What's new

General/Other Alternative costume xray issue?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Sorry if it has been mentioned before. I looked up the first 4 pages and found nothing about it.

I was just trying this corner combo with czub: medium bomb, jp, 3, 4, short jump xray

you have to do the xray as soon as you leave the ground, since this particular combo doesn't launch the opponent too high.

The problem/issue was when I tried this combo with the alternative costume. The xray just simply won't come out.

I have connected it a few times in a vs match doing small jump dive kicks and when they try to counter I do the xray. It hits on their feet. It's not a hard thing to do, at all. But why doesn't come out with the other costume?

Has anyone else noticed this? I can tape the combo if needed, but it's not about the combo, but the small jump xray issue.

Thanks

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Interesting. I don't like the look of the mk3 robots so I never use it. Could you post a video? I'm also interested in the combo you listed, if not to see it.

NinjaGrinder

I'll try to record the combo and the xray alone. I swear I got it 100% of the time with the original costume but not once with the alternative one LOL

NinjaGrinder

Ok I recorded the whole thing, here it is and the video description is this:

I'm not sure of this 100% yet. I'm open to suggestion and explanations. But I think this is very wierd.

In the first part of the video, I do some small jump xrays (SJXR), from upclose and full screen away, not a big deal. Then a corner combo wich is:

medium bomb, jumping punch, 3, 4, SJXR. You have to do the xray as soon as your feet leave the ground. As you can see, I can do the SJXRs fairly easy. It's not hard at all

But then, I switch the costume and the SJXR won't come out. Only when I mash the buttons twice the xray comes out, but at the peak of cysub's jump. I've tried countless times, and I haven't been able to do one single SJXR with the MK3 costume. I do the exact same motions with both costumes, but only with the original one I can do it. Its just me or you can't do this with the alternative one?

If you can do it with his alternative costume, let me know. Some video proof would be appreciated. I have to see it to believe it LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiaUvFib8wE&

NinjaGrinder

Ok, Konqrr said in the video that not only I'm right, but its a problem that Kitana has as well! she can't do instant air xray with his dlc costume... BUT if you do xrays pressing just switch stance + block (the way most people do it) there's no issue.

As you could see in the video, I do xray pressing (block + 3 + 4), because I play on a TE stick and my button config is:

3 BL 4
1 TAG 2

So, as long as you do xrays with the "shortcut input" you won't have this problem. It's not really a big deal, I don't like the mk3 robots look that much anyways LOL