What's new

An Era is Ending.... Or is it?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Well, Injustice is almost here, and I am sure everybody else is just as excited as me. I am looking forward to working with new players to find tech for my new character, try new things, and face new challenges as a player. But I want to say this (even though it has been said many times). Mk9 is (obviously) not dead. Evo is coming up, along with tons of other tournaments. It is important that we stick together and keep MK strong. No that doesn't mean practicing Injustice, and entering Mk because it is at the tournament, but not taking it seriously. I mean... keep exploring. Keep leveling up. And let's make this game's level of play truly the highest it can be. Because this game is certainly not being played at full potential. There is still tech to be found people, still new set ups to be discovered! Even for a character like Johnny Cage who is fairly fleshed out, I have new ideas in my head all the time. Do most of them work? Nope. But on occasion I find something small just to make my cage that much better. Which brings me to my next point. Keep posting! I understand that right now, all focus is on Injustice, so the Mk character forums are a little dead. But keep discussing those mk matchups, there is never too much discussion. Overall, lets make EVO 2013 a tournament to remember. Mortal Kombat and Injustice for all!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The only thing I can do is post paragraphs downplaying my characters. ;_;

Ain't no tech left for Noob unless I can make portal glitches consistent

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The only thing I can do is post paragraphs downplaying my characters. ;_;

Ain't no tech left for Noob unless I can make portal glitches consistent
Well maybe tech isn't the right word. Set ups, spacing, and how players play the game, is constantly evolving. And when the game evolves, new strategies emerge.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't see why it's so hard to play/support 2 different games lol.
I mean srsly
I know, but look at the character forums for mk, most of them are dead. Yeah thats partially because of the immediete hype for Injustice, but players are also looking at focusing on injustice long term, leaving mk behind. And we cannot afford to do that imo.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
MK is pretty dead now lol. Even the servers aren't working to their best of their abilities anymore.

I'm still gonna play it up to Evo. But after that, it all depends...

I know, but look at the character forums for mk, most of them are dead. Yeah thats partially because of the immediete hype for Injustice, but players are also looking at focusing on injustice long term, leaving mk behind. And we cannot afford to do that imo.
The JC forums are never gonna die. :)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
MK is pretty dead now lol. Even the servers aren't working to their best of their abilities anymore.

I'm still gonna play it up to Evo. But after that, it all depends...
I know. I believe that this game can still be strong for at least another year, maybe more, if we work hard. And the mk community is no stranger to that.

I think its just mostly hype for a new game. Mk in about a month is about to be packed with tournaments, i can't see it dying anytime soon.

Goldi

Noob
Even if MK becomes a side game living in big sister Injustice's shadow, so what? That's the worst that will happen, really.

And tons of games like Virtua fighter are fine (if not even more respected, and dedicated) with that status. Their communities are still strong and represented, even if they're not winning many popularity contests.

So it is what it is. Growing pains are always bittersweet.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK is cool, but, the focus now, is IGAU, since is a new franchise, what bringssome very interesting new factors to fighting game competitive scene, and, it's totally pretty natural, everyone put effort and attention on it , instead of MK9 ..... after all, the game is being well accepted for us, and all MK community is urging to explore "to the bone" this new game, hehe :D

Mk10 probably, when released , will bring back the same hype MK9 had when came out ..... natural feeling people, just relax and don't worry. While NRS keep going being involved in both franchises, there is nothing to worry about. :cool:

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I don't see Mk dying, however forums have been dead for a little while now just because there hasn't been a whole lot to say. People still love playing the game and leveling up, but there aren't game changing discoveries happening that often anymore. Not to say that there isn't anything left to be discovered, its just time for that super deep meta game to continue to evolve over long periods of time. I'll still play Mk at tournaments but Injustice is going to get my training room love for a little while now.