What's new

Question Alternate controls on or off?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Which have you guys been using?

Up until this Sunday I was playing with alternate controls off. However, some input leniency with it that caused me some issues. For example, if you are holding back to either block a single move or walk back to bait a whiff, and press f2, there are times it is so lenient you will get Lightning Charge, which can be very bad in some circumstances.

Turning alternate controls on solves this problem. I'm curious if anyone has seen any downsides to uses this with flash. The only thing I've seen so far, is if you ever for some reason have to do d1 lightning charge it is almost impossible. I mean seriously, try it out, its insane. I can't think of a situation you'd need to do this, but still.

Post up if you guys have been having any issues like this and if you've found any other workarounds.

I play on stick btw.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Pad. Its staying off. :p I tried the alternate controls because landing these pesky dbf inputs IN juggles is cray. I literally have to pick my thumb up off the dpad and press each input separately to get the move to come out. Any sliding action and I end up with dbdf(so I get the df special).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I might have to turn them on, because when I go from crouch or holding back to pressing other directions, it creates special moves instead of giving me the normals I want.

It's also especially tricky when I have to go from crouch to a bf-type move; so SF controls might be the solution.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I might have to turn them on, because when I go from crouch or holding back to pressing other directions, it creates special moves instead of giving me the normals I want.
Yes, this is another one of the major problems I've had with other characters as well as the Flash.

Bluez

~ Rialt1 PrimE ~
When I turned the alternate controls on, I found it difficult to get Lightning charge out with the HCF motion, unsure why. But if your talking about having accidental moves such as the Speed Dodge come out, I don't think alternate controls helped this much at all because I too was having issues with accidental speed dodges.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I have alternate kontrols because I use a loose D-pad and pressing D2 sometimes gets me DB2 or DF2 so my anti air fails and I eat a kombo. This doesn't apply to Flash but the unwanted Lightning Charge does happen to me also.

I also like doing D1 while still krouch blocking so alternate kontrols help for that too.

One problem though is that kontrol glitch where your kontrols change back to default. If you play on Alternate you won't get your Torpedos on Default by doing Half Circles. Happened to me on stream at WNF against RIP. Then again this is a problem for everybody that doesn't use Default. Not to mention it also puts Negative Edge back on.

Mvskokee

It's what I am. I dont care why.
I use alternate controls only because I'm so used to holding down back in other games while doing strings that i get speed dodge everytime i crouch block for a d1,2 string. I really would like to use the mk controls over the alternate because imo you don't have to be super on point with the stick motion. I dunno if they can fix that but I'd like to hear that they were from Colt or any other ppl close with nrs.