What's new

Guide - Nimble All *Fully Optimized* Nimble Combos and Setups + Underused Strings Overview

=) ?

• =)

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • =(

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
So, I wanted to make this before the new patch comes out! I checked the combo lists and guides and couldn't find a full optimal combo guide and situational strategy. I thought I'd make this then :D
@OFIDYAN made an awesome video guide for all variations, and I'd check that out before viewing this. I try to go more situational strategy rather than general (If that makes any sense), which OFIDYAN did. Again, check his out first!

Now, let's get started shall we? :D

Notable Moves And How To "Use Them Wisely"
-These are the useful moves you should use during the match. I'm not going to name every move. Some are already in other guides and using them is just common sense.

1. Floating Ball (DD+Block)
This stops the force ball for about 3-4 seconds. This is great for setups, but you will mainly be using this to catch jumpers, if the moving force ball won't hit while moving. It is worth the bar of meter imo.

2. Swamp Slam (F21 1+3)
Swamp Slam is great in the neutral. Using it after back-dashing is a very good tool. (Mainly used after the block claw swipe and you dash back). This is an underrated tool in the neutral. A little thanks to @Genocide512 for showing me this nice tool. I use it much more now. It is -11 on block so you can hit confirm into claw swipe ;)

3. Hybrid Krush (21)
21 is a very underused stagger string. Sure, it is a high, but using it is necessary. You're plus two after it so you do have more freedom rather than using F41 for staggering. If you expect your opponent to poke, using this would not be recommended. It does give you a nice advantage after hitting it :)

4. Gut Crunch (D4)
Easily one of the most over looked pokes in the game. Yes, its start up is 12, but it is a great "check" poke, leaving you neutral on block. The range is not the best, but it is decent. Most times I will move back after putting one out, and follow it up with a F21(?). This catches the opponent off guard, but abusing it will get you punished.

5. Scaly Serpent (F3 B4)
This is rarely used. It is a low starter that catches back dashes, so it is very useful on a nice read. It is fairly punishable (-12 on block), but does a whopping 18% damage. Many of characters cannot punish it, let alone know the frame data for the string lol.

Optimal NIMBLE Combos List.
Midscreen

100% Corner Carry Combo (Corner to Corner)
F412~DD3ex F2~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F412~Slide (45%)
Thank you to ILGENOWSKI for providing this video
F412~DD3ex BF4 F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F412~Slide (43%)

If the one above is too hard, try this alternative: F412~DD3ex, Slide (x6) F412~Slide
If you switch sides after the first Dash, basically emulate the B1D4 optimal combo below :D

Regular BnB
B1D4~DF3, Deep NJP, DD3ex F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Dash F4~Slide F412~Slide (44%)
If the one above is too hard, try this alternative: B1D4~DF3, Deep NJP, DD3ex F41, F41, F41, F41~Slide F412~Slide

*Middle* of The Stage to Corner
F412~DD3ex, Slide, F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F41~DF3, D2, F412~Slide (43%)

Optimal NIMBLE Combos List.
Corner

F412~DD3ex F4~Spit F4~Spit F4~Spit F41~DF3 D2 F412~Slide (51%)

50% Corner Setup
(End Corner Combo In F41~DD3 for the setup)
B2, 4~Spit, 4~Spit, F41~DF3, D2, F412~Slide (50%)

Setups and Swag!

(End Combo in F412~DB3ex) - CORNER TO CORNER 55% SETUP
F41 Or B3~Dash, DD3ex F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F4~DF3, D2, F412~BF4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

52% Combo Setup With Stopped Forceball!
After Stopping FB:(F41/B3)~Dash DD3ex F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Dash F4~Slide F41~Slide

Ok! That's basically it! I have some little bonus videos though. These mainly aren't going to be used online though. If you have anything to add, feel free to do so, and I will add it. Thanks! :D

@Milkman
@Shade667
@Syzoth
@xXFiercePlayXx
@THTB
@flappysamyhamy
@SoS Zulu
@RM Cossner
@Other Reptiles
Already mentioned others above ;)

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
it's cool that you brought up the 21 stagger, i've yet to see any reptile go for it. Yes it's a 12f high and it'd probably get rekt by down-pokes and whatnot. but it's still +2 and the full string launches for a combo, so it's good to use it once in a while.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
it's cool that you brought up the 21 stagger, i've yet to see any reptile go for it. Yes it's a 12f high and it'd probably get rekt by down-pokes and whatnot. but it's still +2 and the full string launches for a combo, so it's good to use it once in a while.
Thanks! And yeah. You have to use it at certain times for sure, or you'll get blown up

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I use it after a bit of conditioning. Really underrated way to get + frames.

Good vids, btw. Been trying to figure out where I can incorporate Nimble into matchups.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X

Good vids, btw. Been trying to figure out where I can incorporate Nimble into matchups.
Yup! I actually missed a few things I'll add later. And god damn I knew I missed someone to tag in lol.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam

now imagine if Paulo changes it into a 12f mid 0 on block :DOGE

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Having been working on the Unbreakable Guide for a bit now, I know how long this kind of project takes. Good shit.

Reactions: D7X

Meep8345

Noob
His d4 is plus 25 on hit he can literally run up and jail f412 lol. His d4 is so good and if a reptile doesn't wanna commit to being negative/punishable (b34/b4 ex swipe) then checking with d4 might be better than d3 imo just because you're neutral on block so you can just back up after checking with a d4.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Cool stuff man! Just a side note. Some of the combos are not optimal but the setups are nice
Such as? And I try to make my combos able to be hit consistently online. Most of the more optimal ones really are not necessary

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Dude not cool! I use that all the time and you know it!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
my Brother uses that one on me all the time, 21 into D3 into either B1D4/F412/B2/Throw.

Its a great tool, and it can jail into some moves i have no clue why most reptiles dont use it.

Reactions: D7X

Ardet

Noob
Really nice dude! Nimble is such a fun variation.
Cool stuff man! Just a side note. Some of the combos are not optimal but the setups are nice
Yo dude, after watching your and DatProStunner's Nimble I fell in love with this variation and picked it up. Wondering do you have YT channel or Stream? Would love to watch if you stream.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
i just have to mention . I rarely use meter in nimble for basilisk in combos. Most of the time i go for f41 basilisk or 14 basilisk as ender. Someone posted meterless basilisk setups a while ago and imo that´s the way to go.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
No run up and jail f412 and you have plenty of time to hit-confirm if the d4 hit and still jail them. I wouldn't doubt it if he can actually dash up and frame trap all his normals lol. +25 is a lot
I think dash in this game is 15f. Back dash is like 29-30f

No run up and jail f412 and you have plenty of time to hit-confirm if the d4 hit and still jail them. I wouldn't doubt it if he can actually dash up and frame trap all his normals lol. +25 is a lot
Keep it quiet, the nerf nazis will want it reduced in the up coming patch.