What's new

Am I the only one who misses the cartoonishness of MK9?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I actually liked the grittiness of MKX, but so far everyone looks pretty clean. The only looks that seemed off to me was I thought Sub-Zero in particular looked better, design wise, in mkx and Geras looks like an injustice 2 character for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I miss the graphical style of mk9 a ton. A lot of the character models were poopy, but I loved the color palette.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I don't think anyone has a problem with sexiness. It's when it goes over the top like MK9 did when it's just plain dumb.

I didn't see anybody complaining about Poison Ivy in Injustice 2, and she was super sexy. Because that's her character. It makes sense. Having a character like Sonya covered up makes sense. I can't take her seriously as military because she looks like a stripper in MK9, but in MKX/11 she actually fits the bill.

I don't mind cleavage and butts, but when it's as ridiculous as it was in MK9 then just seems a bit dumb.
I agree about Sonya but Skarlet is a blood thirsty psycho bitch. Look at that smile on her face when she does her fatal blow. Bikini armor fits her like a glove.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I agree about Sonya but Skarlet is a blood thirsty psycho bitch. Look at that smile on her face when she does her fatal blow. Bikini armor fits her like a glove.
I can understand that, but we also haven't seen all of her skins yet. They might have a skin more similar to her MK9 outfit that we haven't seen yet. They've also completely redesigned her character from the ground up and are taking her in a different direction.

I do think showing a bit more skin fits her character though. I do like her design in MK11 as well. So, I'm indifferent towards her.

There is a line between her and Sub-Zero where she says "Because I'm so stunning" So, she thinks she's THAT bitch, but her outfit choice doesn't really reflect that. I think we'll see more skins for her though.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
i didnt think i would have been amazed at mk11 visuals but boy ole boy it definitely is headed in the right directions. ive always love and wanted mk to keep its realism. it seem it lost it when it went 3d but gained it back with mk9. didnt feel like mk9 was cartooney but it was waaay better than its counterparts. mkx was dark and gritty stages were boring story was awful dlc was great and i did have fun with the krypt and the game itself. mk11 is a new chapter for us to sink our teeth in and im loving how it looks so far. cant wait to get my hands on it. peace

I dunno about cartoonish, but I enjoy my MK just a little bit campy yeah. The over-the-top violence, the pseudo-English MK-speak during fights, the quirky modes, the almost goofy fatalities, etc. Basically, I enjoy it most when there's a little bit of humor injected into the experience. I think MK9 did a good job bringing that back to the series, but MKX then went in the opposite direction, which made the atmosphere of MKX feel dull to me.

That said, I have some hope for MK11. The color palette is more vibrant than MKX, and I already got a chuckle out of things like Baraka's fatality (which was brutal, but also totally ridiculous).

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
There are plenty of cartoon tits on the Internet. I can still see them.

What I cannot see in 2019 is a presentation of giant cartoon tits attached to a purple wearing, scantily clad granny who whips people with her hair and screams their skin off.

Do you have any idea how many of my fetishes I'm going to miss out on?
Fair point, I concede

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I mean...are the tits fake if it's a video game? I doubt Mileena is hitting up a plastic surgeon for augmentations.