blew my mind lol.

List your favorite Batman animated films here! Please give me suggestions on where to take it next! Is the Doom movie any good?
i have only seen the dark knight returns part 1 and 2 and was blown away. the joker is so messed up.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Under the red hood is sweet! Which hurts more? This? Or that? Forehand? Or backhand? Crowbar bludgeoning for the lolz. Gotham knight is pretty sweet. It is a single linear story but done by five different animators. It is pretty epic, if you haven't saw it it's amazing.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I feel kind of "meh" about Under The Red Hood so far :( I even stopped watching it lol. Maybe I am biased lol.
I STILL haven't watched pt 2 but my favorite animated Batman has to be Under the Red Hood. You need to see that if you haven't already.
PT.2 Is actually better than the first. You need to get on that!

my animated movie collection:
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2
Hulk Vs.
Justice League: The New Frontier
Justice League: Doom
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Superman: Doomsday
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Batman Triple Feature (Gotham Knight, Under the Red Hood, Year One)

don't judge me :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
These are my favorites:

1) The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1 & 2
2) Under the Red Hood (I hate Jason Todd, but this was a good story and doesn't very closely to the comics)
3) Return of the Joker
4) Mask of Phantasm
5) Gotham Knight

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Under the Red Hood was sad

Why? I'm not talking about killing Penguin or Scarecrow or Dent. I'm talking about him. Just him. And doing it because... Because he took me away from you. ;_;